• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zafir

I tried using a VPN to buy stuff with US prices from them but I couldn't. Pretty sure that your account is locked to the region that you first register in. So I am pretty sure you won't be able to get it unless you create a new account using a country's IP that has the game available
I think that's the case, when I was out of the country the other week it still put the prices back in pounds when I logged in my gmg account. Was euros when I wasn't logged in.

New Bundlestars bundle
The Beautiful Game

• New Star Soccer 5
  • Lords of Football
  • Lords of Football: Eastern Europe DLC
  • Lords of Football: Super Training DLC
  • Lords of Football: United States DLC
  • FootLOL: Epic Fail League
  • Actua Soccer 3
  • Canyon Capers
  • Canyon Capers: Rio Fever DLC

Nice one, have some good memories of Actua Soccer 3 back in the day with friends. Will grab it for some drunken night.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Stuff:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 34 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Time, Gentlemen Please! Plus Ben There, Dan That -- MB-FD381AD47CFEABB0 - Taken by Crentist the Dentist
The Journey Down: Chapter 1 -- MB-87D0F2C51E1F39BB - Taken by Mavromatis
Street Racing Syndicate -- MB-413F5C4D091E7E73 - Taken by jediyoshi
Hero of the Kingdom -- MB-0C58E3CEFE6D64C7 - Taken by MMBosstones86
Incoming Forces -- MB-60488757D9DEFE38 - Taken by Garcia
Trauma -- MB-012F49B98FAC367D - Taken by FauX
Alter Ego -- MB-3A4E3E0D32CB8A54 - Taken by Berto
Overcast: Walden and the Werewolf -- MB-9067AE6AB1FBAFD4 - Taken by Abomination
1953: KGB Unleashed -- MB-3BA4F78771908DBB - Taken by Cydonian__Knight
New Star Soccer 5 -- MB-05C2382C3976FC50 - Taken by oipic
Marine Sharpshooter 2: Jungle Warfare -- MB-E06460F5AAC62E6E - Taken by Benedict
Redneck Racers -- MB-6AF85E1461BEECBF - Taken by Casimir
The Tiny Bang Story -- MB-32E91596B486EDD6 - Taken by redlacs
Inescapable -- MB-B3FB29B761A68697 - Taken by Ben652
Faerie Solitaire -- MB-0A4D507B56DCDF22 - Taken by nature boy
Glacier 3: The Meltdown -- MB-6A8A227C4BC1596A - Taken by bobnowhere
Cargo! The Quest for Gravity -- MB-A2A4CA482A449A0B - Taken by Nabs
Lords of Football Plus DLC -- MB-1D48F308E69AA4CE - Taken by kudoboi
Toki Tori -- MB-C651E8CA21E09496 - Taken by PossumMeat
Speedball 2 HD -- MB-B80A094F43BAF7D6 - Taken by derExperte
Science Girls -- MB-291028A3FD65DDC2 - Taken by _hekk05
Cognition: Episode 2 -- MB-1566AA0FA922B441 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Sweezy Gunner -- MB-4AD63D7C8FB87069 - Taken by fuzzy123
Hyper Fighters -- MB-44C09139CE1E27F6 - Taken by NingenJanai
Rogue's Tale -- MB-1D1AC894534903D8 - Taken by Tesseract
The Witch's Yarn -- MB-43CD68A5D32BD23F - Taken by Rhaknar
CT Special Forces: Fire for Effect -- MB-D28D08DA10824C84 - Taken by drakaenae
The Void -- MB-32053BFBBBA8A1C7 - Taken by KainXVIII
Jack Orlando: Director's Cut -- MB-60D974E18DC47A63 - Taken by PunishedSnake
FootLOL: Epic Fail League -- MB-3CB64D0562AA51E2 - Taken by Copons
Volt -- MB-076CAC6556DF38C1 - Taken by Atraveller
Eurofighter Typhoon -- MB-7AA38C467D00337B - Taken by Madridista
Hoard Complete Pack -- MB-DE0319DB84F32B6A - Taken by koma
Mata Hari -- MB-BB6C8C1871D33035 - Taken by Knurek

New Bundlestars bundle
The Beautiful Game

• New Star Soccer 5
  • Lords of Football
  • Actua Soccer 3
  • Canyon Capers

Perfect! Glad I waited on LoF.

Anyone listen to the latest Major Nelson podcast?

Alex Hutchinson (FarCry 4) is on it and he mentions that the graphical experience will be the same over all platforms.

Soooo.... pitchforks?

I'll just turn on the 'no one cares about PC' flag

New Bundlestars bundle
The Beautiful Game

• New Star Soccer 5
  • Lords of Football
  • Actua Soccer 3
  • Canyon Capers

I can't stand soccer, but will be picking this up just for Lords of Football. Awesome.

Anteater

Science Girls -- MB-291028A3FD65DDC2 - Taken by _hekk05

win-cartoon-dude-kickcgk4s.gif

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
too many Saiorse avatars. soon enough the only way to recognize JaseC by avatar is when hes the only one NOT using one >_>

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
What exactly is Lords of Football? Some kind of combination between the Sims and Football manager?

_hekk05

Banned

Surf gaf with the auto thread refresh plugin! You won't regret it! On phone so no gloating gifs. Gotta remember to edit one in later
avofgz.gif

Thanks jasec for science girls. I hope australia finally gets its fibre shit together.

Milamber, are you getting excited at the possibility of a Neptunia rebirth steam release? Its been rated by ESRB.

Am excite

The_Monk

My little 8 year old nephew just told me that he miss watching me play "that game with a pig".

He then asked me if there isn't a second one and when I told him "Not yet" he asked me "Why?". He was talking about Beyond Good & Evil. Good taste confirmed. I'm being a good teacher. :')

Milamber

My little 8 year old nephew just told me that he miss watching me play "that game with a pig".

He then asked me if there isn't a second one and when I told him "Not yet" he asked me "Why?". He was talking about Beyond Good & Evil. Good taste confirmed. I'm being a good teacher. :')

Show him Amnesia 2.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
jesus christ at that list Nabs...I saw it before, but I thought only the green ones were active lol. thats a lot of downloading to do
for just 10cents for "play for the first time" on each game that will probably not even sync correctly

edit: wait so all of these that say 12 hours left, if playfire doesnt sync before those 12 hours, I wont get any of that right?

Tizoc

wonderful-101-thumbs-up.png

kudoboi

checking PES on steamdb, it doesn't seem to have the region restriction unlike other konami games for asia

$15 is still too much for me though since i am not a huge soccer fan

Sub Zero

jesus christ at that list Nabs...I saw it before, but I thought only the green ones were active lol. thats a lot of downloading to do
for just 10cents for "play for the first time" on each game that will probably not even sync correctly

edit: wait so all of these that say 12 hours left, if playfire doesnt sync before those 12 hours, I wont get any of that right?

Don't bother with the ones that have less than a day left. Playfire will probably not track them

Yeah, it launched a couple of days ago. That Foru pack looks like a crazy deal, but I'm not so sure about the game right now.

The game seems like it's going to live or die on its playerbase, for sure.

It looks really interesting, to me, but I have this habit of falling in love with games doomed to small communities: Monday Night Combat (and Super), Phantom Dust, etc.

Tends to end in heartbreak. I might get it anyway.

Arthea

That's another really good bundle from stars, also I like the little joke.
Can we say that it's some law of nature, the worse HB gets, the better other bundle sites become? Everything is connected?

Rhaknar

just got a 20% voucher for gamersgate... could have used this last weekend >_>

oipic

so all of these that say 12 hours left, if playfire doesnt sync before those 12 hours, I wont get any of that right?

I know the Playfire/GMG folks are still ironing the kinks out of their system, but I've found that any achievements unlocked inside the final ~24 hours of any given reward period are unlikely to be picked up. Very rarely does any activity in the final hours tend to sync correctly, it seems.

Edit: yep, like Sub said much more promptly. :)

Rhaknar

Don't bother with the ones that have less than a day left. Playfire will probably not track them

its also saying that I only own like 5 of them (the green ones), why is it lying to me?

I never got one! (at least I don't remember getting). What you did? bought all what store has to offer?

well... were you not around last saturday? >_>

Sub Zero

its also saying that I only own like 5 of them (the green ones), why is it lying to me?

well... were you not around last saturday? >_>

Well, there are two possibilities

1) some games are bugged and don't show up in the app. Happened to me with Skyrim and a bunch of other titles that I can't remember

2) You have a private profile and the app can't pick up which games you own so it's only listing F2P games. If that's the case make your profile public

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I hope australia finally gets its fibre shit together.

The rollout finally hit my area a month or two back, so I'm happy. ;) There are still several months to go before I can finally ditch ADSL, but better late than never.

Rhaknar

boo you cant activate DLC keys without owning the original game?

I did not know that

I know the Playfire/GMG folks are still ironing the kinks out of their system, but I've found that any achievements unlocked inside the final ~24 hours of any given reward period are unlikely to be picked up. Very rarely does any activity in the final hours tend to sync correctly, it seems.

Edit: yep, like Sub said much more promptly. :)

I think I've even had games outside the 24-hour period that still didn't register properly. Is it worth trying to bug Playfire support? I finally got the Heileen achievements working (on a second computer, which is ridiculous) only to find they didn't make it to my account in time because reasons.

Rhaknar

ill pretend none of those exist and just start doing fresh new ones from now on, see if that works

edit: Black Mirror 1 is now on steam, relevant because 2 and 3 were already lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom