• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
One last giveaway before the Summer sale. Some people have been talking about how much they want these two games to go on sale, so I'd like to give them the chance to win them. Have fun and enjoy the summer sale :)

And please if you're not planning to play them. Do not enter. I am doing this giveaway for the people that want these games a lot

Amazing giveaway Sub Zero! I have both so obviously I'm not participating. I hope the winners enjoy them as much as I have :)

pahamrick

One last giveaway before the Summer sale. Some people have been talking about how much they want these two games to go on sale, so I'd like to give them the chance to win them. Have fun and enjoy the summer sale :)

And please if you're not planning to play them. Do not enter. I am doing this giveaway for the people that want these games a lot

Whoa, Sub! Save some money for the summer sale!

That being said, thanks a ton for The Wolf Among us giveaway. Fingers crossed, been dying to play it.

Vuze

Argh, dat Wolf Among Us ;_;
I really hope it will be on sale.

Great giveaways, Sub Zero.

Arthea

Subzero living by his tag, I see, nice giveaway as always.

Is it me, or blinkbundle takes really long for a new one this time?
alternatively, I'm just having bad case of sale fever

Dude, you're just pulling out fatalities left and right. Amazing.

Speaking of giveaways, modbot tells me there are not claimed.
No guarantee they still work, but if anyone is interested:
You have the following unclaimed keys registered with ModBot:
Mystery Game #1 -- https://store.steampowered.com/accou...EE2A9753610829
And Yet It Moves -- https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=ceM7bMaxUWV6mrU5
The Maw (xbox 360) #2 -- T7K6G-VQG93-QV9JP-2T77K-QVX2Z
Runespell: Overture -- 3T7JR-FV2AZ-LC45B
Ravensword: Shadowlands -- https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=TFapwsGRXUZUSsu6
Planets Under Attack -- EBD7I-KF42T-CX2VB
Aerena -- 4AKYP-LE64Q-30C32
Bridge Project -- BKHZX-JGZQP-XVLWN
Race Injection -- 6FJTQ-63HWJ-F4A4Z
Gravity Badgers -- N3FWF-C3NRD-C7Q6G
Skyward Collapse -- 3VVEX-K3KJ3-IZ766
SOL: Exodus -- TEHEE-BT0Z7-IGK2D
Hacker Evolution Duality -- 0NDBI-XV8HB-WBYNG
Naval Warfare -- QG0DQ-TVZIN-BKBP7
Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- https://www.humblebundle.com/gift?key=TcthU4NZnh2b4YxD

And no, it's been so long, I have no idea what mystery game is. It might be Frozen Synapse, but it might not be.
All I can say for certain is that it's not bad rats.

Tizoc

Damnit Sub Zero, you keep this up you'll die of kidney failure
then we'll each give you one of OUR Kidneys just so you keep going

Aerocrane

You know, sometimes I forget why I'm primarily a PC gamer, but then I see an ad on local paper.
Dat console & euro tax.

Some online stores do eventually discount games slightly after release, but the release price is usually at least 64,90 €, and it takes forever for retail stores to reduce prices. There's also no point to buy a "Limited Edition" of most console games, because they seem to be available for months after release in most cases. At least that store has an alright name.

Also who has money to buy a new console during the summer anyway with the Steam sale.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Whoa, Sub! Save some money for the summer sale!

That being said, thanks a ton for The Wolf Among us giveaway. Fingers crossed, been dying to play it.

I'm actually not looking to buy much stuff in the summer sale. Probably only MGS Rising and Resident Evil 4. I was thinking of doing a big giveaway during the summer sale but I imagine the threads will be too crowded and fast moving.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I'm tempted to look at the wishlists of some of you guys that have 200+ games on there, just to see what I'm missing, but my wishlist is as big as it's ever been at like 31 right now and I already feel like that's too much :p

I wish I could get my wish list down to that low, but I just can't help myself when I see a game I'm interested in for worry I might forget about them without a list. As such I'm over 700 right now, much to the dismay of Enhanced Steam I'm sure.

Still it has an upside. Some of my friends look at it and ask why I want it and that always leads to a good discussion.

So, in the last Indie Gala bundle there's a game that has caught my attention, Magic Meisters. However, after looking it up I'm not sure if you can get a key for the full game if it gets Greenlit.

I noticed an annotation on the trailer linking to a supposedly ongoing Kickstarter campaign… Which was unsuccessful and ended 10 days ago. Also, the wording on the Indie Gala site is a bit weird. They say "Alpha on Greenlight", whereas the others are labeled with just an "On Greenlight".

Is anyone here following its development? It seems the devs are still working on it, but I just find very sketchy that they'd promise Steam keys for the full game when it isn't even in Alpha yet.

Myshkin

I wish I could get my wish list down to that low, but I just can't help myself when I see a game I'm interested in for worry I might forget about them without a list. As such I'm over 700 right now, much to the dismay of Enhanced Steam I'm sure.

When a game gets Greenlit, you still can't add it to your wishlist. Want Steam to change this, because it's an easy way for me to forget about a game I want.

So, in the last Indie Gala bundle there's a game that has caught my attention, Magic Meisters. However, after looking it up I'm not sure if you can get a key for the full game if it gets Greenlit.
IMPORTANT: Steam keys will be added to every purchase once this game will be available on Steam.

Amzin

Still it has an upside. Some of my friends look at it and ask why I want it and that always leads to a good discussion.

Over 700? o_O wat. That's crazy! How can you actually WANT all those games :p I would be shocked if I play 700 more games over the next decade, and I actively try to clean out my backlog when not feeling the pull of the grind.

Arthea

Over 700? o_O wat. That's crazy! How can you actually WANT all those games :p I would be shocked if I play 700 more games over the next decade, and I actively try to clean out my backlog when not feeling the pull of the grind.

who talks about playing them?

I plan to play all my games, even if I have to live 1000 years to do it!

promise of keys

that's by no means guarantee, it happens that we don't get steam keys even from greenlight bundles, not often, but happens.

inm8num2

I suck at Swords and Soldiers multiplayer. :p

I'm also enjoying Master Reboot so far - pretty interesting "experimental" type of game.

$free.99

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Realms of Arkania: Blade of Destiny -- MB-5448E648EA7FFA45 - Taken by Halo 2. 6 entrants total.

t1403121576z1.png

Grief.exe

70 games a year is borderline impossible.

nexen

You must be new here.

Levyne

Banned

I tend to "work" similarly. Keep the backlog trim and such.

Arthea

70 games a year is borderline impossible.

don't be so sure, I think Knurek (sorry if I mistaken who again) posted list of 60 something games finished this year, and it's in only half of a year. I don't know how it is possible, but if Corrosivefrost can play more than 500 hours in two weeks, everything is possible!

I wish I knew their secrets and how they do that

I'd give my appendix for the ability to remove junk bundle filler shit that I've bought over the years, before modbot became sentient. I could easily live the remainder of my life without crayon physics deluxe, thank you very much.

As far as backlogs go, I just made a category called Games I want to Finish Someday and i've been pecking at that list ever since. It helps that i've finished some short games this year, like Zeno Clash and To The Moon. And I've also come to terms with not frustrating myself over it. If I spent $5 on The Witcher and +20 hours into it I hit a wall, in a game that hasn't exactly rocked my world as it is? Well fuck it, scratch it off the list. I got my $5 worth and I much rather spend those last 15-20 hours left in the Witcher on finishing 2-3 games that I am getting some fun out of instead.

Myshkin

that's by no means guarantee, it happens that we don't get steam keys even from greenlight bundles, not often, but happens.

I don't get it. It's always just a promise from the dev. There's never a guarantee that the promise will be met. Do you want Gabe to call a press conference about it?

Garcia

Wish it had controller support, looks like it might not work with the gameplay though.

Same here. That's actually the first thing I went to check before I added it into the cart since I've found myself enjoying more games with gamepad support. At first I was sad by the lack of compatibility, but once I started playing the game I understood it would've required some extra coding to correctly implement that feature with objects whose outlines can sometimes be as small as a few pixels wide.

youre doing it wrong, the writting is excellent

Not gonna argue with that because I'm also of the opinion that writing is pretty good. The problem arises when you have to go through full convos between missions that can be as short as 1 minute. It gets on the way of the gameplay and it can be too distracting when you're gaining momentum by getting better with each successfully completed task.

On the bright side, I'm really grateful for the 3 optional reloading choices available upon death. I'm so happy that more indie games keep implementing that feature; it's perfect for speed-runners and OCD's.

nexen

Hey now, I average about 60 and my current count for 2014 is @ 38, I think, with plenty of half finished games sitting there waiting for me. :p

don't be so sure, I think Knurek (sorry if I mistaken who again) posted list of 60 something games finished this year, and it's in only half of a year. I don't know how it is possible, but if Corrosivefrost can play more than 500 hours in two weeks, everything is possible!

I wish I knew their secrets and how they do that

am I the only one around here with a functioning sarcasm detector?

Arthea

I don't get it. It's always just a promise from the dev. There's never a guarantee that the promise will be met. Do you want Gabe to call a press conference about it?

well, person above you asked will he get the steam key for a full game, you posted that quote, which is misleading, as it says nothing about what he asked about. What I mean to say, no, there are no guarantees of getting a steam key, buying such bundles for one game is always a risk.
I don't know why you got so worked up about it, but here you go, no harm intended.

am I the only one around here with a functioning sarcasm detector?

my was broken while I was reading that, now I fixed it, move on.

yuraya

Its actually a good idea to wishlist as many games as possible. And than link your wishlist with isthereanydeal so you can get notified when a game goes on sale all across the board and not just steam. Its very convenient even if you never wind up buying some of the games.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

wanting it a lot, and playing it right now are not mutually exclusive. Someone might want it a lot but not have time to play it now / is playing other things

or someone might not care about it and just play it so you "see" them playing it.

Or someone might think they want the game, play it, end up not liking, and is that person now forced to play it just out of guilt?

I dunno, its your giveaway you can say whatever you want, just not a big fan of guilt trips, as ive been down that road before

Arthea

Honestly, the only thing I want on a deep discount this year is probably South Park. I missed the boat on that one.

I still hope that gmg will finally have some discount on it, as I was doing playfire thing which I'm not fond of for this game, that I most likely won't like. (><)
Anyway it had some discount more or less everywhere, except gmg and steam, so it's time
(I hope it's more than 33%, though)

Bull, I'm currently on #70, and still have half a year to go.

you scare me (><)

I've finished 68 games this year and am nearing completion on 69(Bayonetta) and 70(Uncharted 2), we're impossible, Knurek ;-;

you too

Sendou

I'm pretty sure code for Thomas Was Alone I was trying to give away using ModBot was never taken. Just remembered that all of sudden. If it's a game someone wants then just tell me and I'll get you the code.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Awesome giveaway - I entered for The Wolf Among Us, since it's one of the few games I'm definitely planning on picking up during the sale. I was LTTP on The Walking Dead, but now I've been playing Season 2 as it's been released and I'm hooked. These "episodic" games with 1-2 hours of gameplay per episode fit my life schedule perfectly, so I've been eyeballing this one for a while.

Again - thanks for the chance!

AkuMifune

Banned
Some extra bundle stuff. Have at it!

ModBot said:
Instructions for AkuMifune:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Lords of Football Eastern Europe DLC -- MB-EE9ED9230465F3C0
ALPHA KIMORI 1 -- MB-61338B745B35ABA5 - Taken by Dusk Golem. 4 entrants total.
Canyon Capers Rio Fever DLC -- MB-574EAB33B7A0BE32
Actua Soccer 3 -- MB-425A63FC0F8FEA4C - Taken by nightstorm. 1 entrants total.
ANTISQUAD -- MB-7CC1C7B9CED46A4F - Taken by Kid Ska. 3 entrants total.
MECHANIC ESCAPE -- MB-98E922495F27E252 - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 3 entrants total.
FootLOL Epic Fail League -- MB-1564DBA1277D7E64 - Taken by Baron_Calamity. 4 entrants total.
Lords of Football United States DLC -- MB-4D910A3C94B3FC9F
Lords of Football Super Training DLC -- MB-BDD881AF80D660CF
Canyon Capers -- MB-4BBDE80F1624C8FB - Taken by -MD-. 3 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
ALCARYS COMPLEX (Desura) -- MB-400AA664F5335567 - Taken by Jason Frost
Lords of Football -- MB-521635DB9DA77845 - Taken by derExperte. 4 entrants total.

t1403122628z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom