• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'm sorry.

Joke's on you, Monopoly money is legal tender here!

BrqcjeZ.jpg

What countries is Rise of Nations Extended Edition restricted in?

The four-pack is region-locked at the activation level in South America, Eastern Europe and South-East Asia, but single copies (excluding copies from a four-pack) are not.

ArynCrinn

Banned
Is One Finger Death Punch the first of its genre? I see so much potential in the formula but also feel there's a big waste of opportunity in the game. It might sound as if I'm not enjoying it but the exact opposite is true: I've been playing it for 3 days straight and am still having stupid fun.

I just wish it had many optional gameplay tweaks like combo boosters, time reversal, upgradable power-ups, a much more balanced increase in difficulty, among other things.

I hope we get more games in the future that follow the same route and actually expand the mechanics.

It's definitely a one of a kind game, for sure, it's "called" akin to a brawler and/or rhythm game, but it's really not either of those. It's honestly when you really play it a totally new idea executed to near perfection, the only real parallel to it in my mind gameplay-wise would be Super/Open Hexagon with also focus on scoring.

I'd love those ideas to be implemented, with also styles making gameplay change slightly, and would LOVE to see them in a sequel or huge free "FTL-Style update". And a Bruce Lee "Jeet Kune Do" style mandatory or bust!

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Adding new friends is always good, but it reminds me people need to share more screenshots of their games. Tis fun, try it out.

I always thought that this can be distracting or annoying for some people. I got a dude in my friendlist that posts 30+ screenshots each day. While the screenshots themselves are good, I have to admit that it's pretty annoying to have to scroll past them if I want to check some other activity. I wish Valve would introduce some user-specific filter options, so that I can just block the screens from a particular user without having to remove him from my friendlist

I always thought that this can be distracting or annoying for some people. I got a dude in my friendlist that posts 30+ screenshots each day. While the screenshots themselves are good, I have to admit that it's pretty annoying to have to scroll past them if I want to check some other activity. I wish Valve would introduce some user-specific filter options, so that I can just block the screens from a particular user without having to remove him from my friendlist

They can't hire JShackles fast enough. He's our only hope.

JaseC

Thank you sir. :)

Also, if I have a "none steam game" on my steam list and I decide to play it, will friends be able to see that I am playing that game?

Let's say I installed No One Lives Forever from disc and added it to my Steam list, would others see that I am playing that game?

Yes, but non-Steam activity isn't added to your profile.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Thank you sir. :)

Also, if I have a "none steam game" on my steam list and I decide to play it, will friends be able to see that I am playing that game?

Let's say I installed No One Lives Forever from disc and added it to my Steam list, would others see that I am playing that game?

Yep!

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
problem with steam is..i don't play a lot on my pc even though i have a gaming pc..so i use my pc more for collecting games and never playing them.

steam is evil. can't stop buying sales.

oipic

Added a bunch of you fine folks - the Steam buddy activity feed is always a frenzy at sale time, the more the merrier.

Arthea

Jasec, can you wiz some for me?
steam database insists that I have 42 games currently not sold on steam. That can't be right, even if we exclude betas, it's still too many. Do you know how it is calculated, what's included I mean?

JaseC

Jasec, can you wiz some for me?
steam database insists that I have 42 games currently not sold on steam. That can't be right, even if we exclude betas, it's still too many. Do you know how it is calculated, what's included I mean?

Anything without a store page.

Edit: Oh, and the apps have to be public, obviously (e.g. Chess the Gathering won't appear in the list).

Why do I have to enter a captcha for Steamdb every time all the sudden? Anybody else having this?

Nope. I logged in barely a minute ago and just got the usual OpenID confirmation.

Here's a Rise of Nations Extended Edition. It came from a 4-pack so its restricted in South America, Eastern Europe and South-East Asia. Hope whoever gets it enjoys strategy!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Rise of Nations Extended Edition -- MB-D59169500DA95C8D - Taken by Madridista. 26 entrants total.

t1403174239z1.png

JaseC

Thanks!

How does one level up? Buying games and Steam Achievements?

Buying games earns you XP (the number varies slightly as it's weighted against how many you own; those with more earn less and vice-versa, bottoming out at 1 XP per game), as does crafting badges (100 XP per badge, regular or foil), while Steam achievements aren't tied into it at all. For more details, have a read through the FAQ.

Edit: Oh, and there are non-card-related badges you can earn, such as the Community Ambassador badge. Steam Card Exchange is the best resource for game-related badges while the Wikia-hosted Steam Treasure Hunt wikilists all of the non-game related badges.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Thanks!

How does one level up? Buying games and Steam Achievements?

buying games nets you +1 exp, crafting a badge nets you +100. Steam achievements don't count.

Each 10 levels the level up requirement increases by 100, so for example you need 100 exp for each consecutive level til lv.10, 200 til 20, 300 til 30 and so on...

TripleSun

Dammit if only it wasn't for me watching every Dreamhack Hearthstone game I'd be doing worthwhile things. Hearthstone has like ruined my life.

Oh well 2pm EST? I'll be ready. Also didn't know about that combat mod for Witcher 2, so no reason not to boot up that baby. (Haven't started it yet)

Garcia

It's definitely a one of a kind game, for sure, it's "called" akin to a brawler and/or rhythm game, but it's really not either of those. It's honestly when you really play it a totally new idea executed to near perfection, the only real parallel to it in my mind gameplay-wise would be Super/Open Hexagon with also focus on scoring.

I'd love those ideas to be implemented, with also styles making gameplay change slightly, and would LOVE to see them in a sequel or huge free "FTL-Style update". And a Bruce Lee "Jeet Kune Do" style mandatory or bust!

The hectic nature of OFDP leaves plenty of room for many ideas to be implemented. You're right when you compare it to Super Hexagon; I never thought of that (and now I'm thinking of the possibilities of a score-based Hexagon game!).

I've said this before but it's so exciting to see fresh ideas coming together as a result of mere experimentation in the Indie Scene. I'm eager to see more brawler/reflex oriented games getting released from now on. Have you also played One Way Heroics? It's one of the most exciting experiments I've had the opportunity to check this year.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
oh we're posting steam names? mine isnt hard to guess >_>

also, I finally did a giveaway... for myself yay

2647768-selfie.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom