• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

The_Monk

Newcomer here. New to PC gaming and Steam, and the impending Summer sale will be my first sale :D

Welcome to STEAM-GAF. :)

The first time during these sales are always the best since there's a lot of great titles for great prices. Hope you find something that will fit your taste. I'm sure you will. If there's anything we can do to help during these times feel free to let us know, there's plenty of helpful people in here to help!

Arthea

first time always hurts
your wallet

oh no, not only that, so much more than that!
buying habits, backlog, sanity, sleeping schedule, etc.

setting my profile to public fixed the steamlessness list thing

this is the part you tell me "lol noob thats why you werent getting playfire rewards"

lol noob thats why you werent getting playfire rewards
you asked for it!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
setting my profile to public fixed the steamlessness list thing

this is the part you tell me "lol noob thats why you werent getting playfire rewards"

Grief.exe

My little 8 year old nephew just told me that he miss watching me play "that game with a pig".

He then asked me if there isn't a second one and when I told him "Not yet" he asked me "Why?". He was talking about Beyond Good & Evil. Good taste confirmed. I'm being a good teacher. :')

How is the PC port of BG&E?

Newcomer here. New to PC gaming and Steam, and the impending Summer sale will be my first sale :D

Your best sales will always be the first two. As you collect your favorite games on a platform with infinite BC and allows you to scale with future hardware upgrades.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ulgzbKC.png
Chester (Desura) -- MB-8FAEC9D444C6B308
FootLOL Epic Fail League -- MB-5A63A3697082DCCB - Taken by NotSelf. 7 entrants total.

t1403011223z1.png

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Good luck.

Some tips:
- Everything is on sale for most of the sale, but some things are featured in daily deals at steeper discounts than the normal sale. If there's something you have your eye on and it's, say, 50% off... you might want to consider waiting to see if it's featured in a daily deal or other deeper sales. A lot of people buy a great game for $15 and then get mad when it's $7.50 two days later. Don't be that person. When the last day comes around, anything that hasn't been a daily deal is fair game.
- Every day when the daily deals switch over it takes a few minutes. So if something is a daily deal with 25% off, resist the urge to spam "what a bad deal lol this sux". It'll be fixed in a few minutes. But do pay attention, because this is the most likely time for pricing mistakes. If a game seems to be, say, 95% off... especially if it's a brand new game that really shouldn't be 95% off. Pricing mistakes generally only last a few minutes, so you want to get in on the ground floor if you can.
- This is your first sale, but it won't be your last sale. If something is 75% off $40, that's a great deal. But if you're not planning on playing it until the next big sale... well in that sale, the base price might be down to $30 and it'll probably be 75% off. In general most retail games keep dropping until their base price is $24.99 or $19.99, so if you're just buying something because of the discount and not because you're playing, there's not really much reason to jump in at $10-15 instead of $5-7.50. If there's something you want to play right now and the sale is good, buy it, but if you're playing the long game focus on the stuff that probably won't be any cheaper next sale.
- If you install Enhanced Steam, you'll be able to check a game's price history. If something is on sale but the price history says it's been lower in the last year or 18 months, chances are it'll be lower again in the future. If you want to buy it, by all means, buy it. But if you're just pumped because it's on sale, well, maybe hold out.
- If you add stuff you're interested in to your wishlist now, it'll be easier to keep track of later.
- Expect the Steam servers to crash at some point during the sale.

Personally I try to spend $50-100. I try to get a few indies that are on for pretty cheap, whatever price errors I can get my hands on, and normally a few retail games that have finally hit rock-bottom prices.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
son of a bitch, voucher works on multiple game orders too... gamersgaaaaaaaaate /raisesfist

Zia

ModBot said:
Instructions for Zia:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Anomaly 2 -- MB-30B40CF6A31F963B - Taken by Atraveller
Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete -- MB-DEFD5DD77DB2536E - Taken by Pakkidis
Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-E566015E9F150409
Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-08431BDB6352F8CC - Taken by dot
Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD -- MB-900750DB25BF3BFF - Taken by PunishedSnake

Arthea

son of a bitch, voucher works on multiple game orders too... gamersgaaaaaaaaate /raisesfist
is it bound to account or everybody can use it? you probably don't know, but maybe it's stated in the e-mail you got it with.

Because Ubisoft. It's going to be my default answer to any PC related problem.

"Why Bad Rats sucks?"
"Because Ubisoft"

"Why Valve is letting so much crap in their Store?"
"Because Ubisoft"

"Why the Steam thread moves so fast?"
"Because Ubisoft"

why, Ubisoft?

Adequate. No controller support and graphics settings are lacking, but it runs well and is certainly playable with a kb&m. I've no idea why the HD remaster skipped the PC.

"Why Bad Rats sucks?"
"Because Ubisoft"

"Because Ubisoft"

"Because Ubisoft"

Copons

"Why Bad Rats sucks?"
"Because Ubisoft"

"Because Ubisoft"

"Because Ubisoft"

Considering last 200 pages are basically related to the WD downgrade, I guess it's true. :D

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Speaking of Ponchos, I don't suppose a few of you want to split a four-pack? It should work out to $4.50 per head, but in the event that I'm wrong I'll pay the difference myself.

Edit: Sorted.

Garcia

Won your Incoming Forces key, JaseC, thanks a lot. I used to play the first game back in the 90's when it got bundled with brand new Compaq PCs, haha.

Rhaknar

with all these sale virgins, maybe we will have less of the usual "ONLY 66% ON A 2 MONTH OLD GAME THIS SALE SUCKS #ORIGIN" posts

oipic

Welcome to Steam (and to SteamGAF), Astute. :)

On top of the great advice Stump has posted already, keep in mind that the community here knows Steam (and its sales) inside-out. JaseC is the resident guru - listen to his advice and you can't go wrong.

The Steam sale threads here move very quickly, but if you have any questions or just want to double-check to see if something is a good deal etc, just shout it out in the sale thread - there's always someone on hand to help.

Enjoy the sale. :)

Hi all. This will be my first summer sale. I can't wait to lose sleep lol.

Edit: and also to you, SeZMehK. :)

aku:jiki

This is my first big sale but I'm not really feeling the excitement. I'm getting mystery cards but don't really know why. All I really want is a stupid cheap Rogue Legacy; I think I might want all the FPS roguelites at a low cost too. I'd love to get Paranautical Activity for like 99% off, because I don't want to give them any money but, damn it, it looks pretty good.

It's working out because I've decided to order my new PC parts like today or tomorrow and I'm more excited about that...

It's Steam Summer Sale this week and my most anticipated D-Day Wargame (not a video game but counters on a map with dice rolling) just went up for preorder?! I need more money!
Stop preordering things! Stop it!

It's kinda like the first time for a lot of things. You'll be nervous, you'll make some mistakes, you'll learn a lot. But it will be a glorious rush.

then, for the rest of your life, you'll chase that initial high, and never quite get there.

but you'll remember just how great that first time was.

enjoy it. Enjoy it for the rest of us addicts, enjoy it for the community it spurs every year. But, most importantly, enjoy it for yourself.

go with Gaben.

Rhaknar

I shall conquer my white whale this summer sale, this I sware

DarkEU.jpg

especially because I just bought DLC for it and cant even activate it without the game >_>

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
DarkEU.jpg

I shall conquer my white whale this summer sale, this I sware
especially because I just bought DLC for it and cant even activate it without the game >_>

Are you sure you want this game? Heard it's terrible

Arthea

I think it wasn't posted still

-20% 7,99€
probably a horror adventure game.

edited:
wait... it's not a new game, or my memory tricks me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom