• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Cache anything with a release date over a year old permanently. Metacritic user scores aren't super valuable, but realistically any change after the first year of release is going to be even less valuable.

Good point. Right now they're all set with an 8 hour expire time, but I guess with thousands of games on Steam and often several tens of thousands of users at once potentially making requests, their Varnish server isn't playing nice.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Hi,

There should be about 90 minutes left!

0B90EB83249089C5D18DF62FA9D9B4C64C6FE9AC

ModBot said:
Instructions for everone:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Sleeping Dogs -- MB-B7B71CF49E3A2409

t1403152388z1.png

Good luck!

Those glowing reviews.

The game isn't as bad as some others on Steam.

Different Giveaway

Hi,

I am giveaway a few games. Please read the notes below:

A few warnings about the key. These were somehow left unused from a previous Modbot submission, so I don't exactly know if Stumpokapow has raffled them off when cleaning Modbot's queue. I am really sorry if they have been taken, Steam doesn't offer a way to check the validity of keys.

ModBot said:
Instructions for everyone:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Ignite I am not as familiar with. It seems to be a arcade racer instead of one leaning toward a simulation.

Ignite -- MB-71079D9B42EA21FB

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Good point. Right now they're all set with an 8 hour expire time, but I guess with thousands of games on Steam and often several tens of thousands of users at once potentially making requests, their Varnish server isn't playing nice.

This may be more trouble than it's worth, but would it be possible to make an exception for F2P games? MMOs and the like tend to have a steady stream of new content throughout their lifespan and thus change notably over time. Team Fortress 2 is the obvious example here.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I would also like an exception for Serious Sam as my concentrated smear campaign should be bearing fruit any day now.

JaseC

I would also like an exception for Serious Sam as my concentrated smear campaign should be bearing fruit any day now.

I played a good ~10 hours of Borderlands 2 yesterday, with a mate. I was having fun... at first, but even co-op can't wash away the taste of utterly awful quest design. Literally every mission in the game is a fetch quest or plays out strikingly similar to one.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
DayZ never went on sale during the last sale, and still was #1 in sales the entire three week period.

It's not going on sale.

same for Spintires (or whatever its called), The Forrest and any game that sells gangbusters. They dont need sales.

Sales arent about being nice, they are about money...shocking, I know

Corpekata

Banned
If you're put off by the shovelware I've found a good metric is viewing games above 10 dollars when browsing the new releases. Not 100 percent obviously but I'd say 80 percent of the questionable titles are launching under 10 bucks. At 10 is sort of the line, below is a red flag. Nearly every notable indie title lately seems to be launching at 15+ recently (Transistor, Xenonauts, Forest, Spintires). Not to say there's not exceptions of course.

JaseC

DayZ never went on sale during the last sale, and still was #1 in sales the entire three week period.

It's not going on sale.

It was 15% off a month ago as part of the Bohemia sale. A week-and-a-half is probably too long for a general discount of 15%, but I think it's quite likely to show up as a Daily.

Are there any uplay restrictions on using other people's saves? As I've mentioned before my Black Flag save with 30 hours of progress was corrupted/bugged and I don't feel like going through all of that again.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I played a good ~10 hours of Borderlands 2 yesterday, with a mate. I was having fun... at first, but even co-op can't wash away the taste of utterly awful quest design. Literally every mission in the game is a fetch quest or plays out strikingly similar to one.
I don't take these opinions just for the sexual thrill of it, or anything.

I think people see me joke around and assume I'm trolling, but you can't get past the awful MMO-style fetch quests and the uninteresting landscapes they make you explore for weapons that are either significantly worse or only marginally better than the ones you're using.

Turfster

18, still great deals.

Yup.

I think people see me joke around and assume I'm trolling, but you can't get past the awful MMO-style fetch quests and the uninteresting landscapes they make you explore for weapons that are either significantly worse or only marginally better than the ones you're using.

Blands 2 is fucking... bland, and the further you get in the game, the more boring and annoying it gets.

gorfyako

Banned
Blands 2 is fucking... bland, and the further you get in the game, the more boring and annoying it gets.

I bet it's nice if you play it single-player and just chill out and listen to some new albums. That's how I got through FFXII, Torchlight, Torchlight 2, and Borderlands. One day I wish to own Borderlands 2 and all its bullshit DLC for like $7.50 or $10 so I can play it like that...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
This may be more trouble than it's worth, but would it be possible to make an exception for F2P games? MMOs and the like tend to have a steady stream of new content throughout their lifespan and thus change notably over time. Team Fortress 2 is the obvious example here.

Don't worry, it'll still pull relevant data, just might be a day or two old in some cases.

Turfster

I bet it's nice if you play it single-player and just chill out and listen to some new albums. That's how I got through FFXII, Torchlight, Torchlight 2, and Borderlands. One day I wish to own Borderlands 2 and all its bullshit DLC for like $7.50 or $10 so I can play it like that...
I played it single player while watching TV series and movies.
Still boring and shit.
Unpacking: I'm sure people worked hard on it, but the gameplay just wasn't there.

JaseC

I'd sunk about 30 hours into when the game back when it released and eventually grew tired of it, but throughout the past ~18 months I'd read more than a few comments saying that co-op greatly adds to the experience. Aforementioned mate was going to play through the campaign solo, but I suggested we give co-op a try, and, well, I probably lasted longer than I would have had I just resumed my SP character, but I don't agree that MP adds to the "fun factor" enough to overlook the fundamental problems with the game's design. By the time we called it a night I'd had my fill.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
hey guys

looking at my wishlist, and gamersgate seems to have a pretty good sale going on now

I think I'll pick up Rayman, and I'm thinking about Darksiders 2. Is Darksiders 2 worth it? I don't think either of them are likely to be cheaper in the summer sale, since they're both like 75-80 percent off

I would love to buy about 10-15 keys. What would be a good price for them besides the one on the steam-market?

hey guys

looking at my wishlist, and gamersgate seems to have a pretty good sale going on now

I think I'll pick up Rayman, and I'm thinking about Darksiders 2. Is Darksiders 2 worth it? I don't think either of them are likely to be cheaper in the summer sale, since they're both like 75-80 percent off

I liked DS2, but the later areas after the first one could get really repetitive. Still had fun with it. The whole looting system is broken though I think.

ulgzbKC.png

ModBot said:
Instructions for Widdly Scuds:
Get these non-Steam keys away from me.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 12 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

ulgzbKC.png
Chompy Chomp Chomp (desura) -- MB-5ACEE3D05F5D2640
ulgzbKC.png
Little Gardens (desura) -- MB-D6D8F136F693DA0F - Taken by SSPssp
ulgzbKC.png
Particulars (desura) -- MB-F71D2A60068A64EA
ulgzbKC.png
Three Dead Zed (desura) -- MB-C2D0529A2BA0C969 - Taken by WinterDemons
ulgzbKC.png
Last Night (desura) -- MB-BC543EFAA5B6B521 - Taken by WinterDemons
ulgzbKC.png
One Finger Death Punch (desura) -- MB-C03518E95F20EAA3 - Taken by Jason Frost
ulgzbKC.png
Exceed 2nd Vampire Rex (desura) -- MB-2B16CC9CD5BAE1C4 - Taken by WinterDemons
ulgzbKC.png
Exceed Gun Bullet Children (desura) -- MB-5DDB70FBD70A376F - Taken by WinterDemons
ulgzbKC.png
Splater (desura) -- MB-9557A4C4B3915AEF
ulgzbKC.png
Super Panda Adventires (desura) -- MB-99E3DE0ECFFCF5CB
ulgzbKC.png
Project Night (desura) -- MB-1FA0A4B69E53222D
ulgzbKC.png
Exceed 3rd Jade Penetrate Black Package (desura) -- MB-8715F1B0F0571793 - Taken by XDDX

I'd sunk about 30 hours into when the game back when it released and eventually grew tired of it, but throughout the past ~18 months I'd read more than a few comments saying that co-op greatly adds to the experience. Aforementioned mate was going to play through the campaign solo, but I suggested we give co-op a try, and, well, I probably lasted longer than I would have had I just resumed my SP character, but I don't agree that MP adds to the "fun factor" enough to overlook the fundamental problems with the game's design. By the time we called it a night I'd had my fill.

Agreed, played through the campaign with my dad and it was garbage. I would have dumped it but he really enjoyed it and I like playing games with him.

hey guys

It was okay, not as good as the first one IMO. Definitely worth 5 bucks or so.

Thanks. And a good place to look for them? :)

Steamtrades, tf2outpost, etc.

Some of the guys in here know better than I do...

But from all accounts the TF2 key market should crash tomorrow... so I'm waiting to see how low they go on the market before I bother grabbing keys from someone looking to offload them.

--

Why is the form for trying to upload a new Steam avatar such a piece of junk?!

KarmaCow

hey guys

Darksiders 2 for $6 is okay. It has some good parts, like the combat which is great but don't be surprised if the game just grinds you down and you never finish it though. It actually has nested "collect three item" quests. The game is just too bloated, both in terms of progression and things like the loot system failing to be anything more than a reason to sift through garbage. I found the port to be sketchy as well. The performance wasn't great and there were many times when the character would stop responding to inputs out of nowhere. The Crucible DLC (aka Bloody Palace or Savage Labyrinth) is probably the best part of the game but 1) it's DLC 2) you need to gear up to really tackle the later levels.

Kid Ska

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
All of you boys and girls (at least in EST) had better get to sleep soon so Gaben doesn't catch you awake when he tunnels through your internet lines to deliver deep discounts to the good PC gamers of the world!

wilflare

sorry to sound like a broken recorder but did anyone purchase an extra
Humble eBook Bundle IV?

I'll PayPal etc lol

---

I really hope in-House Streaming gets supported on Android/iOS phones soon... I'll play more if I can use my Note3 + DS3/DS4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom