• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Good friend of mine is a cop, everyone always expects his job to be murder solving and bad guy shooting when in reality it's 70% paperwork and 30% depressing talk with victims if various crimes (his words).

I'm sure the reality of military is equally harsh

That was a reference to Dino Crisis, if you took it the wrong way (not sure if you did?).

Having had family members that have had their lives ruined by war, specifically Vietnam, it's really harsh, and the psychological effects can be really terrifying. The reality of the military can be very harsh. But that's a bit depressing to talk about, so here's a good gif to balance that out.

tumblr_mzbe87JAA01sgyi2ao4_250.gif

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I love DmC to death

everything else you guys are talking about is shit

SHIT

Steam Summer Sale 2014 |OT| SHIT
I liked what I played of DmC, but the colour coding thing was pretty much shit.

He won't be able to post it, he'll be banned in wednesday to mantain the tradition.
This, but he has to do some new modbot gifs first though!

Or he'll be too busy playing his 3DS and forget about the sale.
This too :lol

stop wasting sales money on shitty games you fools
Too late, I already bought OoT3D from the eShop!

I wonder what the average age on GAF is.

Yeah, Gone Home seems to be an either love or hate thing. Have yet to try it.
There was a poll a couple of years ago and the average was around 25 or so back then IIRC
I fitted squarely in the average

Or just Mandrake's summary if you're particularly pressed for time.
Hahahaha #dead
I love Mandrake's summaries, always brilliant.
Having said that, morningbus fits the usual "dat first post".

the only tag that fits jasec is another saoirse avatar below his name
Like InfiniteNine used to have?

Whoa...whoa children! It's become too much like mIRC chat spam in here.
It is, every time I get to the topic there are some 10+ new pages to read... I really should start skipping some because it takes too much time to catch up otherwise :(

Most boring bundle ever!

WC is the GOAT.
FTFY

with all these sale virgins, maybe we will have less of the usual "ONLY 66% ON A 2 MONTH OLD GAME THIS SALE SUCKS #ORIGIN" posts
To be fair
LatinAmerican
Origin has been having some good sales recently.

I shall conquer my white whale this summer sale, this I sware

DarkEU.jpg

especially because I just bought DLC for it and cant even activate it without the game >_>
It's currently 75% off at GamersGate, doubt it'll get any cheaper during the Summer Sale.

Has this been posted yet?

ht2ZArN.gif
hahahahaha holy shit XD

http://store.steampowered.com/app/10460/

The Club seems to have come back to Steam.
I had totally forgot it was removed, I guess it's time to get a couple for when it gets delisted again.

Look what it's available on GMG... Ultra Street Fighter IV Upgrade
Excellent, between the coupon and playfire it was $0 :D

It's now available in my region... it can't have GFWL, none of GFWL games were/are.
But! It might be that even my region now is not safe from this disaster.

just checked, Bulletstorm still is not available, for example, due to GFWL.
FWIW I'm in a unsupported region and this game (like SFIV) was always available to buy like the older GFWL titles. Lost Planet 2 onwards was when they started removing store page access from unsupported regions.

Don't be mean, he can get a few games with that!
in putinland

They'd have to have some good reasons not to hire you. Good luck!
Probably because he'd put all the ones currently working on the client/webpage to shame.

Mega Man getting the New Super Mario Bros treatment would be amazing. The world wasn't ready for Mega Man Powered Up. Being a PSP game also probably didn't help.
I'm more annoyed we never got Maverick Hunter X2 :(

Not sure how that would work out for them, considering they were in a bit of a financial downturn... Nintendo doesn't really have the online infrastructure to support Capcom's most valuable IPs either, IMO.

At least if they bought Capcom, I guess that would make it a sweeter deal when they're resigned to going the way Sega did and becoming a third party player. ;)
Nintendo has a warchest of $10B in cash, keep dreaming ;)

So is Ultra Street Fighter IV suppose to be a new sub or one that replaces AE?

It seems like Valve is allowing people to Remove recently added free titles through the Account Details page.
New sub I suppose, replacing makes no sense.

Authority's apparently been banned, so that quote is his mark on Gaf. That and booty gifs.
Noticed something odd and copypasted was missing.

Today I learned that you can install Steam games directly to your logged in client without any sort of confirmation dialog by sending some XHR data to Valve's servers. Interesting.

EDIT: wow you can do all kinds of stuff, even uninstall remotely.
Steam had support for remote installing for quite a while... do you mean like in a not-going-through-proper-authorization way?

Full game = new sub
Upgrade = old sub + DLC

Just guessing here.

Even when I was playing AE on PS3, it was Super Street Fighter IV and the AE part was DLC... I would assume this works the same way.
I guess on PS360 they went that way because technically AE is a subversion of Super, but even there (on PS at least) when you got SSFIVAE it actually was SSFIV + AE (ie, the "Upgrade" you mention) so I'd guess Ultra is a new one and gets a new sub.

Good point. ;)

Also, summer sale background leaked in BPM:
So we have an ending date as well, nice.

I just installed cyanogenmod on my S3 and the camera now sucks. Ive been trying to fix it for like 3 days but it cant record at 30fps 1080p anymore, it just does 25-26fps

im bummed
I have a S2 and Cyanogen has issues with its camera as well, but several other roms don't, so I'd suggest you search and try one of the gazillion and a half alternatives that are floating over at xda.

trials fusion (NUCLEAR WARNING: UPLAY DETECTED DO NOT PURCHASE SAVE YOUR SYSTEM)
This should be Enhanced Steam's warning.

Levyne

Banned
For some reason I like X05 quote posts, they summarize the last couple pages of the thread in a way where I can read it all in one post.

3AQmK.gif

Edit: Oh. I may be way late but Rhaknar has a tag. I remember (I think I remember) when he was just a junior member doing a 12 days of Xmas giveaway during the winter sale. Congrats on the tag :)

Edit Edit:

Diff20Q.png

Huh.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
To X05 because I'm not editing all those quotes out on mah phone:

On gamersgate (and GMG) the base price is 44.99€. On steam it's 27.99€ base price, don't ask me why, europe is weird. So 75% on the GG/GMG version for me is like 50% on the steam version

And that's why 75% on the steam version is my white whale

That was a reference to Dino Crisis, if you took it the wrong way (not sure if you did?).

Having had family members that have had their lives ruined by war, specifically Vietnam, it's really harsh, and the psychological effects can be really terrifying. The reality of the military can be very harsh. But that's a bit depressing to talk about, so here's a good gif to balance that out.

tumblr_mzbe87JAA01sgyi2ao4_250.gif

I got your reference, I was just trying to preempt a "that's disrespectful to Jawmuncher and the army blargharahagh!" post which I felt was inevitable as soon as I jokingly posted Jaw was a flying ninja sniper

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
For some reason I like X05 quote posts, they summarize the last couple pages of the thread in a way where I can read it all in one post.

3AQmK.gif

Edit: Oh. I may be way late but Rhaknar has a tag. I remember (I think I remember) when he was just a junior member doing a 12 days of Xmas giveaway during the winter sale. Congrats on the tag :)

Edit Edit:

Diff20Q.png

Huh.
Thanks man :p

And I meant Authority's posts, which were most of the time entire copypasted news or articles from other sites.

Damn, son.
I like to read the thread and you guys post too damn much :(

To X05 because I'm not editing all those quotes out on mah phone:

On gamersgate (and GMG) the base price is 44.99€. On steam it's 27.99€ base price, don't ask me why, europe is weird. So 75% on the GG/GMG version for me is like 50% on the steam version

And that's why 75% on the steam version is my white whale
Oh, right, shit euro prices. I assumed that GG and GMG being euro based had better deals for you guys :/
Is your objective to get it only through Steam?

Levyne

Banned
Thanks man :p

And I meant Authority's posts, which were most of the time entire copypasted news or articles from other sites.

Yeah, I understood. It was more a "oh, he was juniored and now banned, huh".

I wonder what my first sale purchase will be.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Oh, right, shit euro prices. I assumed that GG and GMG being euro based had better deals for you guys :/
Is your objective to get it only through Steam?

If you mean buy it on some other service like origin or uplay, you should slap yourself sir

If you mean would I get a steam key somewhere else, sure but for once steam has the cheapest base price. As I proved with Blacklist, I will gladly spend 10€ on a giveaway but not on myself lol. The thing about almost 2k games, you always look for the best price since let's be honest, you're not going to play whatever you're buying anytime soon :p

Rhaknar

So is the sale 11ish hours away or 35ish?

*according to the leak of course!

The later. Sales are not some big mystery guys, they start at the same time every midweek/weekend deal starts :)

Mako_Drug

Does everyone's copies of Blur work? Mine boots, plays the title cards then ends on a black screen playing the menu music. Is this a GFWL thing? I know the game is unavailable on steam now.

I had an itch to play the game and it hadn't even occured to me that it might be affected by the GFWL shutdown. Is it completely unplayable now? :(

Nintendo has a warchest of $10B in cash, keep dreaming ;)

I guess on PS360 they went that way because technically AE is a subversion of Super, but even there (on PS at least) when you got SSFIVAE it actually was SSFIV + AE (ie, the "Upgrade" you mention) so I'd guess Ultra is a new one and gets a new sub.

(1) Sure, if you say so. I don't pay attention to Nintendo, I just catch bits in pieces in here and some other threads... but I do remember that at some point recently everyone was calling for Iwata's (?) head (or at least his resignation)?

If they keep making business decisions of the calibre that had the 3DS sinking and the Wii U following in it's footsteps (though for most people, they have corrected the 3DS and righted the ship there), it can't end well for them.

(2) USF4 upgrade is listed as DLC for SSF4AE as far as I can tell. So again, I'm guessing there will be two subs and JaseC will buy them both. ;)

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
cliffyb is the first mainstream game developer in years to actually have something to say

i am dead inside

Aerocrane

Does everyone's copies of Blur work? Mine boots, plays the title cards then ends on a black screen playing the menu music. Is this a GFWL thing? I know the game is unavailable on steam now.

I had an itch to play the game and it hadn't even occured to me that it might be affected by the GFWL shutdown. Is it completely unplayable now? :(

Blur has no GFWL, it uses its own multiplayer servers. I don't know if the servers are still up, but there is no password reset so you should write down your user details if you are still able to register. Creating a multiplayer account is not required for singleplayer. When I last played it a few weeks after it had been on a sale it had about 100 players at peak hours playing, which later on dwindled down to about 40. If the online still works there must be only a few people playing.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
IF I'm going to buy a new game, it'll be from someone who spends more time developing games than tweeting about people who talk about games.

Yeah. He sucks just as much as us

Rhaknar

I know I shouldn't even try to find logic in his trolling, but he's describing every forum everywhere, not just Gaf o_O

Mako_Drug

Blur has no GFWL, it uses its own multiplayer servers. I don't know if the servers are still up, but there is no password reset so you should write down your user details if you are still able to register. Creating a multiplayer account is not required for singleplayer. When I last played it a few weeks after it had been on a sale it had about 100 players at peak hours playing, which later on dwindled down to about 40. If the online still works there must be only a few people playing.

Thanks, not sure why I am ending up on a black screen then. Might have to uninstall the game or update my drivers.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Cliffy you must try to judge us individually. Judging people as a group is fascism

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I know I shouldn't even try to find logic in his trolling, but he's describing every forum everywhere, not just Gaf o_O

He just wants attention. How many gamers are posting in threads, youtube, or twitter about what he is doing after he left development compared to those discussing what current video game developers are making?

Aerocrane

Thanks, not sure why I am ending up on a black screen then. Might have to uninstall the game or update my drivers.

I looked at the Steam forums for the game, looks like there is no fix that is guaranteed to work. Try running either the game's executable or Steam as administrator.

Anteater

oipic

IF I'm going to buy a new game, it'll be from someone who spends more time developing games than tweeting about people who talk about games.

Indeed.

Did GAF kick Cliff's cat, or is there a particular reason he has singled-out GAF for such a mention... or should all gaming enthusiasts be offended equally?

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
So, I was cleaning up some stuff on my shelves...

...I didn't know Telltale made CSI games for Ubisoft. Nor that I own one of them. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom