• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
My computer screen has gone crazy. The colors are all over the place and distorted. My graphic card died?
Take a screenshot. If it comes through it's your GPU, if not it's your monitor.

Have the mystery cards started forming, because in the last two sales the cards were a good indication of when the sales would start. They would start dropping a week before the sales started and were then revealed once the sales began.

If they have not started dropping, I doubt the sale is starting now.
Check your badge page. Mystery cards have been here for a few days now.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Have the mystery cards started forming, because in the last two sales the cards were a good indication of when the sales would start. They would start dropping a week before the sales started and were then revealed once the sales began.

They replaced coupons on the 10th. 10th + 9 days = 19th, a date which Paysafecard later corroborated and which today's "Weekly" Deals have confirmed entirely.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

Started about a week ago, and it's been leaked the sale happens June 19th to June 30th. Also a good indicator it happens this week if we didn't already know is that the Monday Week-Long deals are very sparse, and TF2 is getting a big update tomorrow.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak

ibcoxJiVQh32Fn.png

EDIT: Shows up fine on my phone. :(
How am I supposed to fix this?

Started about a week ago, and it's been leaked the sale happens June 19th to June 30th. Also a good indicator it happens this week if we didn't already know is that the Monday Week-Long deals are very sparse, and TF2 is getting a big update tomorrow.

They replaced coupons on the 10th. 10th + 9 days = 19th, a date which Paysafecard later corroborated and which today's "Weekly" Deals have confirmed entirely.

Yup just saw on the market, should have done that before posting. Thank you though.

Sarcasm

Found this in my amazon account that I haven't checked over for a year or so, it redeems on steam.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sarcasm, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Toy Soliders -- MB-2286D94539DCEEF1 - Taken by KenOD. 1 entrants total.

t1402987919z1.png

Salsa

I dont wanna alarm you but that could be some card dying business for sure

altho that image above with the tabs all over the place is just weird

try taking it out and cleaning a bit

Myshkin

Thanks to bundles and giveaways here, I now have all 4 episodes of Cognition.
Steam indicates that I indeed have all 4 episodes, and all are marked to install.
When I install, it only downloads the files for the first 3 episodes, even though it claims all are installed. Anyone seen this?

Corpekata

Banned
Not sure if Ubisoft or Rebellion is to blame, but I've been experiencing an infuriating glitch in the Sniper Elite games.

Basically, the mouse does not work. And this is a massive issue it seems, but only recent. Nobody could figure out the cause. Apparently playing Watch Dogs somehow makes the mouse not work right in Sniper Elite V2. Rebooted, Sniper works. Played Watch Dogs, then Sniper, doesn't work again. Kind of baffling.

Apparently it happens in all of the recent Sniper games but I haven't tested on them. Not sure if it's everyone or just some people as well.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Thanks to bundles and giveaways here, I now have all 4 episodes of Cognition.
Steam indicates that I indeed have all 4 episodes, and all are marked to install.
When I install, it only downloads the files for the first 3 episodes, even though it claims all are installed. Anyone seen this?

Indie royale has a fucked up key that they replaced for ep 3 or 4

Basically if you redeems it when the bundl can out, go to the page again and ask for the my again, it gives a different key

JaseC

What? Humble Bundle was hacked?

The OP of the thread says he was hacked but I imagine the problem would be more widespread if there were an actual security breach. He was probably the victim of phishing, had a simple password, or used the same password on Humble as another site that was hacked.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
the fuck is this:

uiaUSmz.png

irresponsible artefact leaks.

Honestly though, looks like you have video ram failure going on and it's time for a new card.

Found this in my amazon account that I haven't checked over for a year or so, it redeems on steam.

Toy Soliders -- MB-2286D94539DCEEF1 - Taken by KenOD. 1 entrants total.

Many thanks for this, loved the game on Xbox 360 but since I long since lost that system in a terrible daughter + fruit juice accident I haven't had a chance to play it since and now you've fixed that. I didn't even know there was a PC version.

I'm also a bit surprised no one else wanted it.

JaseC

Many thanks for this, loved the game on Xbox 360 but since I long since lost that system in a terrible daughter + fruit juice accident I haven't had a chance to play it since and now you've fixed that. I didn't even know there was a PC version.

I'm also a bit surprised no one else wanted it.

Toy Soldiers is in the process of being superseded by Toy Soldiers Complete. The former will likely be taken down following the latter moving out of Early Access.

JaseC

Other people said they got an email about it too.

I haven't received one -- the most recent Humble e-mail I have is a browser verification code from a week ago. Maybe it was just sent to accounts that had recent "suspicious activity".

Enco

I haven't received one -- the most recent Humble e-mail I have is a browser verification code from a week ago. Maybe it was just sent to accounts that had recent "suspicious activity".
Yea I haven't got anything either.

Will keep an eye on it though.

~~Hasan~~

I have 2 questions i would like to ask.

Just cause 2. Worth 3 $? I saw the trailer and it didnt look good graphics wise and not sure about the game play

Also. The humble bundle has serious sam 3 for 6? Is the game any good ?

Thanks

Enco

Just Cause 2 looks amazing. It's still one of the most beautiful games I have ever played.

Just Cause 2 is so worth it even at $10. Graphics are still amazing. They employed a lot of tricks there so it can even run on a toaster.

Mind you, don't play it for story unless you like B-movie tier plots. Gameplay is what it is great for.
I bought it on release for full price and it was so worth it. Got 50+ hours logged and it's still amazingly fun.

Milamber

Just cause 2. Worth 3 $? I saw the trailer and it didnt look good graphics wise and not sure about the game play

Thanks

Just Cause 2 is so worth it even at $10. Graphics are still amazing. They employed a lot of tricks there so it can even run on a toaster.

Mind you, don't play it for story unless you like B-movie tier plots. Gameplay is what it is great for.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Ah the existence of Toy Soldiers Complete does explain it. Perhaps also the fact Toy Soldiers standard/GFWL edition doesn't seem to work on 64-bit systems like mine at all, just a black screen.

Guess I shouldn't have taken it either. Sorry about that.

Thanks

Aye, very much so for Just Cause 2. In most open world games the issue of travel is a problem, not so here where parachuting around and grappling is just so sublime and a proper sandbox mode unto itself with however you see fit for exploration or self made racing or just mucking about in good fun.

Even without the parachute and just standard vehicles you can do a lot. Look up on Youtube the Just Cause 2 stunts of just a few examples.

The combat is rather basic, par even as third person shooters go, just doing things competently though never grand. That's where experimentation and having fun comes in as you can drive vehicles into people or objects to destroy them, summon multiple weapons to cause havok, or make use of the grappling hook to connect enemies or objects or a combination of the two together.

The multiplayer mod, which is free, and the currently being worked on area creator server to create your own playground in especially makes it worth it. More so if you get friends to play with to set up, again in sandbox terms, a spot of fun. I highly recommend getting together a group of five or more people and playing helicopter tag with or a melee fight between you and a friend ontop of a transport aircraft yet another friend is flying around the islands high above the sky. Balloon jousting isn't too bad either, but do what you want, it's all up to your imagination and amount of friends or random strangers.

As for Serious Sam 3, it's more Serious Sam and worth getting if you already liked past games and just want more. Some feel it was a step down, many feel it wasn't much of a step forward, but it's still good for what it is for a FPS where you are free to just unleash as many bullets as you want with little care to finesse for the most part. I would say get Serious Sam 1 or 2 (or their HD editions) if you haven't played any of the series yet instead though as they are more fun I believe.

JaseC

Just Cause 2 is a lot of fun, especially with mods. Even if you don't finish the (rather short) campaign, you'll definitely get your money's worth.

Thanks

I'm something of a fan of Serious Sam in general, but 3 greatly overstays its welcome and the penultimate level is just all the nonsense turned up to 11 for the sake of being turned up to 11, consequently making it a huge chore. Only grab the game if you have nothing better to spend the money on.

Not sure if Ubisoft or Rebellion is to blame, but I've been experiencing an infuriating glitch in the Sniper Elite games.

Basically, the mouse does not work. And this is a massive issue it seems, but only recent. Nobody could figure out the cause. Apparently playing Watch Dogs somehow makes the mouse not work right in Sniper Elite V2. Rebooted, Sniper works. Played Watch Dogs, then Sniper, doesn't work again. Kind of baffling.

Apparently it happens in all of the recent Sniper games but I haven't tested on them. Not sure if it's everyone or just some people as well.

Had a similar issue but with Payday 2. Looked it up and people figured out it was after playing WD that the issue started. Fucking weird.

JaseC

Alientrap posted an update on Apotheon back during E3:

A Facebook post earlier in the year mentioned that "early pre-orders" would receive beta access, but there's been no word on that since. I might fire off an e-mail and ask if it's still on the cards. Speaking of pre-orders, you can still pre-order the game via the official website for $10, which represents a saving of 33%, and you also receive a copy of Capsized (DRM-free and a Steam key for good measure).

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Looks like your GPU is dying. I remember the 8800GT had a lot of these errors after like 2 years.
When I take a shot from the PC it shows fine. Has to do with the display perhaps. Im freaking out cause it only has been 1 year of usage and I have no money to pay for fixes. At best try to use my brother's tv when he aint around but this is frustrating. Not fair at all.

~~Hasan~~

Yes, totally worth it, game is super fun.

Just Cause 2 is worth every dollar!

Many on GAF consider it one of the best sandbox games, myself included.

Also there's the free multiplayer mod.

I've had a lot of fun mucking about with friends.

Hell. Yes.

Just Cause 2 is a lot of fun, especially with mods. Even if you don't finish the (rather short) campaign, you'll definitely get your money's worth.

I'm something of a fan of Serious Sam in general, but 3 greatly overstays its welcome and the penultimate level is just all the nonsense turned up to 11 for the sake of being turned up to 11, consequently making it a huge chore. Only grab the game if you have nothing better to spend the money on.

alright. I am going to buy it now.

thank you all.

I guess no one replied about serious sam 3. I guess its not worth 6$ then. weird I thought people might quote me about it more than just cause 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom