• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
http://steamcommunity.com/id/punishedsnake/wishlist/

This one is my wishlist, I hope they'll do decent discounts.

A lot of this stuff is pre-release or recent release. Rayman Origins normally gets a good discount. Outlast gets good discounts. Rogue Legacy will probably get a good discount. Spelunky probably. Not sure about what else, but a lot of your stuff is too new or not released yet. Still I'm sure you'll find a lot of stuff you didn't even know you wanted :)

Turfster

I shall conquer my white whale this summer sale, this I sware

especially because I just bought DLC for it and cant even activate it without the game >_>
Good god, man, don't do it!
It has Voice-of-Geralt doing Wizard from the Moon level phoning in...
and that's the best thing about it.

pahamrick

I shall conquer my white whale this summer sale, this I sware

DarkEU.jpg

especially because I just bought DLC for it and cant even activate it without the game >_>

Played quite a few hours of the 360 version, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Would probably rate it somewhere in the 7.5ish range. Not flat out terrible, but a good solid tittle well worth $20. Only issue I had was every time the main character spoke I was expecting to see Geralt.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I have another big giveaway planned should I do it now or after the summer sale?

I don't think there's any harm to do either (or even to do it DURING the summer sale), but I definitely wouldn't buy something for the purposes of gifting right now, since whatever you're likely to buy will presumably get some level of discount during the sale.

KainXVIII

leftovers desura keys (nevermind)
ANOTHER PERSPECTIVE -- GVUJJ-Z8RHL-EHAOA-E5JRM-Q49VG
RAILYARD MATCH-3 EVOLVED -- I9YBA-7MHXI-8159X-UH84X-1IWRD
TRACE VECTOR -- 2IXWJ-YMRAO-BDR10-2L8NY-EBKT3
BATTLEPATHS -- 6F5XD-H4SN9-PQRF9-H2Y45-NVHAV
LUMINOSITY -- RDD6Z-W85YK-3TK87-OJZMF-7OWHG
MAGICIANS & LOOTERS -- 64OPZ-GSL7T-Q6FWX-H12KB-PQMUQ
YELAXOT -- I3L1F-TIOHL-NCEAM-VAUOL-4CW4L
THE LOOTCASTLE -- GY7MI-ZSLXW-2RRFO-NP7V7-A1BVY
DREAMING SARAH -- H0G0G-88ICY-2BWQ5-UO4P5-QD4Y7
6180 THE MOON DELUXE -- GYX8B-D5T1Z-FFX3P-SERJB-VS633

Turfster

Played quite a few hours of the 360 version, and I enjoyed it quite a bit. Would probably rate it somewhere in the 7.5ish range. Not flat out terrible, but a good solid tittle well worth $20. Only issue I had was every time the main character spoke I was expecting to see Geralt.

notsureifserious.jpg

The stealth is horrible, the AI is laughable and you fucking teleport up obstacles because fuck climbing animations amirite?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Good god, man, don't do it!
It has Voice-of-Geralt doing Wizard from the Moon level phoning in...
and that's the best thing about it.

LA LA LA cant hear you

I+CAN+T+HEAR+YOU.+I+DEMAND+COLBERT+PICTURES+LA+LA+_dea2a80a9a0089cd1115f36c207d1f41.gif

notsureifserious.jpg

The stealth is horrible, the AI is laughable and you fucking teleport up obstacles because fuck climbing animations amirite?

youre a magic vampire boom

magic anwsers everything!

pahamrick

notsureifserious.jpg

Entirely serious. I'm easy to please, don't care if the story is shit and the voice acting is horrible but if I have fun with the game it was worth it to me.

Arthea

I wanted to ask a question about modbot. When I nuke keys, should I get e-mail from modbot or not? (I mean about it being success or failure)
And if some games are left that all steamgaf already has, or doesn't want, can I just repost it to free to a good home thread, or should I nuke them and make another giveaway?

BibiMaghoo

Anyone know what is wrong with using a DS4 on SC: Blacklist?

The pad works fine but all the mappings are completely fucked, for example aiming is on R3, and firing your weapon on L3. It makes the game pretty hard to play lol.

Works fine on everything else I've used it on, but not this and the game doesn't allow remapping. Any ideas?

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I wanted to ask a question about modbot. When I nuke keys, should I get e-mail from modbot or not? (I mean about it being success or failure)

ModBot doesn't send confirmation of a nuke, no.

And if some games are left that all steamgaf already has, or doesn't want, can I just repost it to free to a good home thread, or should I nuke them and make another giveaway?

Nuking is for claimed keys. If you want to create a new giveaway using unclaimed ones, then do just that. If you do go to another thread with the intention of using ModBot to give away keys, then remember to use the THREAD command so it knows where to look.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

Reasons you need to nuke a key
- When a key is CLAIMED and you want to give it away again because the person who claimed it doesn't want it

Times where you don't need to nuke a key:
- When a key is not claimed but you want to give it away again

You don't receive feedback about key nuking.

If something isn't claimed, you can feel free to list it again with a new modbot giveaway, or wait for it to get given away with a mega trash giveaway like this, or you can give away the key on your own time (don't worry about it being left in ModBot, forever unclaimed).

Desura n00b question. Do any of these games give steam keys when activated in Desura? I'm interested in some games from the list but I'm a steam purist

Some Desura keys in bundles eventually give their Steam equivalent through Desura, but it's been relatively rare. Most people just generate separate Steam keys and give them to the bundle, rather than to Desura. I don't know any real examples off the top of my head. Mostly if you're a Steam purist, none of this will be of any use to you.

The pad works fine but all the mappings are completely fucked, for example aiming is on R3, and firing your weapon on L3. It makes the game pretty hard to play lol.

Works fine on everything else I've used it on, but not this and the game doesn't allow remapping. Any ideas?

x360ce?

Yakkue

I can't decide whether to pre-order Shovel Knight now or wait for the off-chance that it'll be slightly discounted when it releases during the summer sale.. hmm

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I can't decide whether to pre-order Shovel Knight now or wait for the off-chance that it'll be slightly discounted when it releases during the summer sale.. hmm

That's not going to happen. It'd be a giant middle finger to everybody who's pre-ordered.

Arthea

Desura n00b question. Do any of these games give steam keys when activated in Desura? I'm interested in some games from the list but I'm a steam purist

Battlepaths (that I and Jasec tried to give away), gives steam keys, but often it is not so, especially for games from bundles. And Battlepaths gives you steam keys this way only because devs wanted to prevent people that got this game from many bundles it was in, getting many steam keys, afaik.

Pachimari

Is there a mod in here who happens to be online?

I can't see who's online on the list on the frontpage unfortunately and I have a question about a community thread creation.

inm8num2

I think it wasn't posted still

-20% 7,99€
probably a horror adventure game.

edited:
wait... it's not a new game, or my memory tricks me

It's a pretty good adventure game with fantastic atmosphere in a gothic horror setting.

The voice acting is bad at times, and there's too much backtracking, but it's definitely a game worth playing.

fantomena

Considering jumping the gun and buying Planetary Annihilation since it does not seem like I will receive any preview code for the game. 25$ is pretty cheap too in my opinion.

Will still make YouTube videos of it even though I buy it myself. My plan does not change wherever I buy it or receive a code for it.

Edit: Forgot to ask the big question lol. How playable is the game these days? Is the price gonna increase when it releases?

Grief.exe

They do have Kickstarter backers to keep in mind. Discounting it at release would be a slight to those who have supported the game since day one.

With that said, I believe that releasing a game during a sale with a healthy discount is the best way to release a game. Steam sales provide the most visibility than any other period during the year. Metal Gear Rising was able to leverage that quite successfully. Konami is either very smart or dumb luck.

Yeah, I did, and although they are all mapped correctly on the desktop, in game they are not, and have no idea why.

No matter how I map them - even swapping how SC:BL maps them for the correct button - it returns them to its own, incorrect values.

Make sure you're using the x86 version of x360ce. Also, try opening x360ce.ini and add
Code:
[InputHook]
HookLL=0
HookCOM=1
HookSA=0
HookWT=0
HOOKDI=1
HOOKPIDVID=1
HookName=0

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
2 of the best RTS games of all time, scavenged from the corpse of Ensemble Studios (R.I.P). Enjoy! (I'm a nice guy so you can enter for both)

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rise of Nations: Extended Edition -- MB-2A8D496849A15050
Age of Mythology: Extended Edition -- MB-23A9638EF6768076

t1403102272z1.png

Nzyme32

Oddly enough, steam in-home streaming can emulate x-input or whatever it's called, so I find using streaming from one computer to another and a non x-input controller suddenly fixes issues as the controller pretends to play like a 360 pad. Over kill for sure, but that's what I do sometimes

DogMeat77

I've been playing through Dishonored lately and enjoying it. Last night I decided to try playing it with the Oculus Rift using the VorpX driver injector and I have to say... it works pretty well. It also creeps me out and made me uncomfortable. I had goose bumps the entire time... and it was awesome! lol

I'll have to try the driver injectors on more games.

Milamber

I've been playing through Dishonored lately and enjoying it. Last night I decided to try playing it with the Oculus Rift using the VorpX driver injector and I have to say... it works pretty well. It also creeps me out and made me uncomfortable. I had goose bumps the entire time... and it was awesome! lol

Try it on Rapelay Mirror's Edge!

Vuze

Sweet, I'm really looking forward to try injectors with some of my favorite games when I get my DK2. I hope Mirrors Edge works. The hype is real.

Also I hope Dishonored will be on Steam Summer Sale.

Grief.exe

2 of the best RTS games of all time, scavenged from the corpse of Ensemble Studios (R.I.P). Enjoy! (I'm a nice guy so you can enter for both)

Awesome giveaway. I'll let someone else who has a bit more time enter for RoN.

Hats off to Microsoft for these releases though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom