• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 2 questions i would like to ask.

Just cause 2. Worth 3 $? I saw the trailer and it didnt look good graphics wise and not sure about the game play

I would recommend to you to try out the demo before purchasing the full game, since I gather it is quite unoptimised; my laptop - that is not a powerhouse but it is not too bad either, since I play a lot of stuff on it - could not run decently the demo - to be fair I haven't tried to fiddle with options, so maybe these issues could be fixed., yet a friend told me that even his much more powerful gaming PC could hardly run it.

Garcia

Aye, very much so for Just Cause 2. In most open world games the issue of travel is a problem, not so here where parachuting around and grappling is just so sublime and a proper sandbox mode unto itself with however you see fit for exploration or self made racing or just mucking about in good fun.

I have to say that your brief review of Just Cause 2 made me go check it out on Steam, but this is the GIF that made me add the game to the cart.

0E7AD95BF0E63EAF626461470C9B8DDD2B305D3A

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
none of the games I do for the playfire thing show up so.... I guess this shit is busted for me. some of them it been like 3 days now (if only the launch them the first time thing)

only thing I got was 50 cents from linking my steam account

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
none of the games I do for the playfire thing show up so.... I guess this shit is busted for me. some of them it been like 3 days now (if only the launch them the first time thing)

When I pre-ordered Murdered: Soul Suspect I thought all my credit had been accounted for and transferred over, but when I signed into PlayFire the next day I had another buck or so waiting for me even though I'd been waited 2-3 days so as to ensure nothing was pending. That was a little annoying.

Myshkin

Other than that 50 cents, all my weekly reports from playfire say that nothing has happened. Even so, my GMG credit does occasionally increase, so something must be happening.

Also, thanks for the info on Cognition.

Enco

I would recommend to you to try out the demo before purchasing the full game, since I gather it is quite unoptimised; my laptop - that is not a powerhouse but it is not too bad either, since I play a lot of stuff on it - could not run decently the demo - to be fair I haven't tried to fiddle with options, so maybe these issues could be fixed., yet a friend told me that even his much more powerful gaming PC could hardly run it.

Ultra settings are very demanding.

Lower settings look amazing and work really well.

When I pre-ordered Murdered: Soul Suspect I thought all my credit had been accounted for and transferred over, but when I signed into PlayFire the next day I had another buck or so waiting for me. That was a little annoying.

I have accumulated a lot of cash, around 2.6€ , but only received them yesterday, after the sale is dead.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Other than that 50 cents, all my weekly reports from playfire say that nothing has happened. Even so, my GMG credit does occasionally increase, so something must be happening.

Also, thanks for the info on Cognition.

did it work? cause it worked for me few days ago

steam said i owned all 4 but in game I didnt. then the new key actually redownloaded something, i assume the episode missing

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
oh and Dear Esther is garbage. There, ive said it!

+The graphics
+The music

-The voice acting
-The writing
-The gameplay
-The walking speed

Worth your money? Nope.
Even on sale? Nope.
Check out the free mod? Nope.
Play MINERVA Metastasis instead? Yup.

Rhaknar

+The graphics
+The music

-The voice acting
-The writing
-The gameplay
-The walking speed

Worth your money? Nope.
Even on sale? Nope.

maybe the game is super deep man, and it went over my head man...

...but did you
turn into a fucking bird
at the end?

I still want to play Gone Home tho

Yakkue

Tracking seems a bit slow right now.

Tracking was quite tough during the GMG Sale, we're down to tracking your account every 25 hours currently, for those that want to know. Obviously we're working harder to get that down.

mrgone

+The graphics
+The music

-The voice acting
-The writing
-The gameplay
-The walking speed

Worth your money? Nope.
Even on sale? Nope.

I can agree with this - It's pretty and atmospheric, and I can totally get behind a story that is told as a moderately interactive first-person "narrative" like that, but Dear Esther is mostly an uncomfortable combination of cryptic, random, slow, and depressing. I'm not sure I feel like it was a total waste of time and money, but it's not a game I'll ever revisit. Ever.

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
If it is just 1 year old, couldnt you just connect it to a TV to make sure it might just be display and not the GPU?
But from the photos it really looks the same as when my GPU died.

I can on the morning as the TV in my room is SD >.>

Any program I could use to diagnose my GPU, Display etc?

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
I'm 34 but I still have smooth silky skin like a baby

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
We should make a separate steam group. It's not fear we compete with all these hyper-active horny (post-)teenagers on the leaderboards

Arthea

Gone Home is horrible, the worst game steamgaf ever recommended (in my memory), while Dear Esther is OK, it can't be really called a game, but at least it's not as boring as Gone Home is and I like experience more or less, also it's beautiful and mysterious at times, what helps.

Vuze

I wonder what the average age on GAF is.

Yeah, Gone Home seems to be an either love or hate thing. Have yet to try it.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Well, the caves section was actually pretty stunning.
Worth on bundle, I'd say.
Oh, I agree that the caves are beautiful. I thought the artists did a phenomenal job demonstrating that the Source engine could still produce gorgeous-looking work.

I just don't feel the rest of the game succeeded like the art and music did.

I can agree with this - It's pretty and atmospheric, and I can totally get behind a story that is told as a moderately interactive first-person "narrative" like that, but Dear Esther is mostly an uncomfortable combination of cryptic, random, slow, and depressing. I'm not sure I feel like it was a total waste of time and money, but it's not a game I'll ever revisit. Ever.
If you like first person games with narrators, I would recommend The Stanley Parable, which has such amazing narration that Gabe had to listen to it even when he was playing Dota 2.

Arthea

The Stanley Parable is good, yes, also funny and wicked. Probably my favourite game of this type.

edited: Jasec recommends a game to actually play?! and it's not AssCreed?
Now I've seen everything!

I haven't played Minerva too

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's on my short list for the impending sale :)

I'd totally forgotten about MINERVA too! Never did play that through, and it looks pretty fantastic.

It only lasts a few hours but it's rather well-done. A great way to kill an afternoon.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
The Stanley Parable is good, yes, also funny and wicked. Probably my favourite game of this type.

edited: Jasec recommends a game to actually play?! and it's not AssCreed?
Now I've seen everything!

I haven't played Minerva too

Played the demo and it didn't do anything for me. The narrative and voice acting are brilliant but there isn't much of a story and everything seems pointless. However, I am willing to give the game a chance if it is cheap enough in the summer sale. All these walking simulators are really hit or miss

Arthea

I wonder, why Nascar 2013 base price on gamersgate is 37€, while it's 14.39€ on Amazon. I would pick it at that -80% discount, but from that base price, it's still 7.4€... decisions, decisions.

Played the demo and it didn't do anything for me. The narrative and voice acting are brilliant but there isn't much of a story and everything seems pointless. However, I am willing to give the game a chance if it is cheap enough in the summer sale. All these walking simulators are really hit or miss

It is pretty pointless game, it's more of walking hilarity than anything, if you didn't like the demo, it's safe to skip it. That they really are, I mean hit and miss.

31 here! Mid-life gaffers! Let's unite!

30 here, thirty year old gamers sally forth!!
Let me tell you about the time video games only had TWO buttons.......

edit: In my dreams........ I'm still 20 years old playing Unreal 2k4 having the time of my life, with my Patrick Schwayze avatar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom