• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexen

I liked Journey of a Roach. Sure it was short and some of the puzzles bordered on non-nonsensical but it was cute and wall crawling mechanic was fresh.
It was easy enough to power through the few stupid puzzles by trying all combinations of items.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Enjoy!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Gunpoint -- MB-4760969E7DF6DD1E - Taken by Kifimbo. 18 entrants total.

t1403026272z1.png

Uzzy

£1.50 for Gunpoint? That's a fantastic deal. Couldn't get a better deal if you had bullfrog trousers and broke into Valve HQ.

Ruruja

A few weeks ago they moved from Paypal's "Enter your information each time you check out" to Paypal's "You have an agreement on file with this company" service.

You can also see this in your account details screen.

EDIT: not sure, but this might be "US Only" as evidenced by the tick mark on the checkout screen where you assert that you are in the US.

You are correct, I remember ticking an 'I live in UK' box prior to checkout.

Tizoc

I haven't had this problem.

Then maybe it's a glitch or I'm doing something wrong. Take the very first section where you can hide in 4 shades to stop them chasing you. I keep teleporting between the 4 but the damn thing WON'T GO AWAY.
I bet if I kept doing it for an hour they'd STILL be chasing and looking for me lol

inm8num2

I'm not sure if this was posted yet, and it may be worthy of a new thread. Anyway, lifehacker has compiled some trends and statistics with respect to discounts on Steam vs. other retailers.

http://lifehacker.com/steam-vs-everyone-else-who-really-has-the-best-gaming-1591920883

Some pretty interesting stuff in there. The nuts and bolts:

• Steam games go on sale first most often, but other stores collectively have it beat.
  • On average, other stores were over two weeks faster to drop prices on a game.
  • Sales tend to be nearly equal across the board. Steam's first sale price on a game is 44%% off on average.
  • Steam is first to the sub-$10 range 35% of the time.
  • On average, games drop below $10 for the first time 11 days sooner outside Steam.
  • Permanent price drops across all stores took an average of 263 days.

Click the link above for pretty graphs and charts. :)

Benedict

Thanks cHinzo for Actua Soccer 3.
Hope they release the Actua Golf series on Steam as well. Actua Golf 2 was a favorite on the PSX.

bigace33

Think I'm gonna hold off on gunpoint. I can easily see it being .99 cents during the sale, maybe even $1.50. Seeing as I'm gonna be using mostly all card sales money, I have to be very thrifty this steam sale. Farming and selling cards has to be the best thing to ever happen to gaming. EVER.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Does that fix the security issue exposed by the Euro Truck dev?

Yes. It essentially makes devs have the same permissions with posting as any other Steam user in their activity feed.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm not sure if this was posted yet, and it may be worthy of a new thread. Anyway, lifehacker has compiled some trends and statistics with respect to discounts on Steam vs. other retailers.

http://lifehacker.com/steam-vs-everyone-else-who-really-has-the-best-gaming-1591920883

Some pretty interesting stuff in there. The nuts and bolts:

Click the link above for pretty graphs and charts. :)

the unduly honest nuts and bolts:
- everyone gets the same sales at the same time, but other retailers deliberately do their store-wide sales a few weeks before Steam to avoid the Steam sale
- everyone gets the same sale prices from the developer/publisher side, but other retailers are willing to give up 15-20% of their 30% margin since they just sell Steam keys and have basically no operating expenses.

Apparently, Valve replaced html tags with bbcode?

Long-term this is a good move.

Short-term, I hope it only impacts new page edits and not retroactively breaks every dev communication. It's not hard to sanitize raw HTML input. Block <script> and <iframe>, block any tag attribute with the word on, and block any tag attribute contents that include the word javascript:

Tiny & Big and Gunpoint on sales. Not sure which to get since the gameplay of both games seem interesting to me. Which one has a higher replayability?

why-not-both.jpeg but I really need to save some pennies.

Turfster

Tiny & Big and Gunpoint on sales. Not sure which to get since the gameplay of both games seem interesting to me. Which one has a higher replayability?

why-not-both.jpeg but I really need to save some pennies.

Gunpoint has branching storylines and steam workshop support.
No brainer.

Vuze

You're right about that.

Totally gave up on it soon after getting in.

Honestly not worth the effort. I would rather wait for a sale, buy the game or just forget about it.

I won BioShock 2 there but that's it haha. Stopped after entering 500 giveaways.

-

Also: AC2 aka Uncanny Valley: The Game (I actually have SweetFX running since the game is lacking IQ wise imo but Steam doesn't capture it as usual).

Think I'm gonna hold off on gunpoint. I can easily see it being .99 cents during the sale, maybe even $1.50. Seeing as I'm gonna be using mostly all card sales money, I have to be very thrifty this steam sale. Farming and selling cards has to be the best thing to ever happen to gaming. EVER.

lolnope.

0% chance.

It's 75% off now. And you think it will be 85-90% off in a few days? Nope.

Yall better be buying the hell out of Strike Vector. Yes people play it, small, but you can always find action. Yes, it feels like a mix between descent on speed and quake. Do it.

MUnited83

For you.

Ain't happening.

The_Monk

If The Club still uses GFWL I'm not noticing the information stating that it requires. Both in ES and the client are not picking that requirement, is it gone or are they hiding it?

Turfster

If The Club still uses GFWL I'm not noticing the information stating that it requires. Both in ES and the client are not picking that requirement, is it gone or are they hiding it?

Someone... I want to say JaseC - hell, it's always JaseC, so I can't go wrong! ;) - said it was still there.

The_Monk

Someone... I want to say JaseC - hell, it's always JaseC, so I can't go wrong! ;) - said it was still there.

But they are hiding the information for the common folks my good old Turfster! They need to be aware of GFWL since there are so many people that are affected (not my case so far) by not even being able to log in, losing their saves and so on.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Seems pretty weird that they would bring it back to the store (with GFWL intact) while removing the 3rd Party DRM notice from the store page, though.

Maybe they're working on patching it out?

I assume they caught fedora with his hat off by adding it so randomly so he couldn't have the time to update the page with necessary details.

Grief.exe

Seems pretty weird that they would bring it back to the store (with GFWL intact) while removing the 3rd Party DRM notice from the store page, though.

Maybe they're working on patching it out?

Steamdb is down for me right now, otherwise I would check if they have any active betas ongoing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom