• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
humble BTA(s) added today or is it tomorow?
"More Coming Soon
More games will be added to this bundle next Tuesday morning at 11:00am Pacific! If you pay more than the average at your time of purchase, you’ll automatically unlock even more games when they arrive! Keep checking the site and prepare to be surprised and delighted!"

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

Li Kao

Oh, duh, I thought that's what I typed, haha.

You don't really need to worry about the array of subs. What matters is the sub you'll be buying.

You can browse the stores of other regions by just affixing ?cc=xx to a Steam Store URL. For example, to get to Steam RU, you want http://store.steampowered.com/?cc=ru (NASA has a list of all the country codes used on the 'net).

And with this post, it all became clearer. Thank you Jase for taking the time to explain all this. I'm still not clear on the depot / censored version thingy, will have to reread your posts, but my understanding is better now.
The ?cc=xx trick is great, and even greater Enhanced Steam seems to tell me about region lock automatically when browsing in the Russian store. This is all so great... except that Age of Wonders 3 is locked I mean :-/

The-Bean

Looks like Activision finally fixed the Modern Warfare 2 price in Australia. Now matches US ($19.99). CoD4 is still $49.99 though.

Uzzy

The company, technically speaking, still exists, but the last of its employees left last month following (relatively) mass layoffs in March. I'm guessing a small team stayed back to finish up Murdered and they left when the game went gold.

So we had better hope the release isn't buggy or anything, right?

JaseC

So we had better hope the release isn't buggy or anything, right?

Post-release support shouldn't be a problem (well, no more than usual). Squeenix owns the game so it could just give the reins to, say, Nixxes.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Tomorrow.
Main bundles are (almost) always tuesday, weeklies are thursday
"More Coming Soon
More games will be added to this bundle next Tuesday morning at 11:00am Pacific! If you pay more than the average at your time of purchase, you’ll automatically unlock even more games when they arrive! Keep checking the site and prepare to be surprised and delighted!"

cheers wasnt sure

"New" thread and new giveaway. This time only one game.

Cryostatis_Sleep_of_Reason.jpg

Cryostasis, no longer available on Steam. This code should work, but I can't guarantee it since it's been quite some time since I got it.
Also trying out this megagivers thingie.

I can't believe it! Definitely jumping into this one tonight. The boxart has my interest piqued.

Thank you, sir! I will cherish this game.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just got a PS3. Here's hoping there's still quite some time before the Summer Seal begins, as I've got to get some games for the little console right now :p

I already asked Gabe to postpone it for a year or two. Sorry guys, please understand.

Grief.exe

While I'm very happy about Fable Anniversary on Steam, I'm still not going to believe their so-called commitment to PC gaming. I just complained about the lack of a PC port for Forza Horizon 2 (which is coming to Xbox One and Xbox 360, so taking sales away from the Xbox One isn't an argument). Unless things like that happen, I'm not going to be overly excited.

Well, Forza has never been on the PC before, while the entire Fable series has been on the platform.

By the way, the original port of Fable 1 is glorious, and downsamples spectacularly.

imAFpZgmq4xl4.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Well, Forza has never been on the PC before, while the entire Fable series has been on the platform.

By the way, the original port of Fable 1 is glorious, and downsamples spectacularly.

imAFpZgmq4xl4.png

Fable 2 wasnt :(

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered

imAFpZgmq4xl4.png
2 out of 5 released Fable games are available on PC. Soon to be 3 out of 6 with this port and Fable Legends.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Fable as a series represents a lot of broken promises, misleading claims, and good-intentions-gone-awry, so it's kinda the perfect metaphor for Microsoft on the PC.

JaseC

I thoroughly enjoyed The Lost Chapters and while I didn't enjoy 2 quite as much, I'd still say it's a solid Fable game. The spire nonsense does sour the experience, though.

Come to think of it, I haven't played through Fable since 2006; I might give it another whirl before the remake hits. I've been meaning to sell my X360, so 2 will probably be out of the question, unfortunately (yadda yadda PC port, please).

Finished DuckTales Remastered, took me around three and half hours
ducktales-remastered-achievements-guide.jpg

So rich fuck Scrooge McDuck is on it again, doing what he is best in: putting children into trouble and being greedy. It was short but sweet. I played on normal but I am a Duck Tales veteran. But especially because of that I found the twists the game throws at you very fun! Because of there is no mid-level save points, I had to replace two stages, Amazon and Transylvania again because I had to leave mid boss so overall it took me about 3 hours.

While I was bit too harsh on the 3D stages before, I gotta say that they aren't that bad: actually some stages look pretty awesome sans the first tutorial level. Still, they aren't up to the beautiful sprites level, but close enough. But I can't help but wonder how amazing the game would have looked in all 3D. I have been watching Duck Tales from Netflix recently and I while I miss the awful Finnish voices, the English voices are rock solid: sometimes there are too many cutscenes that are very frequent. At least they are rather funny. The remixes are pretty great and similar to the originals! Superb!

Gameplay wise it's pretty much 1:1. Even the annoying "stick misses platform so no bouncing for you" mechanic is there. The levels are also almost 1:1 to the originals but there are some new things and places that are overall pretty good!

End game spoilers
The last bosses giant phase shocked me, creepy as hell. Also I nostalgia'd hard when the theme started playing with vocals in the credits.

If you want a platformer that's fun to play, looks great and is rather short (and cheap!), I recommend DuckTales remastered. There's also a hard mode and some even harder difficulty level and tons of concept art to unlock for replay value. But no one bothered to QA the concept art menu:

The game also crashed on me quite a few times (in 3 hours!), but only when quitting the game or entering the concept art menu. I give it a solid 8.5/10, and 9.5/10 if you are a old DuckTales fan.

JaseC

Daily Mafia II 75% off

Oh man, after Dogg said "Roll on the Daily" I was going to say that I hope Mafia 2 shows up again so I can buy the DLC for the JP app, but I decided against it. I could've been two for two!

I do. I embrace annoying notification pop ups.

Speaking of annoying -- I think DmC puts achievement popups in a different place than steam notifications for friends -- so I'd be looking in the bottom right where the Steam popups (and the milestone info for each achievement) were and didn't realize that the achievement popups were in the top left.

Do a lot of games do this? Seems strange to me.

I highly recommend Sang Froid
Behind the stylized look is a tense game that mixes tower defense elements, strategic combat, and the scariest wolves since The Grey

Each chapter is another night, as you defend your isolated home from the packs of demonic wolves and werewolves. You alone, in the dark, cold wilderness with only your rifle and axe and various traps to protect you

Each night consists of two phases. The planning phase is a top down map in which you can see what enemies are coming each wave, their path, and their stregths and weaknesses, and set traps accordingly. The action phase is where the fun begins

You must balance your stamina and watch the fear level of the wolves surrounding you. Your rifle fires one shot at a time, takes like 20 second to reload, and you're stationary while aiming. Traps must be triggered at the right time and enemies must be lured into range. All these factors combined make each night a very intense, very difficult challenge
It is heart pounding to be reloading your rifle as the pack circles around you, eyes glinting in the torch light, as one prepares to attack and you don't know if you have enough time to get the shot ready...

Eurogamer said it best
uy Sang-Froid and you're paying for something rather peculiar, then: you're paying for a carefully-rigged fantasy of near-powerlessness, where your mind must win out over your failing body, over the harsh environment, and over odds that are lopsided in your enemy's favour. This is a strategy title that's open-ended enough to encourage creativity and rigorous enough to punish you when creativity fails.

The voice acting is horrendous (so bad it's good) and the starting load time is so long I though the game was frozen, but get past that and Sang Froid is one of the most intense games I've played

Rhaknar

oh Dementium II 75% weekly, time to get it methinks (with card moneyz of course)

JaseC

-50% coupons for Fall Weiss were sent out to owners of Strategic War in Europe a short while ago. Restart Steam to receive it. It stacks, so coupled with the pre-existing 20% discount you're looking at 60% off.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Is the Jagged Alliance Collector Bundle worth it? Crossfire seems good but Back in Action must be poop according to the user reviews

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom