• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
yea i heard it's pretty short

they probably did patch it a few times, from what I've played it's still rough around the edges but nothing game breaking

Even after the patches there were glitches and serious framerate problems on the PS4, 'free' is the only correct price as I felt the gameplay was one waste of potential after another too. Very disappointing, I won't even bother getting it for Steam.

Ah, ouch, that's a shame.
The bugs were constantly breaking the game when I played it, "Alright, so I need to get from here to that ledge, seems simple enoug-and now I've fallen through a house and falling forever."

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Take your pick:
*How hyped and terrified we are about the Summer Sale?
*Saoirse Ronan
*PC ports we'd like to see
*Bitching about Ubisoft but still buying their games day 1
*The level of Jase's sanity for always getting Ubisoft games day 1 despite the risk his save files well get deleted the next day after a 10 hour play session
*Gaben's eyes
*Saoirse Ronan

We can talk about her bit part in this week's episode of Robot Chicken (s07e10)! :p I never thought I'd hear her say "butt virginity".

I submitted six tickets, and still they don't bother to give me an answer :l

When you love somebody, sometimes it's best to pretend that they don't exist. GMG should wear the fact that it has worse ticket response times than Valve as a badge of honour. :p

derExperte

Ah, ouch, that's a shame.
The bugs were constantly breaking the game when I played it, "Alright, so I need to get from here to that ledge, seems simple enoug-and now I've fallen through a house and falling forever."

Yeah and I guess the glitchy shadow mechanic prevented them from building more complex puzzles, they don't nearly do enough with it. Also the story is very 'what?'.

I've heard Anno 1404 is great for that type of game. After Banished I'm looking for something similar.

I'll have my eye on 1404 as well during the sale, always have to support good games and DRM removal.

Oh, I had completely forgotten Banished. It was a good game in general terms, right?

nexen

I never thought I'd hear her say "butt virginity".

image.php

Myshkin

We can talk about her bit part in this week's episode of Robot Chicken (s07e10)! :p I never thought I'd hear her say "butt virginity".
"Oh, no, robot samurai warrior. I'm still a virgin in ... that place."
Haven't seen the episode. Just guessing.

Anteater

Even after the patches there were glitches and serious framerate problems on the PS4, 'free' is the only correct price as I felt the gameplay was one waste of potential after another too. Very disappointing, I won't even bother getting it for Steam.

game runs pretty well on pc (760gtx and i5 3570k), as for price I think it's worth playing if it's cheap imo, even though I don't think it's worth a full price, it's pretty simplistic with a pretty good setting.

Happens all the time to me with Disciples 3: Reincarnation. Want it so bad but I never win it, will end up buying that bundle stars bundle just for it

You bastards are directly responsible for my purchases of Witcher 3, Transistor, Dark Souls 2 Season pass, and maybe more.

Intel HD and gtx 780m. Connected via HDMI.

Have you tried using both as the "active" card? Both are fine?
When you talk about the monitor, do you mean you have an external one you connect to or are you referring to the laptop display? If it's the former, try hooking something else to it the same way you connect your laptop (PS3, DVD, blu ray, whatever). If it's the laptop display, it may be something internally fubar with the connections between the video cards and the lcd panel.

When you love somebody, sometimes it's best to pretend that they don't exist. GMG should wear the fact that it has worse ticket response times than Valve as a badge of honour. :p

At least they're more helpful than Valve when they DO respond. :)
Also, I know what your new text alert tone on your cellphone is...

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'm out of the loop. Have we confirmed that the sale starts in 2 days?

Well, Valve doesn't announce things in advance, so if the question is whether or not there has been, like, a celestial prophecy revealed to all of humanity, the answer is no.

If the question is whether we have evidence that it is starting on the 19th? Yes, we do. Humble doesn't have any bundle this week, the weekly sales end early on the 19th, and a retailer or payment processor has previously revealed the dates to be the 19th. Also devs needed to lock in their discounts by last week.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
"Oh, no, robot samurai warrior. I'm still a virgin in ... that place."
Haven't seen the episode. Just guessing.

Haha, not quite. She voices a Bratz doll in a spoof of I Know What You Did Last Summer.

At least they're more helpful than Valve when they DO respond. :)
Also, I know what your new text alert tone on your cellphone is...

Haha, my phone is on silent 99% of the time. I'm boring like that. ;)

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

And just to recap:

- Mysterious Cards replaced coupons as a crafting rewards on the 10th and prior to the Winter Sale last year this happened 9 days prior to the sale, which placed the Summer Sale start date on the 19th
- Paysafecard, a payment provider affiliated with Steam, ran an ad mentioning the very same date, and
- This week's "Weekly" Deals end on the 19th

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae is actually a nice game.

Not only I'm having fun with it, it reminds me that I need to play more Onechanbara.

Tizoc

How is Killer is Dead anyway? Port is okay?

You just need to do a simple fix to get it to run at 60 FPS and at just about ANY resolution you want. You'll find various 4K images in the PC image thread.
Heck there's a way to remove the HUDs for the most part too like health bar, etc.

The fix is in the first post of the Killer is Dead OT.
It's a fun and simple action game, def. grab it should it go on sale.

FloatOn

If it is steam sale time I'm not even sure what game I'm thirsty for.

That doesn't stop me from being hype about the gifs though.

You just need to do a simple fix to get it to run at 60 FPS and at just about ANY resolution you want. You'll find various 4K images in the PC image thread.
Heck there's a way to remove the HUDs for the most part too like health bar, etc.

The fix is in the first post of the Killer is Dead OT.
It's a fun and simple action game, def. grab it should it go on sale.

Thanks. I'll grab it if it goes cheap.

Some spare keys

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-291672D5E9BF2CC6 - Taken by didamangi. 3 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Populous Origin Key -- MB-01058E374E1FD94E - Taken by Darth Kupi. 1 entrants total.
Sid Meiers Ace Patrol: Pacific Skies -- MB-119277AFB9C61FB8 - Taken by SeZMehK. 8 entrants total.
Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-1FD7C0FE61C596DC - Taken by Kid Ska. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3: Uprising Origin Key -- MB-E3DB94E029C5A137
vRvbDCu.png
Battlefield 3 Origin Key -- MB-D1C3615A50C2DF94 - Taken by freshVeggie - Taken by LostAtLife. 2 entrants total.

t1403031224z1.png

EDIT: I guess nobody wants Origin keys lol

Copons

Okay. That's why I can never find it on my wishlist after buying. Thanks. :)

Also, do these Mac games from Nuuvem (RCT3 I Sim City 4) also work on Windows?

There's this on those page:

STEAMPLAY: Comprando este jogo você poderá jogar tanto no MAC quanto no PC

Don't know Portuguese, but is pretty much self explanatory. :)

EDIT: that SC4 price seems way too much: 25.99 BRL converts to 8.50€ / 11.49$, but ES says that it has been on Steam at 2.49€...

Pachimari

this g̶i̶f̶ webm alone almost sold me on the game. Do you guys think it is worth $3?

edit: bought. But then there's this. guess i'll have to wait
e7wz8wW.jpg

I bought it and is just waiting for them to get keys again. They have contacted the developer for more.

I recently built a new PC and transferred everything over. I neglected to copy everything in my userdata folder for some reason and I recently noticed that all of the thumbnails in my local screenshots library are broken.

Any way to fix this? The screenshots don't exist in that directory and I was hoping there would be a way to sync them back up by downloading the ones I uploaded to the cloud. It doesn't look like it though... I think I might be screwed. I still have the screenshots since I enabled an uncompressed copy in a separate directory but all the broken links are annoying and any images I haven't uploaded yet appear to be lost.

Since I had close to 1000 screenshots it would probably take a while, but can I at least fix them manually (e.g. create folder for game, lookup screenshot file name, copy screenshot from other folder, rename screenshot)?

Tizoc

On second thought, maybe super cheap. This looks very average.

I can't access his vid, but the game looks stunning at 60 FPS, and remember that Youtube runs all its vids in 30 FPS. In fact majority of cutscenes, if not all, are not pre-rendered meaning they will run at 60 FPS too.
If you want a simple but fun action game, then Killer is Dead is def. worth checking out.
For $10, I'd recommend it, and to boot it's not a long game and doesn't outstay its welcome.

Nabs

Choice Provisions ‏@TotallyChoice 9m
GOOD NEWS! If you purchased BIT.TRIP Collection 2012 or 2013 on Steam, BIT.TRIP FLUX should now be in your game library! Enjoy!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Just had my monthly visit to the Valve jobs page. They've updated their "job openings" section for the first time in over a year. Most notably is that their "Web Engineer - Front End" and "Web Engineer - Back End" positions have been replaced with things like "Software Engineer - Steam" and "Software Engineer - Web Applications". The later of which I'll be applying to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom