• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

845952918_1852260.gif

this is more legible

Buy orders on the market are live.

New Steam Community Market feature: Buy Orders!

We've updated the Steam Community Market with a new method of purchasing - Buy Orders. A buy order is an order to purchase a commodity item at or below the specified price. This order stays in place until it is fulfilled or cancelled.

Buy orders can only be used on commodity items, which are items that are all identical to each other (no variations in description or function). To start with, we only have marked Half-Life 2 Trading Cards as commodities (links below). We'll expand that as we work through any issues with the system.

You can have multiple buy orders outstanding - up to 10 times your current wallet balance. If an item gets listed for a lower price than what you have on your buy order, you will receive the lower price. The buy order with the highest price gets priority for purchasing newly listed items. If there are multiple orders with the same high price, the oldest buy order gets fulfilled first. Buy orders can be cancelled at any time, by you or the system - if the item changes, if you no longer have enough funds in your wallet, or if there are any issues during an attempted purchase.

MRORANGE

I think the summer sale thread is only gonna have "wait for the daily deals" instead of a regular FAQ or something

im looking at the thread now doing the usual copy paste of rules and all from the previous threads and either everyone knows em or those who dont never read them

thread is bloated I tell you

Here is the OP I am going to use when you get banned 24 minutes before the sales start:

8Laglfu.jpg

and this throughout the thread for a gentle reminder:

ibjBMTf0nnaFJf.jpg

The_Monk

I just finished Dirt Showdown my good people:

2odP1Pi.png

MdGzGNe.gif

h4Ivxus.png

- First of all, I think the biggest mistake was to put the name "Dirt" in this game. There's nothing that can be related to what made Dirt games famous among racing fans and this choice left many people disappointed in the Dirt series. We can only hope for a better future for the upcoming Dirt.

- The TOUR is really, really short. I mean it took me at least twice the time to finished Dirt 2 Tour or Dirt 3 tour. I had no idea they cut so much racing from this game. Not even a 10 Hour long tour, it's a bit embarrassing.

- I couldn't make a single Challenge but this might be on my end or just bad luck. Servers never were available. I had a GAFfer sending me one, the game warned me I had a Challenge upon launching it but I could never get it. Also, after finishing a race if I decided to press "Send Challenge" the game would crash on me. A bit of search in the Steam Community and I can see there are more people with the same issue.

- The Commentator is really, really bad. The choice of words are bad, the vocabulary is very limited and the jokes are, well, they are no jokes at all.

Mfkavun.png

- The selection of cars are good enough to keep you happy with experimenting several cars while upgrading some of them.

- The game can look, really, really good. Believe it or not, but I remember when 4K TV's were released on the Market this game, was one of the games for them to show "pretty visuals" on their TV's while having a powerful PC hooked up. There was even a thread/couple of posts on GAF regarding this.

- Playing at night, in Tokyo is mesmerizing. The lights, the wet floor and the drift really made the game shine during these races.

In the end I can honestly say that it did managed to fix my racing needs but it was not enough and it was too short. Grid Autosport is the game that will give me more content and more time and I can't wait to see that game dropping its price in the upcoming years. Dirt showdown is no more than a snack to eat between meals but while it may satisfy you, it will not last longer. Here's hoping for a better Dirt in the future.

Caerith

Yeah, something like that happened to me, hence me quitting at the start of chapter 2.
Especially with the incredibly stupid "villain" character in the picture.

BTW this is also why I don't hold back in my criticisms of games. It seems Telltale heard the near-unanimous love for TWD and just copied the approach with Wolf when there were serious issues in the gameplay to work out.

Wolf would have been better served as a standalone title rather than trying to cram it into the episodic structure that worked with TWD. TWD episodes had clear unities that make it easy to tell one from another-- the beginning, the dairy, the journey, the city, the finale-- even years later. Wolf episodes don't-- all the episodes just sort of blend together (which isn't a slam against Wolf, but when all the episodes happen back to back, in the same settings, with no change in theme, then maybe they should all be told as a single story).

At least Wolf doesn't seem to have the save game issues that TWD had.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Tiny Barbarian: Chapter 2 is releasing tomorrow:

Hey everyone!

The wait for episode 2 is nearly over, if all goes according to plan we're launching it tomorrow! That's Thursday, 6/19! (US time zones.) Are you excited? Maybe watching this trailer, put together by Jeff Ball (He even composed a new song just for it! What a maniac!), will help!

Link to game footage and new song.

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Btw, I read your name as SansaStark at first. Been watching too much Thrones I think!
You wouldn't be wrong, she's a pretty lady alright.

K4rxEM2.png

is this too hard
Of course it is, I'm not a rocket scientist.

845952918_1852260.gif

this is more legible
So drop my money on Steam like it's hot?
Done.

What show is that?
Fate/Zero I think.

Summer Sale starting and England steamrolled by Suarez Uruguay on the same day. Too much excitement for my heart.
FTFY :)

Here is the OP I am going to use when you get banned 24 minutes before the sales start:

8Laglfu.jpg

and this throughout the thread for a gentle reminder:

ibjBMTf0nnaFJf.jpg
Replace the "Idiot" with Bish's avatar and it'd be perfect.

Would you recommend it for the purpose of comedy? As in friends and a beer laughing at how bad it is, or is it simply boring?

I tried playing it with a friend. You can tolerate a lot when you have someone around to talk to.

We gave up on this game after the first level.

Jintor

I keep seeing something in this thread about dailies, I think what you're trying to tell me is, ignore the dailies and just buy whenever, is that right?

iosefe

So, even though JC2 was just on sale, it's probably going back on for the summer sale, right? still trying to convince people to get it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom