• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

I'm not sure it's even that!

It's recommending Strike Vector (on sale) based on games I've recently played, yet, the games I've played recently:

Rocksmith
RPG Maker
Puzzle Quest
Football Manager
Uplink

It's either useless or steam are trying/paid to push certain games. Probably just useless and lazy idea never fully implemented, which sounds far more like Steam.
ya, doesn't make sense even based on those.
I haven't checked recommended games for some time, maybe they changed it.

It's 99% and it's a game we may not want but we get it for the +1 blindly anyways.
DayZ with 99% off discount is only 30 cents, sell a card or two then you can afford it.
IT'S TIME, FOR JACK, TO LET 'ER RIP
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtFt4ACLWNc

MGR:R and its community is so insane, haha, I love it to bits.
The music is also crazy, even when it's done on a kazoo it sounds great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_r9N97aAqqg
lol I beat the game without learning how to properly lock on an enemy

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Fly'n -- MB-0A40F638438EE9AB - Taken by ArynCrinn. 3 entrants total.
Miasmata -- MB-91649DED086F3F44 - Taken by Gez. 4 entrants total.
Nekro -- MB-AE288D088BADE850 - Taken by Tizoc. 4 entrants total.
The Longest Journey -- MB-5B54A6C6D5A42BFD - Taken by Myshkin. 3 entrants total.
Spate -- MB-B38776B6C93CA569 - Taken by S1n1st3r. 4 entrants total.
Antisquad -- MB-59C2C6D21BD2AB6A - Taken by Purkake4. 2 entrants total.
Legend of Dungeon -- MB-ED55DA61EE34961E - Taken by PandaPedinte. 1 entrants total.
Journey of a Roach -- MB-9F4EA9EB8268D6D2 - Taken by Anteater. 3 entrants total.
Mechanic Escape -- MB-748316949D76812B - Taken by PossumMeat. 3 entrants total.
Alpha Kimori 1 -- MB-8D41E616F608CA9F - Taken by Chairmanchuck. 2 entrants total.

t1403087426z1.png

Locust

Did anyone buy Ultra Street Fighter IV Upgrade from GMG? Curious which sub it is, since GMG doesn't make it clear whether it comes with the DLC or not.

NOTE: You must own Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition to utilize this content. Digital Upgrade does not include any additional DLC costumes.

Description
“Pre-order Ultra Street Fighter IV and receive early access to five unique character costumes including Jungle Elena, Medieval Hugo, Pirate Poison, Wizard Rolento and Gladiator Decapre.”

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Did anyone buy Ultra Street Fighter IV Upgrade from GMG? Curious which sub it is, since GMG doesn't make it clear whether it comes with the DLC or not.

I bought it from them but they will send me a key in August. What costumes are you talking about? The ones for all the characters or just those for the new ones?

Locust

I bought it from them but they will send me a key in August. What costumes are you talking about? The ones for all the characters or just those for the new ones?

The preorder ones. But yeah, if keys haven't been sent out yet then there's no way to know.

KarmaCow

Did Uplay mass delete old accounts or something? I bought M&M X and tried to recover my uplay account password (because it's been ages since I logged and forgot it) and it doesn't seem to recognize any possible email I might have used when registering. It says it will send a password reset email but so far it's done nothing.

edit and it's also doing this

5pEEUvr.png

derExperte

Ohshiiiit, the Battlefield Hardline Beta appeared out of nowhere in my Origin account. No email, no nothing. Weird but I'll take it.

Did Uplay mass delete old accounts or something? I bought M&M X and tried to recover my uplay account password (because it's been ages since I logged and forgot it) and it doesn't seem to recognize any possible email I might have used when registering. It says it will send a password reset email but so far it's done nothing.

5pEEUvr.png

Probably down.

Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 10 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Fly'n -- MB-0A40F638438EE9AB - Taken by ArynCrinn. 3 entrants total.
Miasmata -- MB-91649DED086F3F44 - Taken by Gez. 4 entrants total.
Nekro -- MB-AE288D088BADE850 - Taken by Tizoc. 4 entrants total.
The Longest Journey -- MB-5B54A6C6D5A42BFD - Taken by Myshkin. 3 entrants total.
Spate -- MB-B38776B6C93CA569 - Taken by S1n1st3r
Antisquad -- MB-59C2C6D21BD2AB6A - Taken by Purkake4
Legend of Dungeon -- MB-ED55DA61EE34961E - Taken by PandaPedinte
Journey of a Roach -- MB-9F4EA9EB8268D6D2 - Taken by Anteater
Mechanic Escape -- MB-748316949D76812B - Taken by PossumMeat
Alpha Kimori 1 -- MB-8D41E616F608CA9F - Taken by Chairmanchuck

t1403087426z1.png

All hail the Anonymous Benefactor.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I just finished going through The 39 Steps for playfire rewards.

It's a bit slow going but I got into to it. It's basically an interactive comic based on a kind of spy thriller pulp novel, taking place in 1917. It reminded me of Sherlock Holmes and James Bond, particularly the Skyfall movie seeing as it takes place largely in Scotland and London. Voice acting is terrific, I especially enjoyed the authentic Scot actors. It was made with a grant from some Scottish institution for the arts, and is Scottish as all hell as a result. Bit like Sang-Froid and it's Canadianess in that regard.

It's purely narrative but gives you a few opportunities to poke around for things. I give it a thumbs up if you want a short bit of fiction, though it's hard to recommend based purely on the genre. Western historical visual novel is a lonely field, sadly.

Oh and the achievement stats are more than a bit borked because SAM users wouldn't know how to be subtle if their naval dispositions depended on it.

nai

Is it normal for card prices to go up before a sale? Some of the cards I want were like less than half the price two weeks ago.

derExperte

Is it normal for card prices to go up before a sale? Some of the cards I want were like less than half the price two weeks ago.

People are crafting badges to get mystery cards or stocking up to craft during the sale to get items (or whatever Valve will offer).

_hekk05

Banned

All the cheap cards are being bought to craft badges and obtain mysterious cards

Beaten like a homeless hobo

didamangi

So, will I like M&M X if I don't like Grimrock that much? Does it have a good storyline and varied locales that keeps it interesting?

I lost interest in Grimrock mainly because of the samey levels and the sparse characters and interaction. Not the game's fault though because it is a dungeon crawler. I do very much like the grid and tbs combat though.

nai

The mystery cards will become the game cards you need to craft summer sale badges.
Yes I know. But what I meant was if the game card prices tank during sales, will I still get mysterious cards from crafting badges? Because right now prices are a bit inflated.

Tizoc

I take it we will get the same Sale Cards that were in the Winter Seal right? Vote and you get a card, buy for $20 you get a card, etc.? I liked to craft the badges then so I'll be looking forward to increase my Steam Level and having more chances for booster packs hehe.

Risk of Rain update by the developers:

Hey guys! Sorry for not updating for like… you know, 5 months. After we got into our major, college classes took up a lot more time than expected. Not a good excuse, but an honest one. Sorry.

Despite what people think, we actually have NOT escaped to Cuba to live a life of luxury. We have a lot of Risk of Rain stuff coming. The most important is moving Risk of Rain from GameMaker 8 to GameMaker Studio. What does this mean? Well,

• Better performance (MUCH better. Actually-runs-the-final-level-at-60-fps better.)
  • Better compatibility (no more silly sound errors, etc)
  • Cross-platform support for Mac/Linux (I almost want to say cross-platform online too, but I’m not 100% sure)
  • GM native net-code
  • A stable base to iterate and add content in the future
The current timeline is planned to be:
  • Convert Risk of Rain to GM:S (currently where we are, ~1 month)
  • After fixing both new and old bugs, release Risk of Rain on Mac and Linux along with patching the PC version with the GM:S Risk of Rain
  • Get Risk of Rain ready for Sony Platforms (PS3/PS4/PS Vita) and launch when its ready
  • Arena Mode
Why is the Arena mode after all the above? The reason is because we have actually been throwing around the idea of a PvP mode (Risk of Rain style), and we wanted to first see if latency is reduced in the upgrade to GM:S. If not, no worries; the previous plans continue.

Hope that clarifies where we are and where we are going. I’ll try to make an active effort to keep people updated from now on. Cheers.

It's a bit slow going but I got into to it. It's basically an interactive comic based on a kind of spy thriller pulp novel, taking place in 1917. It reminded me of Sherlock Holmes and James Bond, particularly the Skyfall movie seeing as it takes place largely in Scotland and London. Voice acting is terrific, I especially enjoyed the authentic Scot actors. It was made with a grant from some Scottish institution for the arts, and is Scottish as all hell as a result. Bit like Sang-Froid and it's Canadianess in that regard.

It's purely narrative but gives you a few opportunities to poke around for things. I give it a thumbs up if you want a short bit of fiction, though it's hard to recommend based purely on the genre. Western historical visual novel is a lonely field, sadly.

Oh and the achievement stats are more than a bit borked because SAM users wouldn't know how to be subtle if their naval dispositions depended on it.

I tried to play this a few months ago, and I couldn't get into it. I'll give it another go though now that I understand it's a total sit and watch experience.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Is there a Longest Journey bundle or something ongoing? Two give-aways today (that I missed, lol)

Knurek

So, will I like M&M X if I don't like Grimrock that much? Does it have a good storyline and varied locales that keeps it interesting?

You will like M&M X if you either:

a) played and liked World of Xeen or Might & Magic III
b) played and liked Might & Magic 6-8 and thought the games would be okay with grid based movement
c) played and liked Etrian Odyssey games and though they would be better off with actual semi-open world
d) like challenging and not defanged RPG games with spotless UI design

derExperte

Yes I know. But what I meant was if the game card prices tank during sales, will I still get mysterious cards from crafting badges? Because right now prices are a bit inflated.

Ah, yes. Mystery cards and probably items. Crafting mystery cards now makes sense if you want to sell them.

aku:jiki

Boo to that Risk of Rain update! Good to hear they're still putting in a bunch of effort but all of those updates sound useless (aside from fixing the framerate on the final level). Please put the effort into adding dozens of new items, enemies and levels; don't waste your time on throwing yet another indie-made single-screen multiplayer brawling type game onto the giant pile of games no one actually plays.

Did the latest Chrome update messed something with anyone else extensions? Enhanced Steam and Adblock stopped working I had to remove and reinstall them to get both back working.

Arthea

I don't like it much, it is made deliberately slow with transition between scenes and keeping me from going through text and locations fast, if it was interesting enough story, I wouldn't be complaining about it, but it isn't.
I plan to finish it, just because I already gone through half of it if not more, and I leave too many games unfinished, but I wouldn't recommend it for anyone, it simply is not good enough.

edited:
what's with those M&M X comparisons to Legend of Grimrock lately, that doesn't make any sense.

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I tried to play this a few months ago, and I couldn't get into it. I'll give it another go though now that I understand it's a total sit and watch experience.

My "playtime" at the end was a bit under five hours, but I imagine a focused individual who doesn't get up for pee breaks, GAF breaks, and making dinner, could get through in about two hours or so.

I don't like it much, it is made deliberately slow with transition between scenes and keeping me from going through text and locations fast, if it was interesting enough story, I wouldn't be complaining about it, but it isn't.
I plan to finish it, just because I already gone through half of it if not more, and I leave too many games unfinished, but I wouldn't recommend it for anyone, it simply is not good enough.

Some of the scene transitions did have me feeling a bit impatient, and it does have a slow start. And not everyone has a taste for pre-WW1 spy fiction, but I'd argue that's a subjective point rather than objective one.

aku:jiki

Well, you do have the very handy excuse that 39 Steps is, in fact, not a game.

didamangi

You will like M&M X if you either:

a) played and liked World of Xeen or Might & Magic III
b) played and liked Might & Magic 6-8 and thought the games would be okay with grid based movement
c) played and liked Etrian Odyssey games and though they would be better off with actual semi-open world
d) like challenging and not defanged RPG games with spotless UI design

Haven't played the other games, my English wasn't good enough for M&M games in the '90s and I haven't had the chance to buy those games on GOG. I did play and like Wizardry 8 a lot back in the day, though I never finished it.

d) is a good enough reason for me to spend most of my puny budget for it and M&M VI I guess, since it's a small chance that Child of Light or Banished will be heavily discounted on the summer sale.

Uzzy

Well, I finally finished The Witcher last night, time to start The Witcher 2. Any recommended mods I should pick up for it?

mug

5pEEUvr.png
I experienced the same thing - it was down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom