• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really familiar with Halo (played CE a bit back then), but weren't Bungie one of the last major devs who weren't too hot about ADS? Now every footage I see is adsadsadsadsads. There were some footages where it seemed the reticule isn't even expanding during running, so I thought maybe players are just used to stop and pop that much, but impressions I hear make it sound like fire is indeed gimped. Sad stuff.

Valve, save us

it's still there, at least I can see it.

That's one killer blow, good that I have most games (><)

This is what I see when I follow this link http://www.gog.com/game/magrunner_dark_pulse

Code:
[IMG]http://abload.de/img/gogx7sqj.png[/IMG]

Just click GOG free game I think this will work

Just click GOG free game I think this will work

There's still a banner on the main page for me.

Many thanks for your tips, in fact clicking the link from the homepage has done the trick.

Turfster

Okay GOG, I've got pretty much everything I want from you, except the Crusader games now.
Call me when you get Blade Runner, okay? We'll talk.

Nzyme32

Bad news UK SteamGAF

I went to Currys and PC World to check out the Steam Wallet offer. I was told by both stores that they will not be honouring the offer. A staff member from Currys said that they have been told to tell people that it's not happening at any of their stores.

I guess that blows ass

Nzyme32

Even after printing all that posters!?

They made a point of using the word "honouring". I get the impression it was planned, but for whatever reason it is now off.

Ah well, will have to depend on my sense of restraint on my debit card to not purchase too much during the sale.......

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
One hour left

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rise of Nations: Extended Edition -- MB-2A8D496849A15050 - Taken by crazyrabbits. 48 entrants total.
Age of Mythology: Extended Edition -- MB-23A9638EF6768076 - Taken by FauX. 40 entrants total.

t1403102272z1.png

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
I have struggled to bother finishing Magrunner for about 6 months now I think. It's your typical bland first person puzzler less than polished mechanics.

Looking forward to ~$5-$10 Resident Evil revelations/4/5, DmC, Skyrim Legendary, Metal Gear Rising, Metro LL complete, Batman Origins, and some other shit i can remember.

That none of those things will happen is all but assured.

Arthea

Looking forward to ~$5-$10 Resident Evil revelations/4/5, DmC, Skyrim Legendary, Metal Gear Rising, Metro LL complete, Batman Origins, and some other shit i can remember.

These almost surely happen, it already happened before. Others? I'm not so sure.

Yakkue

Then I should have 14 free games or demos but I have none on my list. =/

I have 2 movies and 3 software.

Strange. Pre-purchases and betas also don't count to your actual game count, afaik.
Software is counted as if they were games, not sure about movies.
I think some f2p games count even if you've already uninstalled them.

The_Monk

I hope you can get a nice deal on Batman Origins and manage to pick it up. To me, it was a great game to play in the Winter. As some GAFfers know I have this thing to play certain games under certain seasons/different times of the day/year, and so on and Origins is an obvious fit for the cold December to me. :)

Either way, soon we will get a lot of decent deals I'm sure. I sure hope Capcom does not pull the same thing as last sale by removing the discounts on some of their games before the end of the sale.

Pachimari

Hmm, gotta go through my library again then. I removed all the DRM free games I got from GOG and the uPlay games as well.

I'm also playing the original Theme Hospital for the first time, I think it has grabbed me.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
So I think I found Morningbus' secret Twitter account when someone posted this in the Team Fortress 2 Expiration Date thread (Anthony Birch wrote Borderlands 2):

BMuEK1F.png

An anime/Ayn Rand (aynime rand from here on out) avatar; disdain for Borderlands 2's writing; smug comebacks devoid of humor. .

Yeah, it checks out. This must be the twitter handle I post under when I'm sleeping.

Reckoner

Are mysterious cards worth keeping? As they are being sold at around 0.20 cents each, I'm getting tempted at selling them. I already have at least two sets.

Nabs

Green Man Gaming &#8207;@GreenManGaming 13m
We hear rumours of another sale on the horizon, keep a eye out for @Playfire Rewards on daily top sellers! ;)

Parsnip

Managed to find some time to play and finished Murdered: Soul Suspect. Grabbed all the achievements too.

It's pretty alright overall. It feels like one of those middle tier, too ambitious for its budget type of games, rough around the edges but still enjoyable if you get it for the right price.

The demon sections were really the biggest issue with the game, they felt so out of place in an otherwise pretty laid back experience. It's almost like an old school adventure game, but that whole thing feels like late in the project some suit somewhere noticed that there's not enough heart pumping adrenaline in there and demons were born.

The story is alright overall, though some of it's written somewhat poorly.
Checkpoints can be kind of inconsistent.
It looks alright. It's obviously a previous gen game through and through. I had to turn off the chromatic aberration and the lens bendy thing though, after a while it just looks bad instead of an interesting ghostly artistic choice.

And holy crap there are a lot of collectables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom