• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Hoping for a decent sale on Wolfenstein, but I'm not gonna be optimistic about a good % this close to release.

Prob gonna be 35-40, ugh.

South Park will probably have a good deal tho.....right?

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Well I have 3 games on Uplay but haven't installed the Uplay program yet. However, months ago I installed the Steam version of Forgotten Sands which had a Uplay launcher, so maybe I am already infected, like a zombie bite or something.

I've already dropped $30 on games from different sites this week, and the sale hasn't even started yet! I guess this is what it feels like to be a true Steam sale junkie.

Well I have 3 games on Uplay but haven't installed the Uplay program yet. However, months ago I installed the Steam version of Forgotten Sands which had a Uplay launcher, so maybe I am already infected, like a zombie bite or something.

LUgojDM.jpg

TripleSun

Hmmm. nice, the first Black Mirror is now on steam. No biggie for most people but the first game in the trilogy was always hard to come across for adventure fans. I will buy these during the summer sale. Excellent adventure games.

Always eyed these games so I'm glad the first is on Steam at last, excited to pick them up during the summer sale.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Noooooooo... I feel the parity setting in... textures below 4k... dynamic lighting... going static... fps... below 60...

donny2112

Okay, got something going. GOG.com gives you a ticket number to use in the download if you gift a game. Therefore, whoever wins this, put the gift certificate number at the end of the below url to download the game! :D

https://secure.gog.com/redeem/<Gift Certificate number goes here; no trailing characters>

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam GOG key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

the_chronicles_of_riddick_assault_on_dark_athena.jpg

Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena -- MB-7F5CD9BCA97CDB3D - Taken by Levyne. 27 entrants total.

t1403074675z1.png

denx

Is TAGES something that's installed when you install the game, or it only runs while the game is running?

If the latter, wouldn't replacing the .EXE on Steam with the one from GOG fix most issues?

It gets installed into your computer. Normally it shouldn't do anything bad to your PC, but some games had such an atrocious implementation of TAGES that they straight up fucked up your computer.

edit: yeah, should point out that most games that use TAGES have the DRM removed once you uninstall the game. As far as I'm aware, there doesn't seem to be any problems with Riddick's TAGES implementation, but since that DRM's history is dicey, I wouldn't take that chance especially when there is a DRM-free version readily available.

Grief.exe

Is TAGES something that's installed when you install the game, or it only runs while the game is running?

If the latter, wouldn't replacing the .EXE on Steam with the one from GOG fix most issues?

Jase was saying you can crack the exe before running the game and then you should be fine.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Welcome back Jawmuncher!

==============================
GOTY right here:
Xx2pVx1.png

You can choose which actor/actress the hero resembles or you can type any name.

Aw, you got me excited for a moment there. :p

Looks like the ban on the Euro Truck dev got lifted.

source

Common sense prevails!

Jase was saying you can crack the exe before running the game and then you should be fine.

It probably goes without saying that if at some point you verify the game's cache, then you'll need to replace the exe again as the cracked one will fail Steam's verification check.

I just got out of the shower, sat down at my desk, and saw your beautiful face with a new copy of Gunpoint (which has been on my wish list ever since release). You're the best, xie xie~~~
You're welcome, Steam is having problems so I had to try multiple times to get it through.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Thanks Benedict for Nekro!

Welcome back Jawmuncher! I never really asked, but are you infantry (LCP? lol) or POG?

Sniper...

...with active camo suit. And a jet pack!

What? That's how I picture him in mah head :(

I'm not making fun of military btw before someone gets ideas :/

Yakkue

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Echo of the Wilds -- MB-68AA4F05BDFDA15A - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 7 entrants total.

t1403069323z1.png

I have passed on Gunpoint several times because I want the extras and talk myself out of spending $7. So to anyone who has all that stuff, how is it? I love commentary, so I'll at least get the middle tier. Are the prototype levels in the exclusive edition worth seeing?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Jawmuncher is obviously part of the Secret Operation Raid Team.

Good friend of mine is a cop, everyone always expects his job to be murder solving and bad guy shooting when in reality it's 70% paperwork and 30% depressing talk with victims if various crimes (his words).

I'm sure the reality of military is equally harsh

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
So my co-op buddy for this and I both bought two separate two-packs. Thanks to our miscommunication, two of you shall benefit! However I would like to warn that Ibb & Obb is not as fun without a partner so if you enter do so at the request that you play it with the other winner. It's really a charmer! Kettle's soundtrack is soooo good.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Ibb & Obb -- MB-889C365328720795 - Taken by Sub Zero
Ibb & Obb Deluxe Edition -- MB-4F449FEE90067697 - Taken by Cloudius12

t1403079623z1.png

Give the OST a listen, delve into Kettel's other works and whoever wins I hope you two enjoy life as gumdrops together.

Rhaknar

How is there not a bundle with all 3 Black Mirror games? :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom