• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

yuraya

Happens all the time to me with Disciples 3: Reincarnation. Want it so bad but I never win it, will end up buying that bundle stars bundle just for it

Check around for traders. I was going to buy that bundle as well but instead I got reincarnation for 1 tf2 key.

Alien8

A couple keys...

ModBot said:
Instructions for Alien8:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

FootLOL: Epic Fail League -- MB-E32F68327E7B45FC - Taken by nightstorm
New Star Soccer 5 -- MB-8CC0362DC65AC1A9 - Taken by Mavromatis

r3n4ud

Couple extras

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Canyon Capers -- MB-8B25184924ACA046 - Taken by nexen
FootLOL -- MB-EA749BA11A825F84 - Taken by Eanan

Arthea

You can now get extra full gift Groupees Be Mine 13s for 1$ if you bought it for 4$ previously.

that's actually tempting, some of those games make good gifts. Thanks for pointing it out.

edited: how I actually go about that? I haven't used $days until now. I don't see such option in the purchase part.

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, sorry about that. Card 3 is bugged because they changed the link on it. My database has both the old one (where it was expensive, because it was newly released) and the current one, with the correct market link and lower price. Since I get this data from an external source, I'm not sure if it will be worth trying to get it fixed before the sale starts and the cards inevitably change names again, sorry.

No problem, haha. Just freaked out myelf a little when I first saw this. Then I searched for the entry in the community market manually and saw that it's "just" worth ~0.20€ :D

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
So I think it's time to upgrade the GPU. anyone have a recommendation for a 770? I've had good luck with EVGA so far, but other than that I got nothing...

Should be wearing a Los Pollos Hermanos apron.

Wait for the 800 series to come out

Turfster

that's actually tempting, some of those games make good gifts. Thanks for pointing it out.

edited: how I actually go about that? I haven't used $days until now. I don't see such option in the purchase part.

It should happen automatically if you're logged in and you buy it for 1$
The 4$ section is darkened out, but the recipient should get everything.

So, I'm currently blasting through Bioshock 2 for the first time, so I can get some Playfire Rewards... And I'm bored out of my mind.

The levels drag on far too much, and they all are very samey: Go from A to B, kill lots of Splicers, harvest some of then so we can spawn even more Splicers, get to B just to find out that you'll need to go to C first to find a new Plasmid/Weapon, choose wheter to save someone that has been bugging you or not.

I also find the plot lacking, although I don't know if there's a twist like in the first one. Right now, I'm on the fifth level (Siren Alley), and everything since the second chapter feels like trying to come up with excuses to make the game longer. We learn a shit ton of backstory for each level's antagonist, and then some litlle things about Eleanor, Dr. Lamb or the power struggle between Ryan and Lamb. But, does it really matter in the end? You're just visiting places because someone always blocks the path of the train when you reach the station. It feels awfully artificial.

I guess I'll keep playing, but I'm going to stop for a couple of weeks after I finish Dionysus Park (which is the last reward I need). I even played the first level of Minerva's Den to get the 0.50p reward, but I found it similarly awful...

So, does it get better at some point? Also, is Bioshock Infinite much better? I was going to pick it up during the Summer Sale, but now I'm not sure about it... I know Bio 2 wasn't done by Irrational, but I also got bored with the first one back in 2008, so maybe I should give up and accept that I just don't like the Bioshock franchise.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Everybody should buy Gunpoint. Everybody. It's brilliant, go play it right now.

Right. Now.

EDIT: Oh shit they added Steam Workshop support!

Dollar Days!!!!!!

*There will probably be a Alcarys Steam key at some point, if you win it remind me when they come out!

ModBot said:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Fly'n -- MB-C33B2A258F8E5BA0 - Taken by Eternia
Miasmata -- MB-77896FD1AF7265F4 - Taken by Milamber
Nekro -- MB-47CAF4BE9C2ED4D2 - Taken by Sarcasm
The Longest Journey -- MB-C81CE40A212E86B7 - Taken by Madrugador
Spate -- MB-8182C4C2BE2A492A - Taken by Widdly Scuds
Antisquad -- MB-82D502496CE546BC - Taken by SeZMehK
Legend of Dungeon -- MB-1828C097228C25D7 - Taken by Vlad
Journey of a Roach -- MB-8E8E12EB4D82644E - Taken by FiveElementNinja
Mechanic Escape -- MB-FEC7067185B1D928 - Taken by Abomination
Alpha Kimori -- MB-6D79E80C64E2280B - Taken by GaussTek
ulgzbKC.png
Alcarys Complex (desura) -- MB-7F1FDE53590C4BE7

Ruruja

Hmmm, Steam just took my payment straight from PayPal without me entering a password or confirming it - first time it's done that.

I'm using a EVGA 770 4GB with the ACX Cooler, it's really nice (though a bit pricey).

That looks like a real solid card. Trying to keep it under $400, but I'll keep it in mind. Thanks!

Wait for the 800 series to come out

I know I know, but we don't know when that's going to be. I can always try and flip it when the 800s come out. With the 2 games I have preordered coming in Q4-Q1, I don't know if I want to wait.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hmmm, Steam just took my payment straight from PayPal without me entering a password or confirming it - first time it's done that.

A few weeks ago they moved from Paypal's "Enter your information each time you check out" to Paypal's "You have an agreement on file with this company" service.

You can also see this in your account details screen.

EDIT: not sure, but this might be "US Only" as evidenced by the tick mark on the checkout screen where you assert that you are in the US.

First summer sale where i actually have a budget for games :) looking to spend around 50 euros haha.

Steam trading market has been shit to me though :( noticed my steamguard was turned off so i turned it back on.. now need to wait 15 days and because i signed in from my phone on steam i have to wait another 7 days....was just stacking those cards

Tizoc

Played a bit of Murdered. Christ, when those demons see me, I get so panicky.

Panicky? Try actually getting them to stop chasing you. No matter how many 'shades' I hide in THEY NEVER STOP SEARCHING. I'd have to restart a checkpoint then ugh.

A few weeks ago they moved from Paypal's "Enter your information each time you check out" to Paypal's "You have an agreement on file with this company" service.

Is there any way to set it so that Steam doesn't save your PayPal information?

Arthea

The last few weeks weren't so hot either, at least Strike Vector is new. And cheap. And still dead.

I seriously think that by now it became obvious to everyone, that releasing multiplay only game on steam is suicidal (there are some exceptions, but not that many). It should have some singleplay, unless it's MMO, then it's not salvable.

Is there a new Humble Fumble coming out today?

we'll now in 40 minutes or so.

Durante

EDIT: not sure, but this might be "US Only" as evidenced by the tick mark on the checkout screen where you assert that you are in the US.
Nope, also works in Austria. (You just had to tick off that you are in the country your PP account is registered to)

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Is there any way to set it so that Steam doesn't save your PayPal information?

You can definitely delete your Steam/Paypal link by visiting your account page.

But I'm pretty sure you would have to do this after each time you use Paypal for checkout.

Nope, also works in Austria. (You just had to tick off that you are in the country your PP account is registered to)

Good to know, cheers!

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
That Gunpoint deal is tempting me to spend Steam money before the sale :/ It's what, a year old now? What if it's bundled soon? Too many factors :/

Tizoc

Transformers: Rise of Dark Spark discussion thread'll be up in 4ish hours, if anyone wants to discuss the 3DS ver. they're welcome although the main talk will prob. be the shooter version of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom