• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruruja

Just had my monthly visit to the Valve jobs page. They've updated their "job openings" section for the first time in over a year. Most notably is that their "Web Engineer - Front End" and "Web Engineer - Back End" positions have been replaced with things like "Software Engineer - Steam" and "Software Engineer - Web Applications". The later of which I'll be applying to.

It's a shoe-in!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The original Fallout games now have Steam Cloud support. They're still not available to purchase just yet, though.

Garcia

Just had my monthly visit to the Valve jobs page. They've updated their "job openings" section for the first time in over a year. Most notably is that their "Web Engineer - Front End" and "Web Engineer - Back End" positions have been replaced with things like "Software Engineer - Steam" and "Software Engineer - Web Applications". The later of which I'll be applying to.

Good luck, man!

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

They've got to hire you, who else can say that they've done something like ES?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Yep

Develop an understanding of Valve's player community and contribute creative web-focused design solutions to improve the experience of using Valve's products

Grief.exe

Oh, I had completely forgotten Banished. It was a good game in general terms, right?

Oh hell ya, I loved Banished.

It doesn't have much on an end game currently, but you won't reach that glass ceiling for 20-40 hours.

After looking through the net-cache, The Club's store page never had a DRM warning for GFWL. So I'm almost 100% sure it's still there.

Also the ShowCDKeyOnLaunch is still set to yes.

Generally the installation portion is a good place to check. Scroll around in there and it becomes pretty obvious.

The original Fallout games now have Steam Cloud support. They're still not available to purchase just yet, though.

Add Achievements in as well and I would be blown away. Always fun to go back to older games and earn achievements.

Anteater

well just beat contrast, game is like 3hrs long :0

I've got 5$ in my steam wallet. Ready to go!

giphy46rw0.gif

Yakkue

Good luck, I hope you'll get the job!

Eanan

You would think that, but if an applicant with lots off experience in well known company applies then it may not be so straight forward.

Experience is a very strong asset at the end lf the day.

But good luck none the less jshackle.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
Best of luck to you!

I never got the classic Fallout games on Steam, as they were the first games I got from GOG. Let's see what Bethesda does when they put them back up on Steam, though.

Good luck, dude. I really hope you get it!

Pakkidis

Hope you get it. Let me make your resume...

JShackles

I made enhanced Steam. Downloaded 1,000,000 times... bitches...

Hire me.

I think it just might work.

Evrain

And we all wish you the best of luck, jshackles. Valve needs your talent, and the current fiasco with Duda further stressed how they need someone to take care of the site (client)'s shortcomings.

Hope you get it. Let me make your resume...

JShackles

I made enhanced Steam. Downloaded 1,000,000 times... bitches...

Hire me.

I think it just might work.
A resume full of win.

Nzyme32

Best of luck! It's only a matter of time

They'd have to have some good reasons not to hire you. Good luck!

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
should I buy Gunpoint now or wait for the sale, maybe its lower during the sale?
:3

I've suddenly gotten popular. Likely completely unrelated to listing a CS:GO knife on the Steam market.

jANB1gjlyH03B.png

Wonder why that could be. Bet they're all shining examples of the Stearn Cornrnunity.

Good luck! They'd be stupid to pass you up.

Tenrius

If someone's wondering about The Entente Gold, it doesn't work in Windows 8 (and possibly Windows 7 x64 as well). Well, you can watch the opening cinematics and get to to the main menu, but you can't do anything as the mouse stops working.

Oh well, what a pity. The game looks genuinely interesting.

Vibranium

Banned

You can do it, my man! If you get into Valve, please ask them if they'll let you still post on GAF, because you do so much for Steam and the community. You could be their unofficial Community Manager :D

If someone's wondering about The Entente Gold, it doesn't work in Windows 8 (and possibly Windows 7 x64 as well). Well, you can watch the opening cinematics and get to to the main menu, but you can't do anything as the mouse stops working.

Oh well, what a pity. The game looks genuinely interesting.

I just noticed that search gives developers too:
OoTIGX4z-avH.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
should work

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rhythm Destruction -- MB-FC345088C37C98F1 - Taken by mannerbot

Turfster

The Gala Store has 7 mini-bundles up
  • Syberia bundle (Syberia 1+2+Obulis for 4$)
  • Still Life bundle (Still Life 1+2+Postmortem for 3$)
  • Pacific Storm bundle (Pacific Storm+Allies+Tank Universal for 5$)
  • Alien Shooter bundle (I am weapon+Alien Shooter+Alien Shooter 2:Conscription+Reloaded for 5$)
  • Future bundle (Future Wars+Space Trader+Nikopol+Greed+Wasteland Angel for 4$)
  • Fireburst bundle (Vegas Make it Big+Zombie Pirates+Fireburst for 2$)
  • Magic 10 bundle (Avencast+Post Mortem+Future Wars+Grotesque Tactics+Nikopol+Robin Hood+Vigil+Wasteland Angel+PAM+Scratches for 4$)

such dedication
Well, it's fantomena.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Thanks everyone for your encouragement.

And no, I did not use the word "bitches"

They're probably tired of my resume coming across their desk by now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom