• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

maneil99

I don't mind that. Problem is they have these dumbass rules where we must have +rep in certain websites only or "don't use the keys to trade games!!!". WUT??

3 I've met just now are US citizen according to their steam profile.
I can't.....

I can pretend that your paypal is mine and tell you who and when to send the $. I have alot of rep.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Meant to set this up a couple weeks ago but since I've been living in a hospital for the past month this seemed like a low priority. Still I wanted to get this out before tomorrow's festivities! Some of these keys are a little old so I hope they're all still valid.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 31 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Electronic Super Joy -- MB-2282DE0CA8FE8372 - Taken by cardinalmind. 3 entrants total.
The Lord of the Rings Online Steely Dawn Starter Pack -- MB-D26E64872587AFE0
CT Special Forces Fire for Effect -- MB-4B115FD39A35B3DE - Taken by Darth Kupi. 2 entrants total.
A New Beginning Final Cut -- MB-6EB5A0995C0DE367
Fez -- MB-02B6A0B3C578D721
Beatbuddy Tale of the Guardians -- MB-7BBF02ED25CEE596 - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 2 entrants total.
Gravity Badgers -- MB-BDC6AC6BAD11B1E0
QuestRun #2 -- MB-D04308D0A222BB67 - Taken by dinopoke. 1 entrants total.
Fortix 2 -- MB-E9E9F2CCAD1D4CE1 - Taken by Last Baron. 3 entrants total.
Adventure Park -- MB-CB4A02BD9845359B - Taken by Henry Swanson. 1 entrants total.
Journey of a Roach -- MB-78CB8E512F945F6A
Starseed Pilgrim -- MB-D57469821B95BAA7 - Taken by Joe Molotov. 2 entrants total.
Epigenesis -- MB-16ADCE921BAA8149 - Taken by dinopoke. 2 entrants total.
Rock of Ages -- MB-DF76E9C28F15DB1B - Taken by S1n1st3r. 7 entrants total.
Gemini Rue -- MB-486ADB6868E31B37 - Taken by aku:jiki. 1 entrants total.
QuestRun -- MB-9B88A32026C1F547
Bad Hotel -- MB-13EEC71D981EBE4D
Luxor Mahjong -- MB-9CF34673EDDABAC8 - Taken by topyy. 1 entrants total.
Machinaruim -- MB-97467C8371E4AF27 - Taken by denx. 2 entrants total.
BeatBlasters III -- MB-A55FFB3B3BE091CF
To the Moon -- MB-58041524090B74F6
Face Noir -- MB-0D2468AC44ECB572
M.U.D. TV -- MB-0249C0EA0B37BC8C - Taken by Abomination. 2 entrants total.
Gearcrack Arena -- MB-4608B743AA0EFF53
System Shock 2 -- MB-2898DF35D5A41246 - Taken by KainXVIII. 7 entrants total.
BIT.TRIP RUNNER -- MB-686A993823D38AA0
Guardians of Middle Earth -- MB-515C21760EE4764E
Chainz 2 Relinked -- MB-3028A1DD10C2896F
Hamilton's Great Adventure -- MB-80A47B223B779C1F - Taken by Henry Swanson. 1 entrants total.
Zooloretto -- MB-50DB1AEC0ABAC663 - Taken by Gianni Merryman. 1 entrants total.
Half Minute Hero -- MB-A3B61B3CB99BC729 - Taken by Zia. 9 entrants total.

t1403160286z1.png

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dreaming Sarah #2 -- MB-B1F35FF2B64ADD45 - Taken by NingenJanai
Dreaming Sarah #3 -- MB-036299239A237958 - Taken by -MD-
Smooth Operators -- MB-EFAA88406E5FFDA1 - Taken by Baron_Calamity
Ichi -- MB-172E7646BAA4BFDC - Taken by Casimir
Rhythm Destruction #2 -- MB-F4B2EC2E35DBE9CA - Taken by wilflare
Rhythm Destruction #3 -- MB-4F83235F29BE1652 - Taken by iosefe
Rhythm Destruction -- MB-0151F438AA98A0F2 - Taken by Chairmanchuck
Dreaming Sarah -- MB-B20FB2B9C1E6B749 - Taken by SalsaShark

Note: To whomever grabs the used Rhythm Destruction key, PM me and I'll buy a gift copy on Steam once the Summer Sale kicks off.

Meant to set this up a couple weeks ago but since I've been living in a hospital for the past month this seemed like a low priority. Still I wanted to get this out before tomorrow's festivities! Some of these keys are a little old so I hope they're all still valid.

Which Half Minute Hero is being offered?

Grief.exe

Wbacon at Capcom just alerted me to this post, includes a gameplay video at uncapped frame rates.

Allow me to set the record straight -- while Dead Rising 3 is optimized to run at 30 frames per second for gameplay reasons, you can expect it to still run fine uncapped under most conditions provided you have a capable enough hardware. We can’t guarantee that there won’t be issues, and obviously depending on your rig you may see different results. Rest assured the beefier your gaming machine, the smoother your zombie killing experience will be. :)

https://steamcommunity.com/linkfilter/https://mega.co.nz/#F!DkIRRI4b!7sunyPNNiXgCE8hZXN5FKw

Salsa

I took away all other useful steam sites and only left an Enhanced Steam link since it basically covers everything

so im expecting to win the next contest again

wilflare

@Stump, any chance we'll see modbot highlighting which bundles the giveaway games are from? ^^ would help I think XD

EDIT: - it would help me from future embarrassing situations like above! getting a game I already have :p but thankfully, as luck would have it, I got the used key ^^

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
missed Ichi because the Koala King knew I was afk

curse you koala king :(

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I took away all other useful steam sites and only left an Enhanced Steam link since it basically covers everything

so im expecting to win the next contest again

haha awesome.
We love you Salsa

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Hi,

Just a few minutes left!

ModBot said:
Instructions for everone:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Sleeping Dogs -- MB-B7B71CF49E3A2409 - Taken by jmizzal. 18 entrants total.

t1403152388z1.png

Good luck!

ModBot doesn't (and can't) know, but I'd be happy to manually do it for $25 a bundle if it makes your life easier ;)

Just don't check it.

JaseC

Curse you Sayonara Ronin. Y u no use raffle?!

Because they're just bundle games. It's also why I don't have a tag despite having given out what has to be close to 1,500 keys. :p

Edit: I forgot to mention earlier that I combed through Steam's F2P list and ascertained that, at this point, only La Tale and Reversion use the new free sub system mentioned earlier (games are considered owned by just installing them).

I just remember in the past when IG started, you could buy the normal bundle during Happy Hour and you get one extra giftable copy.

Now it seems you can buy the bundle, but need to buy another gift and check the gift-box or something like that. Never understood what they meant by that?
It means:
"Buy 1 bundle, pay 1$ more for another gift" or what?

JaseC

I just remember in the past when IG started, you could buy the normal bundle during Happy Hour and you get one extra giftable copy.

Now it seems you can buy the bundle, but need to buy another gift and check the gift-box or something like that. Never understood what they meant by that?
It means:
"Buy 1 bundle, pay 1$ more for another gift" or what?

It's always been this way, as far as I can remember. For Indie Gala's system to generate gift links you need to buy a bundle as a gift; buying the bundle for yourself again literally does nothing.

topyy

Buy a BTA in the first week,
in the happy hour time buy a 5 pack you got 20 copies.so the price for host is less than $2.

It's always been this way, as far as I can remember. For Indie Gala's system to generate gift links you need to buy a bundle as a gift; buying the bundle for yourself again literally does nothing.

But you get two gifts during happy hour if you buy it as a gift during that time?

I was playing some Spec Ops: The Line the other day (good game, big fan of the soundtrack - both the licensed music and the original score) and I was reminded of one of my gaming pet peeves - games that detect a controller and then force controller input or controller button prompts. I have a wired 360 controller and it stays plugged in all the time, well, except for when I want to play one of these goofy games (I'm looking at you, Spec Ops/Crysis/Metro 2033) that think I must want 360 controller prompts since I have a controller plugged in. Wrong! The best way to handle button prompts is to have them switch on the fly based on whatever input method the player is actually using. Super convenient, no configuration necessary. I haven't ran into this problem in any recent games that I can think of, but then I haven't played a whole lot of recent games. Maybe devs have finally figured it out.

News? About?
Sale starts in 13 hours.

Sorry, I'm new to this. I was just told that Steam do it unannounced, even down to the hour they start.

So I take it people are confident they'll start in 13 hours, therefore am I to believe they're often leaked and these leaks are mostly right?

topyy

But you get two gifts during happy hour if you buy it as a gift during that time?

I think it is buy 1 get 3 or 2 for you, read FAQ.
got 1 or 2 copies from host is still the best way.

from FAQ
If you purchased the HIGH TIER* bundle during the 1st week, during an Happy Hour you'll be able to purchase 1 gift and receive 1 + 3 gifts.
If you purchased the HIGH TIER* bundle after the 1st week, you'd receive 1+2 HIGH TIER* gifts. If you didn't purchase yet the HIGH TIER* bundle, you'd get 1+1 HIGH TIER* gifts.

JaseC

Sorry, I'm new to this. I was just told that Steam do it unannounced, even down to the hour they start.

So I take it people are confident they'll start in 13 hours, therefore am I to believe they're often leaked and these leaks are mostly right?

Leaks are rare. Late last year there was the memo send to publishers, which mentioned the Autumn and Winter Sale start dates, that an indie dev posted on Reddit, while this year there was Paysafecard's ad. That said, it's easy to see the start date when it draws near as deals end earlier than they should (e.g. this week's "Weekly" Deals all end on the 19th rather than the 23rd).

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
the sooner people realise the summer (and winter) sales are just like any other weekend or midweek sale, just with dozens of games instead of 2, the less disapointed they will be

its not some super amazing once in a lifetime ocasion, its just the same old discounts we always get, with the discount getting shittier the newer the games are

also, at least going by the last few sales, 66% seems to be the new 75% so keep that in mind

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom