• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terra_Ex

Fable always struck me as a game (and series) where it didn't know what exactly it wanted to be and it sort of just ambled about accomplishing nothing of note. I saw glimpes of the Sims in the series, what with the bizarre communication system you need to use interact with npcs. Te game also wanted to be an rpg but you can neither truly die nor can you interact meaningfully with most of the denizens of the world. Lots of good intentions to be sure but it really felt like a jumble of different systems and a case of the devs just throwing everything in there and hoping something sticks, the formula also grew increasingly more muddled as the sequels emerged.

Price mistake?

Seems so, still 98% off in the UK though.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Almost all of these Week Long deals look like BundleStars future bundles to me.

weeklies are usually just bundle fodder. Still grabbed Dementium 2 tho, and it has cards

Huh, it the same thing that happened with Iesabel recently with the UK getting a massive discount by mistake. At least it's with a good game this time.

Dr Dogg

Daily Mafia II 75% off

Oh man, after Dogg said "Roll on the Daily" I was going to say that I hope Mafia 2 shows up again so I can buy the DLC for the JP app, but I decided against it. I could've been two for two!

Sweet Mafia II is back on a daily. Bet 2K have been stingy though and DLC isn't on discount though.

*checks store*

Blimmey it is. I bet The Betrayal of Jimmy isn't on offer though, it can't be *checks Russian store*. It is! What a great turn of events.

Ok any Russian SteamGAF around at the moment?

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'll make some updated Dementium II HD impressions for you guys. I had some old ones, but I think I can write-up some better impressions here, so gimme a bit.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
why is the Pacman CE DX soundtrack so fucking good?

I'll make some updated Dementium II HD impressions for you guys. I had some old ones, but I think I can write-up some better impressions here, so gimme a bit.

My impressions haven't been good from what I've played... It's a very boring horror-esque FPS that feels like a DS game. The tearing I get is unbelievable... I think I stopped in chapter 3 while working on the playfire rewards for it and haven't gone back to finish it yet because of much better games releasing. ;)

Sweet Mafia II is back on a daily. Bet 2K have been stingy though and DLC isn't on discount though.

*checks store*

Blimmey it is. I bet The Betrayal of Jimmy isn't on offer though, it can't be *checks Russian store*. It is! What a great turn of events.

Ok any Russian SteamGAF around at the moment?

What's Betrayal of Jimmy and why does it require RU peeps?
I have something called Jimmy's Vendetta... but I'm assuming this is different?

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Haha, fortunately I noticed the stuff-up rather quickly as I went looking for the post so I could link to it in the Fable thread.
You have really quick fingers xD
Oh well, at least I got a good laugh out of it :p

Fable as a series represents a lot of broken promises, misleading claims, and good-intentions-gone-awry, so it's kinda the perfect metaphor for Microsoft on the PC.
This is basically correct.

Speaking of annoying -- I think DmC puts achievement popups in a different place than steam notifications for friends -- so I'd be looking in the bottom right where the Steam popups (and the milestone info for each achievement) were and didn't realize that the achievement popups were in the top left.

Do a lot of games do this? Seems strange to me.
Ah yes, that in DmC was pretty annoying because I have Afterburner enabled and the OSD is by default there as well.

fantomena

Got an extra code from the devs. Game needs more exposure here on SteamGAF, so here you go.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Among the Sleep -- MB-DFF8E7FABEB575D2 - Taken by DexterPepper. 70 entrants total.

t1401740749z1.png

Dr Dogg

What's Betrayal of Jimmy and why does it require RU peeps?
I have something called Jimmy's Vendetta... but I'm assuming this is different?

This bad boy and for some stupid reason 2K only released it in certain eastern European countries. Realistically I've spent the better half of 4 years trying to finish Mafia II and still have 3 mission to do so it's moreover for collection purposes.

Nabs

Steam Beta update:

General
  • Fixed in-game overlay sometimes not activating on first hot-key press after game launch
  • Games can be preloaded to any available Steam Library folder
Big Picture
  • Added new library section for browsing and managing user screenshots
In-Home Streaming
  • Worked around a crash in the latest NVIDIA driver (337.88)
  • Implemented brightness controls for games like Dark Souls II and Thief
  • You can toggle windowed mode on the client with Alt-Enter and resize the streaming window
  • Desktop shortcuts will stream games if they are currently available for streaming
  • Added 2’ streaming EULA dialog so you don’t have to go to the remote computer to accept it after installing a game.
  • Fixed the menu bar showing on the client on Mac OS X 10.6

JakeD

8-bit commando released today...the dev is pulling the "add me as a friend and ill give you a steam key" move for previous bundle buyers

DogMeat77

Got an extra code from the devs. Game needs more exposure here on SteamGAF, so here you go.

Very nice give away. I'm excited to play this on Oculus Rift. If I'm not the lucky chosen one I will probably try to pick it up next week or two. The demo was a bit rough on the Oculus but I understand they are already patching it.

Li Kao

I think I broke Jase with my stupid questions on Steam chat, sorry guys :-/

But more seriously, when signing up to steamtrades through steam, a page appear where I must enter a nickname and a valid email adress. But at the same time this is precised :
"Important: Please ensure this is a valid e-mail address. If you win a gift, it will be sent here. Keep in mind, if you're selected as a winner, this address will be viewable to the user or sponsor providing the game."

I'm not too hot providing my steam email, but it is unavoidable right ? I can't give another email adress ? The more I think about it the more my question seems stupid but hey, better safe than sorry.

Rhaknar

why are devs so scummy with bundle keys? just give out the fucking keys and be done with it, no hassle, no bad press, move on and wait until the summer/winter sale for your game to sell, thats the only time it will sell anyway

Sini

I think I broke Jase with my stupid questions on Steam chat, sorry guys :-/

But more seriously, when signing up to steamtrades through steam, a page appear where I must enter a nickname and a valid email adress. But at the same time this is precised :
"Important: Please ensure this is a valid e-mail address. If you win a gift, it will be sent here. Keep in mind, if you're selected as a winner, this address will be viewable to the user or sponsor providing the game."

I'm not too hot providing my steam email, but it is unavoidable right ? I can't give another email adress ? The more I think about it the more my question seems stupid but hey, better safe than sorry.
They aren't saying that you need to give them the email address you use for Steam. They want you to give them address that actually exists and you have access to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom