• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caerith

I agree, which is why I suggest the threshold be way above a person simply being popular among a particular clique. The list wouldn't be public and there could potentially be other ways onto the list, like being a mega-megagiver.

It would also be moderated by the blacklist, so if abuse comes up it could be taken care of quickly.

We already have modbot options geared more towards this specific community, so I don't see it as that much of a further step down that dark path.
How would it be implemented? Short of adding a karma system to GAF as a whole.

Really? Holy shit, we need something to capitalize on this. I ditched TWD because I think the timed decisions are absolute bullshit. Sometimes I can barely even read through them before they turn off because I'm trying to imagine the character saying them and interpret the intent conveyed by the statement. Then again, my conceptions are sometimes a misinterpretation anyway and I act completely different than I want to, so even with untimed conversations it would fall behind something like, say, Dragon Age which has a mood/context indicator in brackets next to each statement, or Alpha Protocol which has static "moods" for conversational direction.
My girlfriend got caught running out of time in some of the decisions in Wolf Among Us. The dialogue keeps going while the prompt is on the screen, and she wanted to hear what everyone had to say before committing.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
My girlfriend got caught running out of time in some of the decisions in Wolf Among Us. The dialogue keeps going while the prompt is on the screen, and she wanted to hear what everyone had to say before committing.
Yes, that is another reason why they are complete bullshit. They require you to be an impulsive, inconsiderate ass who decides things to themselves before hearing others out.

Salsa

I think the summer sale thread is only gonna have "wait for the daily deals" instead of a regular FAQ or something

im looking at the thread now doing the usual copy paste of rules and all from the previous threads and either everyone knows em or those who dont never read them

thread is bloated I tell you

I think the summer sale thread is only gonna have "wait for the daily deals" instead of a regular FAQ or something

im looking at the thread now doing the usual copy paste of rules and all from the previous threads and either everyone knows em or those who dont never read them

Link to that thread, sir?

Which time zone does Valve go off of? Because in the UK it's less than 10 minutes until the 19th.

We should all join hands in a pagan ritual and summon our great GABEN

ipt5Lzp.jpg

I think it'll be 6pm tomorrow in UK time the sale will start.

dot

Hi, here's bundle trash.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 9 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Red Orchestra -- MB-F1A4843FCA7516D5 - Taken by Maddocks. 4 entrants total.
World War 2: Time of Wrath -- MB-DDEBF2C8E1511240 - Taken by Aitor. 1 entrants total.
Journey of a Roach -- MB-DD27C6FB1A96E6BF - Taken by ussjtrunks. 2 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Mirror's Edge (origin) -- MB-CA96DD63D90EA953 - Taken by Kid Ska. 2 entrants total.
Mechanic Escape -- MB-EA506AF62FB16D7E - Taken by redlacs. 2 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Populous (origin) -- MB-FA3FDC358049DDDA - Taken by Boom Boom Pow. 1 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising (origin) -- MB-25AA81A1D58B346B - Taken by PinkCrayon. 5 entrants total.
vRvbDCu.png
Dead Space (origin) -- MB-BAA18C539447AC0A
xheRJRF.gif
Rush Bros -- MB-E7370BB2CB818607 - Taken by fuzzy123. 2 entrants total.

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Red Orchestra was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Mirror's Edge (origin) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Populous (origin) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Uprising (origin) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Dead Space (origin) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Rush Bros was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

t1403133679z1.png

Diedac

Good luck

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Huntsman The Orphanage -- MB-E40635AD49081F07 - Taken by agniswarm
xheRJRF.gif
POSTAL -- MB-34080936A08A67E5 - Taken by Crentist the Dentist. 2 entrants total.
Angvik -- MB-CDAC5E203A5C38DC - Taken by Garcia. 2 entrants total.

t1403143729z1.png

Arthea

This reminds me that I made wait for daily deals gif and posted couple of days ago, this one

Khronico

Well looks like I'll be sitting this sale out for the most part, I just spent my sale money on ps3 games... time to grind more cards I guess.

Caerith

Yes, that is another reason why they are complete bullshit. They require you to be an impulsive, inconsiderate ass who decides things to themselves before hearing others out.

Not only that, but hearing people out gives you the wrong context. There's a scene where Alice and Bob (real names would be spoilery I guess?) are arguing and Alice says something and then Bob argues back. If you pick a response like "What are you talking about?" it seems you're responding to Bob, but it offends Alice because the dialogue prompt came up in response to her.

Garcia

I can't believe it's almost here. I'll have to add funds to my wallet tonight! I just want to play Banished so badly, and get a good discount for Rise of Nations, and a long etc.

I'll try to craft the badge this time.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Not only that, but hearing people out gives you the wrong context. There's a scene where Alice and Bob (real names would be spoilery I guess?) are arguing and Alice says something and then Bob argues back. If you pick a response like "What are you talking about?" it seems you're responding to Bob, but it offends Alice because the dialogue prompt came up in response to her.
Yeah, something like that happened to me, hence me quitting at the start of chapter 2.
Especially with the incredibly stupid "villain" character in the picture.

BTW this is also why I don't hold back in my criticisms of games. It seems Telltale heard the near-unanimous love for TWD and just copied the approach with Wolf when there were serious issues in the gameplay to work out.

Pachimari

I'm enjoying the GOG sales now. Getting so many classic games I remember.

Currently installing Medal of Honor: Allied Assault - Warchest.

K4rxEM2.png

is this too hard

Wow, that's awesome. I was confused by the whole "Wait for the dailies" thing, as I'm relatively new to Steam, and was confused by the whole Summer Sale, dailies, flash sales, etc.

So daily deals, judging by the image, are the lowest a game gets in cost?

Shouldn't the "wait" square go back to the start?

I don't know, man. Seems to me you'd still want a game, even if you couldn't gnab it for as cheaply as you'd want, so going back to the second one makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom