• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gave up on the witcher last night. I got to a battle in the swamp that was wayyyyyy too much to deal with. I used options and whetstones and all that jazz and I still couldn't get it done. It sucks to put 20 hours into a game and just let it go : /

Same way I feel with Witcher 2. I'm not one to chicken out when met with a challenge in a video game but seriously when meeting the first boss in the game it was the most frustrating I've felt in a long time.

I just put it to easy I did not want to sit there for hours to find some half assed way to kill his ass.

The thing is that I think it kinda cheapens the whole experience if the combat is put to easy, but after all I'm really not enjoying the game with the combat like that so maybe I should just put it to easy.

Green Man Gaming ‏@GreenManGaming 13m
We hear rumours of another sale on the horizon, keep a eye out for @Playfire Rewards on daily top sellers! ;)

After their last sale...I think we're good here.

Does anyone know of a site that lists essential mods for games? I'm thinking of giving The Witcher 2 a try.

I believe there is a post on this page or the previous that has that information.

Pachimari

Are there many option files and mods for Pro Evolution Soccer 2014? I have never played the series on PC, but it would be cool if I can already update the teams with next season's jerseys.

And why is GAF so slow today?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
anyone knows why neogaf is so slow today?

There was an upstream network issue (IE one of the datacentres or backbones needed to do some emergency maintenance) overnight, and the servers here have been slow since. I don't know if it's still an upstream issue or if it's a case where one or more of our servers went down during the upstream stuff and hasn't recovered. I think the sysadmin is looking into it.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

There was an upstream network issue (IE one of the datacentres or backbones needed to do some emergency maintenance) overnight, and the servers here have been slow since. I don't know if it's still an upstream issue or if it's a case where one or more of our servers went down during the upstream stuff and hasn't recovered. I think the sysadmin is looking into it.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Damn Sub Zero, hooking it up with such a great giveaway! I hope recepients appreciate both, many hours of fun to be had/cards to idle for.

I seriously hope that's not going to happen, and the entrants had genuine interest in the games. Entering for expensive games like these just for the card drops or the +1s is rude.

Whoah, I didn't even know King of Dragon Pass was on GOG, and it's on flash sale That's some fine, fine late college memories right there.

(Uh oh, that nostalgia hole can go pretty deep. Next thing you know i'll be getting Daggerfall. Then trying to see if my old PS1 still works to invite friends over for some Vandal Hearts and Tekken 3)

Turfster

Whoah, I didn't even know King of Dragon Pass was on GOG, and it's on flash sale That's some fine, fine late college memories right there.

(Uh oh, that nostalgia hole can go pretty deep. Next thing you know i'll be getting Daggerfall. Then trying to see if my old PS1 still works to invite friends over for some Vandal Hearts and Tekken 3)

Daggerfall is free, my friend. ;)
(Yes, I am a horrible enabler, but I remember going to the library to download the monthly patches on their ISDN line)

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Yeah, I understood. It was more a "oh, he was juniored and now banned, huh".
Ah ok, it was worded weird anyway :p

If you mean buy it on some other service like origin or uplay, you should slap yourself sir

If you mean would I get a steam key somewhere else, sure but for once steam has the cheapest base price. As I proved with Blacklist, I will gladly spend 10€ on a giveaway but not on myself lol. The thing about almost 2k games, you always look for the best price since let's be honest, you're not going to play whatever you're buying anytime soon :p
I meant a Steam key like from GamersGate, and yeah, you are right
unless it has playfire rewards :p

Never change CliffyB:

CliffTweet.jpg
Oh Clliffy, never change.

(1) Sure, if you say so. I don't pay attention to Nintendo, I just catch bits in pieces in here and some other threads... but I do remember that at some point recently everyone was calling for Iwata's (?) head (or at least his resignation)?

If they keep making business decisions of the calibre that had the 3DS sinking and the Wii U following in it's footsteps (though for most people, they have corrected the 3DS and righted the ship there), it can't end well for them.

(2) USF4 upgrade is listed as DLC for SSF4AE as far as I can tell. So again, I'm guessing there will be two subs and JaseC will buy them both. ;)
(1) People were saying that because Nintendo posted a couple of losses, which is something that the company had never had and because of some likely bonehead decisions he has made. But do mind that they can get through at least another Wii U situation if it happens though.
I'd be more worried about Sony in any case, they are the ones that are constantly bleeding money (to be fair that doesn't apply to either the Insurance or the PS division currently).
(2) Ultra is unavailable in my region, lol capcpom.
Going to the Ultra page (not the upgrade one) shows a pack of SSFIVAE + Ultra upgrade, so you were correct and there's that I guess.

cliff should come post in steamgaf

shame they got rid of it!
Didn't Cliffy have a GAF user?
And yeah, total shame. Guess it was because the avatartag quoting got out of hand.

Brilliant.

Whatever it is, it explains why the topic only grew 4 pages overnight.

Garcia

Enjoying Gun Point very much, but I've find myself skipping most of the pre-mission dialogues and convos.

Very clever puzzle game with fair room for improvisation; I quite like the relative freedom of choice you are given in order to make progress.

I've been playing Final Fantasy III and it's been fantastic. Before now I hadn't played the remake, only the Famicom original.

I was about to recommend this with one caveat: get some sort of trainer or save mod because the final dungeon is 2-3 hours long with no save points whatsoever and several consecutive boss fights. It's really the only time the game is difficult and it's mostly due to the lack of save options.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I was about to recommend this with one caveat: get some sort of trainer or save mod because the final dungeon is 2-3 hours long with no save points whatsoever and several consecutive boss fights. It's really the only time the game is difficult and it's mostly due to the lack of save options.

As another GAFer pointed out, if you Alt+F4 out of the game before you're completely dead in battle, the next time you start up the game it starts you back right before the battle. Has already saved me quite a bit of time.

Yakkue

If you exit using alt+f4 as long as your party is still alive, it autosaves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom