• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
oh we're posting steam names? mine isnt hard to guess >_>

also, I finally did a giveaway... for myself yay

2647768-selfie.png

Trader or ebay?

KiDdYoNe

Since Salsa is afk... is there anything going on right now? Like, sales cards or something i should buy for reselling later this day? :)

Derp

Easiest way is to collect cards and craft badges.
I've used up all my cards for all the games i play though. Says i don't have anymore card drops, so i'm not sure how to complete the badge :S

So you are a Sales virgin? Oh boy, you better get ready for the feels!
The first steam sale i exprienced was the last Winter one. I bought about 5 games only. I'm not sure i want anything from this sale though... Can't think of anything aside from Transistor.

I really need to know this... I've been level 2 for a few months... It hurts.

Build your wishlist up please.
I just want to be sure. I don't have to add money to my Steam wallet correct? I can just continue paying directly with my credit card?

Yes
I've used up all my cards for all the games i play though. Says i don't have anymore card drops, so i'm not sure how to complete the badge :S

Buy cards. Trade cards. Sell cards.

Arthea

I just want to be sure. I don't have to add money to my Steam wallet correct? I can just continue paying directly with my credit card?

It gets hard to pay via paypal or credit card, if there is some price mistake and store is very busy, so, it's advised to have some money on steam, but basically, yes, you don't need it.

so the mysterious thing appeared on my badges thing

was that there yesterday?

you slept for a week?
man... I'm jealous

Buy cards from the market (for cheap). Craft badges. Rinse, repeat.

Or idle for cards with Steam Achievement Manager

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
oh we're posting steam names? mine isnt hard to guess >_>

also, I finally did a giveaway... for myself yay

2647768-selfie.png

I will add you as a friend, then gift Dark Souls II season passes to all our common friends from GAF (who own Dark Souls II) to make you suffer.

aScaris

eaKJzHJ.png

well shit

edit:

VSbRLrJ.png

well shit

Just out of curiosity, whats the limit? ^^

Jesus, Steam just got a whole bunch more complex and awesome.

What's "Crafting Badges"? Is that like designing your own or something?

You have to collect all cards from one game to craft a badge. The cards themselves are basically HD wallpapers of said game and the badge will reward you with emoticons, backgrounds and exp. Just select a card and click on progress to see the cards you still need

Thezez

Banned

Yeah, cards are a bit tricky like that, you can wait and hope you get a booster pack at some point to complete them (may take a while), you can buy the cards you're missing on the marketplace (usually for a few cents each) or you can trade some cards with all your new friends!

Copons

Why you giving out your profile links like today is our last day? Is this something like see you on the other side?

Unrelated: I'm still struggling to understand how Buy Order works.
Is it something like: I go to an item, I tell Steam I want to buy X of that item at Y euros, and he automagically buy it X times whenever it's available at Y price?

Wouldn't this be a potential catastrophe for anyone who's trying to get
totally
rich selling overpriced cards like me? Or even, wouldn't this be the legitimization of the definitive rush to undercutting prices?

Like, if I want to order a card, I'd check its current price (let's say, a bunch of 0.08 and some 0.09 in the first page), and then place the order at 0.08 or even at 0.07.
At the same time, sellers will see their cards piling up unsold, until they're forced to sell them at the current lowest (or even under) price.

Eh, dunno dunno. :(

Myshkin

Hmm. How do you assign a nickname to someone on Steam now?
I used to do it by opening a chat window and selecting a menu option there, but that doesn't work anymore.

Tizoc

Not at this stage. The current -20% code expires tomorrow, though (4pm UTC/GMT), so keep an eye out for its replacement.

Thanks hopefully the next one will allow gmg credit to be used haha.

Gonna aim to finish Marlow Briggs then jump into Hard Reset.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Some games have cards that you get by playing a game. Then you buy the remaining cards off the market and craft a badge. There's multiple levels of normal badges, but only one level of foil badges, which are rarer drops.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hmm. How do you assign a nickname to someone on Steam now?
I used to do it by opening a chat window and selecting a menu option there, but that doesn't work anymore.

Open your friends list using the client (View -> Friends) and right-click their name.

If you play a Game now, you will get cards, if the Game has some.

If a game has 6 cards, you can get 50%, so 3 cards. The others you have to trade for or buy them on the Steammarket. If you have all cards, you can craft a badge, get a profile background, an emoticon and normaly some coupons for Games as well as 100XP for your Steamlevel.

Edit: Or you can sell the cards you earn for Steam-Wallet money.

aScaris

300 by default, plus a further five for every profile level you earn. For example, I have 600 slots as I'm level 60: 300 + (60 x 5) = 600.

OK, so I'm far from reaching the limit :D I don't really understand why the limit increases with your steam level... Maybe someone thought of something when they integrated it

Salsa

300 by default, plus a further five for every profile level you earn. For example, I have 600 slots as I'm level 60: 300 + (60 x 5) = 600.

im at level 20 and it shows 400 to me

yet I just deleted 36 more people and its still at 400/400

shit's totally broken

Thanks for all the help guys. I'm currently watching YouTube vids on it.

Shit, I had 4/8 Civ V ones, but I put one up for sale. Anyway to remove it?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom