• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fox318

So the Summer Seal is rumored for the 19th, eh? Gonna fill mah wallet!

vDc3am9.jpg

cHinzo

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Canyon Capers Rio Fever DLC -- MB-D6E115BBAEE96AB5 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 1 entrants total.
Actua Soccer 3 -- MB-1BA4399F2BE7103B - Taken by Benedict. 4 entrants total.
Lords of Football United States DLC -- MB-9F9CB25CC21DECFA
FootLOL Epic Fail League -- MB-0BF7E3A89F5217E3 - Taken by Madridista. 3 entrants total.
Lords of Football Super Training DLC -- MB-0AEDF64D98C1AEE1 - Taken by Kaizen. 1 entrants total.
Canyon Capers -- MB-F3E2F615E6B7DC57 - Taken by Knurek. 5 entrants total.
Lords of Football Eastern Europe DLC -- MB-DD499351711F08D1
New Star Soccer 5 -- MB-AA6091A65A974FFC - Taken by SeZMehK. 6 entrants total.

t1403021672z1.png

Enjoy. : D

Aerocrane

Wasn't this game GFWL? Does it still have it?

It most likely still does since Bizarre Creations was shut down. It was published by SEGA though, and they've been working with developers getting GFWL removed from some of their games, so maybe it will be GFWL free eventually?

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
It's just a little weird that these old GFWL games are going back on the store.

2FWL is real.

Vuze

Mirror's Edge is the main reason I bought VorpX. While it does work, and works pretty well but here is the downfall. Whenever games take the head control away from you (in ME case, this is rolling, climbing, vaulting, etc) it makes you feel sick.

I imagine, yeah. Fingers crossed for new ME being good and with native VR support.
A man can dream right?

Nzyme32

Yes and yes.

Bulletstorm has done this as well hasn't it? Could this either be confirmation that GFWL is taking a longer time to shutdown and thus, they can keep it on sale for a bit longer (screwing a few people over when it does shutdown) or is this a sign that GFWL might just be left in some sort of perpetual "working" state? Or could they be transitioning to Steamworks?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It most likely still does since Bizarre Creations was shut down. It was published by SEGA though, and they've been working with developers getting GFWL removed from some of their games, so maybe it will be GFWL free eventually?

Chances are the game's just back because GFWL has been given a stay of execution and Sega wants some more Summer Sale revenue.

Also:
Speaking of [Secret Ponchos], I don't suppose a few of you want to split a four-pack? It should work out to $4.50 per head, but in the event that I'm wrong I'll pay the difference myself.

Need two more people.

Edit: Sorted.

Bulletstorm has done this as well hasn't it? Could this either be confirmation that GFWL is taking a longer time to shutdown and thus, they can keep it on sale for a bit longer (screwing a few people over when it does shutdown) or is this a sign that GFWL might just be left in some sort of perpetual "working" state? Or could they be transitioning to Steamworks?

If GWFL were still scheduled to die on July 1st, Microsoft would have formally announced as much by now, so my theory is that the date was pushed back six months to December 31st. As for Bulletstorm and The Club having GFWL removed, there's nothing to suggest this is the case -- I think their return is simply a result of the shutdown date being pushed back.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

Probably the latter. Seems that most companies were so incompetent at releasing a patch that MS will leave GFWL functional for a while

Vazra

irresponsible vagina leak
Finally plugged the laptop to a tv. It displays fine on tv so the problem is the display of the laptop?

That is rather weird. But as was said, have you tried doing a screencap and viewing it on something else?

Artifacts are generally a bad sign for the gpu.

Ditto. My 2900XT exhibited similar artefacts before kicking the bucket entirely.

Exactly. Looks like a 360 that's about to e74, but not as bad yet.

Anyone listen to the latest Major Nelson podcast?

Alex Hutchinson (FarCry 4) is on it and he mentions that the graphical experience will be the same over all platforms.

Soooo.... pitchforks?

I don't listen to podcasts, but even if I did, I would NOT listen to good old xbot Larry.

We can dream. The Club is *awesome*.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Yeah, sorry about that. Card 3 is bugged because they changed the link on it. My database has both the old one (where it was expensive, because it was newly released) and the current one, with the correct market link and lower price. Since I get this data from an external source, I'm not sure if it will be worth trying to get it fixed before the sale starts and the cards inevitably change names again, sorry.

JaseC

Wait.. since when did they add "Series 1" to cards?

What a wonderful excuse for them to pump out more sets of cards haha

Since the start. ;) To date there has never been a second series of a set, though.

Isn't it 33 usd for 4 copies? Thats a bit over 8 bucks a person

Would be down for 4.50, but I can't paypal. Pay u thru keys or something?

I'd rather PayPal as I have no PayPal Bucks to my name and I'd prefer to not dip into my bank account unnecessarily. The pack is much cheaper in Russia, hence $4.50 rather than ~$8.

Ruruja

Wait.. since when did they add "Series 1" to cards?

What a wonderful excuse for them to pump out more sets of cards haha

Since the start to be honest, no signs of Series 2 appearing. They also mentioned a 'binder' where you could have a nice collection of all the cards you've owned, but that's been lost in Valve Time too.

_hekk05

Banned
I'd rather PayPal as I have no PayPal Bucks to my name and I'd prefer to not dip into my bank account unnecessarily. The pack is much cheaper in Russia, hence $4.50 rather than ~$8.

Will have to wait for a sale then ƈ ͡ (ुŏ̥̥̥̥ ‸ ŏ̥̥̥̥) ु

Also if the game is coming out for the PS4 can't they just patch in native DS4 support along with PS button prompts? Same shit with guacamelee. I can never understand this

JaseC

I just need one more person to join in on a Secret Ponchos four-pack. 450 United States cents.

Edit: Sorted.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
That feel when you kind of want a modbot game, don't win it, then HAVE TO HAVE IT.

Happens all the time to me with Disciples 3: Reincarnation. Want it so bad but I never win it, will end up buying that bundle stars bundle just for it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom