• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Steamdb is down for me right now, otherwise I would check if they have any active betas ongoing.

Doesn't look like there are.

Sounds like I need to fire off an email to Sega.

The_Monk

Seems pretty weird that they would bring it back to the store (with GFWL intact) while removing the 3rd Party DRM notice from the store page, though.

Maybe they're working on patching it out?

You should test it for us, only 18 GAFfers have this game and you are one of them. ;)

I'm loving contrast, it's just so fabulous

http://a.pomf.se/oolljv.webm

I'm glad you ended up liking the game, guess it paid of to risk for that setting in the 20's (I think it's that time)

Steamdb is down for me right now, otherwise I would check if they have any active betas ongoing.

Let me know if you find something, Grief. Just for curiosity sake.

Arthea

Someone... I want to say JaseC - hell, it's always JaseC, so I can't go wrong! ;) - said it was still there.

It's now available in my region... it can't have GFWL, none of GFWL games were/are.
But! It might be that even my region now is not safe from this disaster.

just checked, Bulletstorm still is not available, for example, due to GFWL.

Yeah, it's good, was the first game I finished on PS4 actually, so I'll always remember it for that.
Although Day 1 it was suuper glitchy, lots of falling through floors and such, I imagine they patched out the majority of glitches by now, so it's probably way better.

Also wow! Judging from that your location you're at the final level, congrats!

Turfster

It's now available in my region... it can't have GFWL, none of GFWL games were/are.
But! It might be that even my region now is not safe from this disaster.

just checked, Bulletstorm still is not available, for example, due to GFWL.

Maybe they patched it out in the mean time.
The last check was like, 3? hours ago, after all, before update hour.

Anteater

I finished on PS4, it was ok but nothing special in my opinion, luckily I got it free from PS+, glad to see you are enjoying it though.

yeah it's 3.75 on gamersgate and I really like the setting, the puzzles are kind of cool, just that there are some collision issues and they're a bit too straight forward.

I'm glad you ended up liking the game, guess it paid of to risk for that setting in the 20's (I think it's that time)

I'm a sucker for pretty games with simple gameplay :D

It's a... rapid iteration puzzle sneak-em-up? Or a puzzle shooter?
This is slightly too broad a brush, but it's basically 2D Dishonored!
Sort of.
Thanks. Just realized there's a demo. All Steam games should have them IMO. In addition to the benefit of being able to try before you buy, it's also handy to see if the game will actually run on your machine in the first place.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Contrast had a lot of problems and wasn't very polished at release, but it's just so damn stylish so none of them really bothered me. Absolutely beautifull game.
And even if it's really simplistic, that section where you have to climb to the top of that building with the elevator felt like it belonged in a Tomb Raider game. Cool stuff.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
After looking through the net-cache, The Club's store page never had a DRM warning for GFWL. So I'm almost 100% sure it's still there.

Also the ShowCDKeyOnLaunch is still set to yes.

Anteater

Yeah, it's good, was the first game I finished on PS4 actually, so I'll always remember it for that.
Although Day 1 it was suuper glitchy, lots of falling through floors and such, I imagine they patched out the majority of glitches by now, so it's probably way better.

yea i heard it's pretty short

they probably did patch it a few times, from what I've played it's still rough around the edges but nothing game breaking

derExperte

Even after the patches there were glitches and serious framerate problems on the PS4, 'free' is the only correct price as I felt the gameplay was one waste of potential after another too. Very disappointing, I won't even bother getting it for Steam.

kudoboi

this g̶i̶f̶ webm alone almost sold me on the game. Do you guys think it is worth $3?

edit: bought. But then there's this. guess i'll have to wait
e7wz8wW.jpg

Tizoc

Aw goddamit, about what are we supposed to talk until thursday?

Take your pick:
*How hyped and terrified we are about the Summer Sale?
*Saoirse Ronan
*PC ports we'd like to see
*Bitching about Ubisoft but still buying their games day 1
*The level of Jase's sanity for always getting Ubisoft games day 1 despite the risk his save files well get deleted the next day after a 10 hour play session
*Gaben's eyes
*Saoirse Ronan

Copons

Take your pick:
*How hyped and terrified we are about the Summer Sale?
*Saoirse Ronan
*PC ports we'd like to see
*Bitching about Ubisoft but still buying their games day 1
*The level of Jase's sanity for always getting Ubisoft games day 1 despite the risk his save files well get deleted the next day after a 10 hour play session
*Gaben's eyes
*Saoirse Ronan

Ok, then:

1) mildly
2) mild
3) Nintendo World Cup
4) not even once
5) not even once his saves were safe
6) hot
7) mild

Done.
Now what? :'(

(unrelated: FFS one keeps AdBlock turned off on GAF and GAF repays with ads with music? gawd)

Marow

Oh! I just saw I had gotten Q.U.B.E: Director's Cut for free. Seems like the developers went back on making owners of the original pay for the new version. Somehow I completely missed this.

Just a heads up!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom