• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

nexen

To calibrate my opinion:
I adored Splinter Cell 1, Pandora Tomorrow, and Chaos Theory.
Was disappointed in Double Agent.
Wanted to punch many people for Conviction.
also: I don't play multiplayer SC.

I loved Splinter Cell: Blacklist.

Sure, the levels were smaller and your options more limited than in the first 3 SCs.
Sure, if you used all the gadgets you were OP.
But it still managed to recapture that awesome old school SC sneaky ninja feeling but with much improved graphics and a decent storyline.

Strongly recommend it.

Eklesp

Enjoying Gun Point very much, but I've find myself skipping most of the pre-mission dialogues and convos.

Very clever puzzle game with fair room for improvisation; I quite like the relative freedom of choice you are given in order to make progress.

Wish it had controller support, looks like it might not work with the gameplay though.

Nabs

from facepunch

from neogaf

Good point. ;)

Also, summer sale background leaked in BPM:

r6k2tFu.jpg

it's the 19th here, i wish the sale would start now

gaiz, Trine 1 is getting a new update:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=840005

my thread is looking really sad now

Online Multiplayer? I may actually finish it now.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
corrosivefrost will be happy with the daily when he wakes up

and The Few was in a few (no pun intended) bundles

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Enjoying Gun Point very much, but I've find myself skipping most of the pre-mission dialogues and convos.

Very clever puzzle game with fair room for improvisation; I quite like the relative freedom of choice you are given in order to make progress.

youre doing it wrong, the writting is excellent

Lain

I preordered fault milestone one on Sekai Project site yesterday, thinking I'd get a steam key right away or, well sometime later, given how Infini-kun was doing giveaways for it, but it seems I was wrong. Now I'm wondering if the key will pop up when the full translation is out or when the first part of the translation is out.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Splinter Cell/Pandora Tomorrow/ Chaos Theory good?

Better TBH. I love the whole series, but the mechanics/abilities in Blacklist feel like a massive improvement over the originals. The scoring system is really smart too. Ghosting is heavily encouraged too for the best possible mission scoring and is accomplishable for roughly 95% of the missions (some story beats require some KOs because lets be honest only a dick would walk past a room filled with hostages).

Pre-sale goodness - get at it, and take it all!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 40 Steam/Desura keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

ulgzbKC.png
Song of the Myrne (Desura) -- MB-A0395EE72158C23A
Alpha Kimori 1 #2 -- MB-BF3F7847D1872029 - Taken by -MD-. 7 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Chester (Desura) -- MB-A38D6C7CB4F7A4C2
Alpha Kimori 1 #1 -- MB-AD1D07188C190DFF - Taken by Dusk Golem. 5 entrants total.
Legend of Dungeon #1 -- MB-7D1630471576AEAA - Taken by -MD-. 7 entrants total.

Legend of Dungeon #2 -- MB-98490B4A77BC3048
Mechanic Escape #2 -- MB-3802A1D10FB60620 - Taken by Widdly Scuds. 6 entrants total.
Mechanic Escape #1 -- MB-35824D0D3B1CD3F8 - Taken by bronson
FootLOL Epic Fail League -- MB-DCCC72F14913BA5B
Journey of a Roach #2 -- MB-D888B51AE6799BE4 - Taken by Sammichu. 4 entrants total.
Journey of a Roach #1 -- MB-3B9F763875418A44 - Taken by Baha. 2 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Soul Gambler (Desura) -- MB-01A1A9505C67CEE2
Miasmata #2 -- MB-4473DF7431CAD662 - Taken by Mengy
ulgzbKC.png
Retro Arcade Adventure (Desura) -- MB-596DE065CCF60343 - Taken by Tellaerin. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Luma's Wandering Stars (Desura) -- MB-D90D98DB08B68B22
Inescapable -- MB-A4E5995ED30728FF - Taken by nexen. 9 entrants total.
Airport Simulator 2014 -- MB-83D1D5DDDD7AE2F0 - Taken by Evrain. 7 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Stingray (Desura) -- MB-B479FA0D4DAE8B8D
Antisquad #2 -- MB-E9AB2F0183E82F81 - Taken by bronson
Antisquad #1 -- MB-FB70AEE3B2EEAFFC - Taken by Ezalc. 3 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
One Day for Ched (Desura) -- MB-F63EB0C75603622F
ulgzbKC.png
Data Hacker Initiation (Desura) -- MB-5A4D969C152F9B54
ulgzbKC.png
Alcarys Complex #1 (Desura) -- MB-85C8A9A86FBF1A70
Miasmata #1 -- MB-159FAE9E6E9E0237 - Taken by Natty1. 15 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Alcarys Complex #2 (Desura) -- MB-98F06A81BE69D14B
ulgzbKC.png
Magic Meisters (Desura) -- MB-6739577C54451A87
Woodcutter Simulator 2013 -- MB-78336818BE24DA19 - Taken by Eanan. 4 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
International Snooker (Desura) -- MB-1988F800C691DA52
ulgzbKC.png
Crazy Belts (Desura) -- MB-3FC8A6C26DBF4251
Fly'n #1 -- MB-29CBBC4F9AFE5715 - Taken by Saty
Fly'n #2 -- MB-8FFEE500DC14BE08 - Taken by XShagrath. 7 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Yrminsul (Desura) -- MB-7EA594822AC7BA3D
ulgzbKC.png
Astro Emporia (Desura) -- MB-4E77630CD338AA61
Nekro #1 -- MB-262ABA28CA8F2098 - Taken by Evrain. 9 entrants total.
Nekro #2 -- MB-D286FC6E5CD5F990 - Taken by liezryou. 7 entrants total.
The Longest Journey #2 -- MB-EC8E6BA4D5596285 - Taken by kadab. 5 entrants total.
Spate #1 -- MB-EDCF5BF75A73AAA6 - Taken by koma. 5 entrants total.
Spate #2 -- MB-39FF469BD2CF153D - Taken by johnssy123. 4 entrants total.
The Longest Journey #1 -- MB-5456B9EF4C5AD0E0 - Taken by Pakkidis

HOARD Complete Pack -- MB-40B6A728528C0A7B - Taken by zerokoolpsx. 1 entrants total.

t1403123677z1.png

liezryou

I've been playing Final Fantasy III and it's been fantastic. Before now I hadn't played the remake, only the Famicom original.

I have it on my nexus 10, couldn't get into it. Might be different on a big screen and a gamepad though. Regardless, I am not paying that ridiculous price for it. Waiting for a sale for it.

But i was wanting something more fresh anyway o_O.

nexen

I think the level design/scale is easily on par with SC1/2. CT may have had more open level design, but the whole location was generally pretty small.

Huh. I admit I might be mis-remembering. It has been a long time since I really sat down and played through the originals. But, regardless, the level size in SC:BL wasn't an issue for me. I never felt overly constrained.

Great, great game. Best thing Ubi has put out in a long time.

Yakkue

I have it on my nexus 10, couldn't get into it. Might be different on a big screen and a gamepad though. Regardless, I am not paying that ridiculous price for it. Waiting for a sale for it.

How about The Last Remnant?

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Here are some of my other recommendations - again not all will fit the bill of "fresh" or "cheap", but maybe watch out for some during the Summer Sale.

• The Last Remnant
  • South Park: The Stick of Truth
  • Skyborn
  • Transistor (possibly more "action" than "turn based", depending on how you play)

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Am I the only one having trouble with the dude in the desert? The last bossfight is supposedly hard as well. Playing on PS3 if that makes a difference.
I managed to beat him on my second (or third) try, but a couple of other bosses gave me an incredibly hard time. There's one I killed by sheer luck, because I could never get the hang of Blade Mode and that was almost required.

Yakkue

Already beat that.
If you're in the mood for a dungeon-crawler type turn-based rpg, how about Might & Magic X: Legacy? It's currently only $7.49 in the macgamestore (for a steam key that works in windows, and you also get M&M VI).

• Transistor (possibly more "action" than "turn based", depending on how you play)
Huh, didn't know you could play that turn based, sounds interesting!

liezryou

Here are some of my other recommendations - again not all will fit the bill of "fresh" or "cheap", but maybe watch out for some during the Summer Sale.

• The Last Remnant
  • South Park: The Stick of Truth
  • Skyborn

I thought transistor had the same combat system as bastion?

I actually plan on getting south park in the steam sale :).

As far as skyborn goes, I really dislike these generic RPG maker games. While i appreciate a good 2d sprite-based game (To the moon), most of them just don't click with me.

Rhaknar

oh theres a new indiegala greenlight bundle? well ok then

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

International Snooker -- MB-86EAD4AF3DE40F0F - Taken by Mavromatis

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Huh, didn't know you could play that turn based, sounds interesting!

Yeah, the basic battle mechanic is turned based. It's similar to VATS in the Fallout games.

So while you can play it as a completely "Action RPG", it's much easier to approach each battle as if it were turn-based.

Relevant video

I thought transistor had the same combat system as bastion?

Worlds apart, I thought. I firmly believe that if you play Transistor like Bastion, you're doing it wrong.

Ruruja

Blame Rhaknar.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

International Snooker -- MB-6D3931B332035907 - Taken by JakeD

No. Is a 20 minute segment some how going to make me forget everything else this game has accomplished?

That's just where the rest of the game turned to shit. It's obvious they didn't have the time/motivation to continue.

But of course you can appreciate everything before that, and even after. It's just my opinion. It's a mediocre game at best, but I'm mostly disappointed in the multiplayer. Chaos Theory probably had the best multiplayer ever and Blacklist is basically an average CoD-clone with some Splinter Cell-like implementations.

This is probably not the place for an answer on this but here goes...

A couple weeks ago I did some serious damage to my console commands in Left 4 Dead 2. Those commands are now saved in the cloud and even if I delete the AppID folder(because they're saved in the cloud)they come right back as if nothing happened. My game seems to be forever fucked unless I disable cloud sync with the game.

This method

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2470784

While very detailed doesn't work. I think it can only truly work if you have games saves in the cloud. L4D doesn't have games saves. It has settings only.

I'm beyond frustrated because I feel I've tried just about everything. Any clue on how to go about trying to remedy this issue?

Rhaknar

NOTE: You must own Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition to utilize this content. Digital Upgrade does not include any additional DLC costumes.

so the upgrade doesnt come with the new costumes on GMG?

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
NOTE: You must own Super Street Fighter IV Arcade Edition to utilize this content. Digital Upgrade does not include any additional DLC costumes.

From my understanding you get only the ones for the new characters as a preorder bonus. All the rest are not included with the upgrade but only with the standalone release. Classic Crapcom

nexen

That's just where the rest of the game turned to shit. It's obvious they didn't have the time/motivation to continue.

But of course you can appreciate everything before that, and even after. It's just my opinion. It's a mediocre game at best, but I'm most disappointed in the multiplayer. Chaos Theory probably had the best multiplayer ever and Blacklist is basically an average CoD-clone with some Splinter Cell-like implementations.

The FPS sequence is teeny tiny and it is like the very last mission. You switch back and forth between FPS and SC mode, its a callout to the MP. How could it spoil the game after that? I don't remember any game happening after that part. That was the end, wasn't it?

Daily Aliens Colonial Marines 75% off
(Turd alert)

Bullshit. A:CM is a decent ride and while it's not the game many expected, I had a good time with it as I ended up with over 22 hours on record and liked it enough to buy the campaign/story DLC to play with other SteamGAFers.

eggtlf.jpg

I'm not saying it's a masterpiece, but considering I've spent less than $6 on the game and the story DLC, I think I've more than gotten my money's worth out of it.

I've been playing Final Fantasy III and it's been fantastic. Before now I hadn't played the remake, only the Famicom original.

I don't really like the FF games with "job" systems, but I stuck with FF3 on the DS long enough to finish it. I remember there were some real barriers at points that had to do with having the wrong classes in my party and such... but other than that, I'm inclined to agree with you.

Nope.

In terms of singleplayer:

Chaos Theory > Splinter Cell > Pandora Tomorrow > Blacklist > Conviction > Double Agent

Multiplayer:

CT > PT > BL > DA > Conviction

Not sure if serious...

--

I have some Booster Trooper guest passes clogging up my inventory -- if anyone would like one, please PM me.

Nabs

Someone should ask them. If it doesn't come with the costumes, they should probably remove the banner stating it does.

From my understanding you get only the ones for the new characters as a preorder bonus. All the rest are not included with the upgrade but only with the standalone release. Classic Crapcom

Yeah, I'm thinking it's the other 100+ costumes.

Pachimari

I don't know what to do. I am super excited about the Steam summer sales all of a sudden, so much that I have ordered Nintendogs.

I want -90% on Rust, Always Sometimes Monsters, Banished, Landmark, Transistor, Sir You Are Being Hunted, DreadOut, Anno 1404, Skyrim, Dishonored, Towerfall Ascension, Nidhogg, Betrayer, World in Conflict, Assassin's Creed etc.

Got 241 titles on my wishlist! And this is my first Summer Sales.

nexen

Bullshit. A:CM is a decent ride and while it's not the game many expected, I had a good time with it as I ended up with over 22 hours on record and liked it enough to buy the campaign/story DLC to play with other SteamGAFers.
The reason I hate Aliens: Coloniel Marines is because it is the epitome of wasted potential. The original premise could have been The Best Thing Ever. Hell, even a half-decent scripted shooter could have been elevated to sublime if the license was handled right.

Rhaknar

I don't know what to do. I am super excited about the Steam summer sales all of a sudden, so much that I have ordered Nintendogs.

I want -90% on Rust, Always Sometimes Monsters, Banished, Landmark, Transistor, Sir You Are Being Hunted, DreadOut, Anno 1404, Skyrim, Dishonored, Towerfall Ascension, Nidhogg, Betrayer, World in Conflict, Assassin's Creed etc.

Got 241 titles on my wishlist!

none of those games will get anyware NEAR that discount. If this is seriously what people expect from the sales, no wonder theres so much crying during it

the summer/christmas sale is the same shit as any midweek/weekend sale, just on a much bigger volume

hahahaha people on a domestic site being pissed at Valve for not announcing HL3 last night. Yes, because a countdown on teamfortress.com is totally connected to HL! Those journos should be ashamed too, because they were like "what could this countdown mean?! L4D3 or *gasp* youknowwhat?"

Pachimari

none of those games will get anyware NEAR that discount. If this is seriously what people expect from the sales, no wonder theres so much crying during it

the summer/christmas sale is the same shit as any midweek/weekend sale, just on a much bigger volume

Please, do not take my post seriously. ;)

I don't expect -90%.

All I'm saying in that one post is, that I am super excited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom