• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
there are plenty of 2-3 and 5-6 hours games out there, so its easy to finish lots of them if youre going for it

Did steam change the way cards drop? It seems like idling isn't working, or at least not working consistently.

just slow tonight it seems, I only got 1 AI War card so far

Arthea

Did steam change the way cards drop? It seems like idling isn't working, or at least not working consistently.

I was thinking the same thing, they are preventing people from making lots of money (as cards now sell good) before sale, it's logical, when you think about it, no? (><)

PyWrLvb.gif

There's actually another Steam Gaffer here who has finished around 70 games IIRC, Donny2112, he was the first one to finish the 52 Games 1 Year challenge actually, what a badass.

Knurek

there are plenty of 2-3 and 5-6 hours games out there, so its easy to finish lots of them if youre going for it

Yeah, exactly. It's not like you need 100+ hours of padding/open world activities to have a good time with the game.

you scare me (><)

Oh come on, you of all people should understand what I'm talking about - there are loads of (great) 10 or so hour RPG Maker games out there.

I was thinking the same thing, they are preventing people from making lots of money (as cards now sell good) before sale, it's logical, when you think about it, no? (><)

All the money that goes into market transactions was at some point paid to Valve directly and they still get a cut of each transaction, so they're profiting multiple times. It wouldn't make sense to stifle that.

Turfster

Bullshit. A:CM is a decent ride and while it's not the game many expected, I had a good time with it as I ended up with over 22 hours on record and liked it enough to buy the campaign/story DLC to play with other SteamGAFers.

I'm not saying it's a masterpiece, but considering I've spent less than $6 on the game and the story DLC, I think I've more than gotten my money's worth out of it.
Hell no. I got it for free and wrestled my way through it during the winter sale, liveblogging it here.
It's a buggy piece of sadness, full of stupid.
If you have to PUNCH the big end boss out of the wall they're stuck in, after they stopped attacking you 5 minutes earlier...

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
wanting it a lot, and playing it right now are not mutually exclusive. Someone might want it a lot but not have time to play it now / is playing other things

or someone might not care about it and just play it so you "see" them playing it.

Or someone might think they want the game, play it, end up not liking, and is that person now forced to play it just out of guilt?

I dunno, its your giveaway you can say whatever you want, just not a big fan of guilt trips, as ive been down that road before

Yeah, I'm not writing this without a reason. Some Gaffers have claimed games in my past giveaways (expensive games, not bundle turds) that they were apparently not interested in. They only wanted the +1s/card drops, this may be fine with bundlegames but with games that cost a lot and some people want them really bad but can't afford them, it's not polite. And if this wasn't enough, two of them also begged me for games later.

As for the playing part.I didn't ask and I am not forcing anyone to play them right now. And obviously, I am not going to check your profile each day and call out or begrudge them if I realize that they have not played them. I know you had some drama when you won Transistor, but it's not exactly the same

Echoplx

Looks like Bethesda actually put some effort into re-releasing the Fallout games.

Readme said:
ABOUT THIS RELEASE

Fallout 1:
This Bethesda Softworks release of Fallout 1 contains the original Interplay 1.2 White Label version of the game. To maximize compatibility on modern systems, we have included the Fallout 1 High Resolution Patch version 4.1.8 by &#8220;Mash&#8221; Matt Wells.

Fallout 2:
This Bethesda Softworks release of Fallout 2 contains the original Interplay 1.02 version of the game. This release has been pre-patched with sfall version 2.19a and the Fallout 2 high resolution patch version 4.1.8.

ENABLING HIGH RESOLUTIONS

Because we recognize that many of you may not want to use the high-resolutions enabled by this patch, you may choose to play the game in its original form by selecting &#8220;Play Classic Version&#8221; when launching from Steam.

CLOUD SAVING WITH STEAM

As part of this re-release of the game, we have enabled Cloud Synchronization through Steam. Save games created by Fallout will automatically be uploaded to Steam&#8217;s servers when you exit. Logging in with your Steam account on another machine will sync those save games automatically.

There are some quirks to this system, however. Fallout saves games within the install directory. This means that multiple Steam logins on the same PC will access the same save files.

Pachimari

Already spending some money on GOG games, like Theme Hospital, Indigo Prophecy, Populous, King of Dragon Pass and Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena.

Isn't the original game supposed to come bundled with Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena from GOG?

Looks like Bethesda actually put some effort into re-releasing the Fallout games.

It's out?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Yeah, I'm not writing this without a reason. Some Gaffers have claimed games in my past giveaways (expensive games, not bundle turds) that they were apparently not interested in. They only wanted the +1s/card drops, this may be fine with bundlegames but with games that cost a lot and some people want them really bad but can't afford them, it's not polite. And if this wasn't enough, two of them also begged me for games later.

As for the playing part.I didn't ask and I am not forcing anyone to play them right now. And obviously, I am not going to check your profile each day and call out or begrudge them if I realize that they have not played them. I know you had some drama when you won Transistor, but it's not exactly the same

who the fuck would take a new game just for cards lol

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Isn't the original game supposed to come bundled with Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena from GOG?

It's built into the game. When you launch it will ask if you'd like to play "Escape from Butcher Bay" or "Assault on Dark Athena".

Hell no. I got it for free and wrestled my way through it during the winter sale, liveblogging it here.
It's a buggy piece of sadness, full of stupid.
If you have to PUNCH the big end boss out of the wall they're stuck in, after they stopped attacking you 5 minutes earlier...

I had a couple janky kills where aliens got stuck in walls or something when they died, but I had that with Dark Souls 2 as well.

I experienced no game breaking bugs of any sort while playing. Again, I had fun with my 22.4 hours of play, I would go back and do Ultimate Badass playthrough someday, and I more than got my $2 out of it. <$.10 per hour of enjoyment, can't argue with that. :p

Effin' jerkdishes, that's who.
If that's the case, Sub Zero should pull a FATALITY and blacklist those chumps.

Arthea

Life has meaning again.

let's hope meaning came to stay this time

Yeah, exactly. It's not like you need 100+ hours of padding/open world activities to have a good time with the game.

Oh come on, you of all people should understand what I'm talking about - there are loads of (great) 10 or so hour RPG Maker games out there.

Well... that's true, but you see, I finished something like 17 games this year, and only two of those are 100 hours long and a couple 30-50 hours, all others short games, as compared to your 70! It is scary, you know, and I'm trying to finish more games, actively, not like I'm slacking or anything.

I like what I'm reading, especially about resolutions.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold

Trust me, there are some greedy people here that do this all the time. They claim games just for the cards,+1s or because they are new,expensive and they must have them even if they are not interested in them.

Effin' jerkdishes, that's who.
If that's the case, Sub Zero should pull a FATALITY and blacklist those chumps.

Already done that. Luckily the new MEGA-GIVER rule eliminates many of them as well

Rhaknar

So has their been any more confirmation of the summer sale starting tomorrow besides that one pic?

you mean besides other websites sales ending on the 19th? (Gamersgate, GOG, GMG ended theirs yesterday)

or the current weekly deals ending on the 19th instead of the full week :p

Trust me, there are some greedy people here that do this all the time. They claim games just for the cards,+1s or because they are new,expensive and they must have them even if they are not interested in them.

it was Grief wasnt it? I always thought that dude was shady

derExperte

Credit Card Verification
18 JUNE - DRUNKEN F00L
We've released a new feature to allow users to manually verify new credit cards. When using a new credit card to add wallet funds, access to the Community Market is restricted for a week. But now, if you go through the verification process, you can remove the restriction right away.

You can begin the verification process from the card verification page. When applicable, there is a link to this page on your account page and the main Community Market page.

If you have any issue with this process or encounter a bug, please let us know in the forum thread here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/community_market/discussions/0/540744934336786360/

http://steamcommunity.com/gid/103582791433833633#announcements/detail/1262446774497304587

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Well... that's true, but you see, I finished something like 17 games this year, and only two of those are 100 hours long and a couple 30-50 hours, all others short games, as compared to your 70! It is scary, you know, and I'm trying to finish more games, actively, not like I'm slacking or anything.

I think it's more important to focus on the quality of your experience rather than the number of games you complete. I can spend 30+ hours on Fallout: New Vegas and have a way better time than I would have had if I had spent that same 30 hours playing 10 different platformers.

But that's just me. It's important to find the types of games you enjoy, and have fun playing them.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man

While I don't recommend necessarily making the names public, I certainly recommend you permablocking those users for peace of mind. I firmly believe that as with past abusive users, a little bit of community pressure can go a long way to ensure compliance. Sorry you felt like you had a bad experience here and I wouldn't want anyone discouraged from giving away games because of abusers :(

Edit: I see you've already done that. Good move.

Techies

Strike Vector on sale and on the Steam front page. Population went from 30 concurrent users to 300. I'm happy, finally gonna get that 32 player warfare I've been wanting.
People don't play indie games that aren't listed on the front page...

Rhaknar

While I don't recommend necessarily making the names public, I certainly recommend you permablocking those users for peace of mind. I firmly believe that as with past abusive users, a little bit of community pressure can go a long way to ensure compliance. Sorry you felt like you had a bad experience here and I wouldn't want anyone discouraged from giving away games because of abusers :(

I feel totally discouraged from doing any more giveaways tbh...

...because when I do them Im called a drunk >_>

GZ1dz.gif

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
I'm actually not looking to buy much stuff in the summer sale. Probably only MGS Rising and Resident Evil 4. I was thinking of doing a big giveaway during the summer sale but I imagine the threads will be too crowded and fast moving.

From what I remember of the last sales, the threads only sped up around the end of deals and a for a few hours after new deals posted on steam or on a auxiliary key site. So similar to how the normal steam operates.

Summer sale is coming.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 11 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (FiveElementNinja, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tiny and Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-FE20D1AD0BDFCC33 - Taken by HP_Wuvcraft
Little Inferno -- MB-3A5294B736F686AA
BIT.TRIP Presents... Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien -- MB-3130B61C9913EFBF - Taken by Trejik
Dear Esther -- MB-E9CCAF037445DF27 - Taken by Shalashaska
Thomas Was Alone -- MB-2FF077857B9CC955 - Taken by Thorgal
Awesomenauts -- MB-41C753C3ADE1F271 - Taken by Garcia
BIT.TRIP RUNNER -- MB-83D21EA2FC675ADA - Taken by SeZMehK
Megabyte Punch -- MB-BF1D79F421E0CE46 - Taken by Ezalc
Hotline Miami -- MB-3178975E1EEB2371 - Taken by Tesseract
RACE: The WTCC Game Plus Caterham Expansion -- MB-E72090C96D5C746C
Mark of the Ninja Special Edition -- MB-DC293D757DDA6D60 - Taken by fspm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom