• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garcia

Wow... Here's the lifespan of each consecutive 2013 Summer Sale thread:

#1 (07-11-2013, 12:24 PM) --> (07-13-2013, 12:09 PM) (2 days)
#2 (07-13-2013, 12:09 PM) --> (07-15-2013, 09:00 PM) (2 days)
#3 (07-15-2013, 09:00 PM) --> (07-20-2013, 04:26 AM) (5 days)
#4 (07-20-2013, 04:26 AM) --> (07-21-2013, 01:19 PM) (1 Day)
#5 (07-21-2013, 01:19 PM) --> (07-22-2013, 01:09 PM) (1 Day)

Crazy speed for the first couple of threads. Damn.

Salsa

irj2c2ZdMgbqu.gif

this could come back

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
I was posting something lengthier about Aliens: CM, but decided if I was falling asleep writing it it was probably too long and not worth reading.

My thoughts on the game are thus: It's no Duke Nukem Forever.

I think it's only real selling point is that it's rather faithful in recreating some of the iconic sets of the first two films in 3D, and the soundtrack is a decent ripoff of Aliens. On the other hand, it's more crapping on an already well-crapped on franchise. If you're a fan of the series, you're probably already used to that hurt and will get more out of all the little details and easter egg kinda things.

Nzyme32

Wow, I had only joined GAF a month earlier so probably wasn't as involved back then. That is amazing. Surely we can get 3x the threads this year

iosefe

I like it. The only thing i dont like is the lack of multiplayer in the PC version and no dodge. The A button isn't assigned to anything on the controller and it would of being good if it had dodge in the game. For the $2.50 i paid i like it.

no local? lame.
9.9/10 would buy at 2.50

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Hrmm is there a way to check if keys are used? Sekai Project sent me two more Fault Milestone One keys separately from the humble bundle links.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
oh its a +1 too? thats fine then :p

To clarify, only free games with the new sub type count as owned. Free games available as part of sub 0 do not. So, for example, La Tale counts, but, Marvel Heroes does not. Whether or not Valve intends to deprecate sub 0 almost entirely and move all free games/DLC to the new system remains to be seen.

Jawmuncher

I guess my stance is that pretty much every game is serviceable. I've played a lot of the worst games on the platform. Right, like, Rogue Warrior, 18 metacritic or whatever it is. It's serviceable. So if we accept that serviceable doesn't mean anything and basically every game out there is playable to completion. I mean it'd be pretty hard to make an FPS that wasn't given the availability of standard engine tech. What's the actual standard for a bad game? Like, if Aliens: CM is somewhere in the middle, what shooters on Steam in the last 4-5 years are bad? I haven't played Revelations 2012 yet.

I guess that's a fair point. Every bad game is basically beatable and I know you have played your fair share of them. All I can add is that I guess like everything else it just comes down to preference. I'd give ACM a 6 or 7 but I know you wouldn't have it anywhere near that.

Trejik

Dude, no.
That's why I did it =p

Ihavemadeahorriblemistake.gif

If the game is THAT terrible, it should either A) Be somewhat interesting to critique, or, B) Funny enough for a video.

I really just need excuses to make more video content and use premiere more often.

zkylon

zkylewd
gotta farm the fuk outta my keys

i was waiting for the .10c play for the first time thing with like playfire but i need the free moneys now

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
To clarify, only free games with the new sub type count as owned. Free games available as part of sub 0 do not. So, for example, La Tale counts, but, Marvel Heroes does not. Whether or not Valve intends to deprecate sub 0 almost entirely and move all free games/DLC to the new system remains to be seen.

6XTVRqC.gif

I feel like I'm going to make it out okay for this sale thing.

There's maybe ten or less indie games I'm eying if they hit low enough and Final Fantasy III, which is too new to get low enough for a rebuy.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I feel like I'm going to make it out okay for this sale thing.

There's maybe ten or less indie games I'm eying if they hit low enough and Final Fantasy III, which is too new to get low enough for a rebuy.

I predict at $9.99 sale as a daily maybe.

Salsa

Ghosting is pretty cool but I think I prefer phanter. Kill everything, somehow max Ghost!

yeah.. the scoring in co-op at least is totally borked

for others: playing with Adnor we just killed everyone and even sometimes got into straight up combat and we always maxed Ghost

Just spent a few minutes guiding a friend through the process of buying stuff from the Origin Mexico store. The stuff being a Dragon Age Inquisition pre-order. He asked me why I wasn't getting the game and my answer was "because it's made by Bioware". It then hit me how that used to be a reason to buy their games almost blindly not so long ago. Time flies and all that.

I think if you have a good case, that wouldnt be an issue.
A lot of people are buying such a GPU, then putting it in a 20-30$ case that doesnt offer any "soundproof abilities".

Isn't the 290x supposed to be a bit louder than most and runs pretty hot? Surprised by how quiet my 780 Ti is, although I have a half-decent case as you mention so I'll have to crack it open while a game is running to see how it really sounds.

A:CM is worth the 5 dollars especially after the patches. Stump Hates it but I don't think it was that bad. As was earlier said its serviceable even solo.

High five!

Challenge accepted. I'm a masochist like that. Tomorrow I'm reviewing Aliens: CM.

Don't go in expecting a masterpiece... I went in expecting schlock. And I was pleasantly surprised. Then again, I thought Yaiba was a good time and I'm mostly alone in that too. :p

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
How can you give back when you [almost] never win? :p
I feel like... you're giving back is more of an act of penance than an act of generosity. ;)

I killed a lot of innocent people in my days as a contract assassin...

im kidding

or am I?

derExperte

A:CM is worth the 5 dollars especially after the patches. Stump Hates it but I don't think it was that bad. As was earlier said its serviceable even solo.

It's worse than Alien Resurrection and both AvP movies imo. Something which I thought is impossible but it combines shite gameplay with a superstupid story that craps all over Aliens and Alien³. My god, I feel the anger building up inside. Think happy thoughts. THINK HAPPY THOUGHTS.

mrgone

The bad thing about Steam Sales for me the last couple of years is I pretty much own most of what I want... From other Steam Sales.. LOL

What I'm Looking for:

- X Rebirth....................................... No more than $10
- Remember Me............................... No more than $5
- Ace Combat Assault Horizon.......... No more than $10
- DayZ Standalone............................ No more than $10
- The Forest...................................... No less than %50
- Watch_Dogs................................... No less than %50 (LMAO)
- Lost Planet 3................................... No more than $10

Otherwise, I don't think I'll be looking to much. Maybe a few awesome indies.

I was thinking DayZ myself but i get the feeling it might be a long shot.

Yeah, good luck with that one. :p

Unfortunately I think the chances are better for a extinction level event to destroy all life on Earth before the sale hits than a discount better than (or maybe even equal to) 25% on DayZ during it. I hope I'm wrong, but with the way DayZ is still selling I think it's very unlikely to get a good discount.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Hi,

I am giveaway a few games. Please read the notes below:

Bastion should have no problems with the key. So please don't worry if you submit a request.

A few warnings about the other keys. These were somehow left unused from a previous Modbot submission, so I don't exactly know if Stumpokapow has raffled them off when cleaning Modbot's queue. I am really sorry if they have been taken, Steam doesn't offer a way to check the validity of keys.

ModBot said:
Instructions for everyone:

I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Action RPG:

Bastion is the first effort from indie developer SuperGiant Games, and a great achievement especially in the aesthetic department. It has a narrator that some people find refreshing, while others find it tiresome. It can be toggled off if you do not find it interesting.

Bastion -- MB-D95C192932025267 - Taken by hohoXD123

RPG:

Two Worlds 2 is a interesting if a bit rough around the edges fantasy RPG. Be it a Warrior, Mage or Assassin, the game offers a blend of interesting mechanics combined with interesting locals.

Two Worlds II -- MB-037F2ED156459B79 - Taken by Santiako

Enclave is interesting if only for the um..assets included by the developers. It's a bit older, but I still think it has charm.

Enclave -- MB-002F140310A1192E - Taken by Maddocks

Septerra Core is a interesting game. It has more to do with older console RPG's than the traditional cRPGs offered on PC. I enjoyed it when it first came out, but I would probably suggest you use a walk through if you try and play it today.

Septerra Core:Legacy of the Creator -- MB-72A1EFA4AF5AB42B - Taken by Zeliard

Racing:

Ignite I am not as familiar with. It seems to be a arcade racer instead of one leaning toward a simulation.

Ignite -- MB-71079D9B42EA21FB - Taken by iosefe

Clutch is a interesting potpourri of car combat, racing, and mowing down zombies. The story telling is very rough, and the UI could use work, but the game is decent if you need a game to play while listening to a podcast.

Clutch -- MB-6EF9F82C698A9766 - Taken by Diedac

Santiako

Hi,

I am giveaway a few games. Please read the notes below:

Bastion should have no problems with the key. So please don't worry if you submit a request.

A few warnings about the other keys. These were somehow left unused from a previous Modbot submission, so I don't exactly know if Stumpokapow has raffled them off when cleaning Modbot's queue. I am really sorry if they have been taken, Steam doesn't offer a way to check the validity of keys.

Thanks for Two Worlds 2, I plan on actually playing the game in the near future. I love euro rpgs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom