• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've got 62 out of 410 possible friends, I guess you could say I'm kind of a big deal now.

#networking #buildingthelist

hxQoHNy.png

Arthea

I added most everyone that posted until steam started giving me "error adding friend. pls try later"

http://steamcommunity.com/id/shrimpandwhitewine/

I have this nasty bug reappearing with insistence of overused meme, where I can't add anybody on steam. And as far as I know, nobody else is experiencing it. I sometimes get this message you do, and sometimes steam begins insisting that such people are my hallucinations and don't really exist.

Salsa

you guys sure make it hard to fucking delete people tho

I feel like everyone rings a bell but the mismatched avatars/names compared to GAF dont help

I ussually just go by last time online.

aScaris

Thanks for all the help guys. I'm currently watching YouTube vids on it.

Shit, I had 4/8 Civ V ones, but I put one up for sale. Anyway to remove it?!

If it was sold already just check the market for the card, prices are usually quite stable so you should not make too much of a loss (maybe $0.03) rebuying it

I feel like everyone rings a bell but the mismatched avatars/names compared to GAF dont help

Mine's like the exact same. Imma retaliate by removing you from my 3DS friends if you remove me, bro.
jk

Salsa

also idk what's up with the xelios situation but I tried to add him, got rejected, then added him again and wrote a pm to him here saying I added him, got rejected again

I know he basically shut himself off everyone but I feel like I did something :(

aScaris

lol it's cool. A lesson learned. Can I ever get that card back through the game now, or could a random 4th card drop instead?

Nope, card drops are one time and not related to the cards in your inventory. Your only chances to get the card now are the market place or direct trading with friends

Nope, card drops are one time and not related to the cards in your inventory. Your only chances to get the card now are the market place or direct trading with friends

Hmmm how does trading work, though? Like if I have to trade with a friend, won't it simply remove a card from my collection to get another one, meaning I'd still be one less down?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Why you giving out your profile links like today is our last day? Is this something like see you on the other side?

Unrelated: I'm still struggling to understand how Buy Order works.
Is it something like: I go to an item, I tell Steam I want to buy X of that item at Y euros, and he automagically buy it X times whenever it's available at Y price?

Wouldn't this be a potential catastrophe for anyone who's trying to get
totally
rich selling overpriced cards like me? Or even, wouldn't this be the legitimization of the definitive rush to undercutting prices?

Like, if I want to order a card, I'd check its current price (let's say, a bunch of 0.08 and some 0.09 in the first page), and then place the order at 0.08 or even at 0.07.
At the same time, sellers will see their cards piling up unsold, until they're forced to sell them at the current lowest (or even under) price.

Eh, dunno dunno. :(

There are two ways to increase profit, by volume and profit margin.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
lol it's cool. A lesson learned. Can I ever get that card back through the game now, or could a random 4th card drop instead?

You could get the same card again if you have drops remaining. Sometimes you can get the same common card three times in a row. If you don't have any drops left, you might get a booster pack that randomly shows up in your inventory one day.

zkylon

zkylewd
also idk what's up with the xelios situation but I tried to add him, got rejected, then added him again and wrote a pm to him here saying I added him, got rejected again

I know he basically shut himself off everyone but I feel like I did something :(
:(

i miss xelios

aScaris

Hmmm how does trading work, though? Like if I have to trade with a friend, won't it simply remove a card from my collection to get another one, meaning I'd still be one less down?

You can also give him cards for other games or coupons or whatever you two think is fitting. The marketplace is mostly easier though ^^

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Jesus, Steam just got a whole bunch more complex and awesome.

What's "Crafting Badges"? Is that like designing your own or something?

Many games drop trading cards, with the amount of drops you receive depending on the game type:

Paid games: drop amount equal to half of the amount of cards if even (e.g. 8 cards = 4 drops), or half + 1 if not (e.g. 9 cards = 5 drops)
F2P games: one drop for every ~$10 spent in-game (DLC bought on the store also counts)

Once you've used up your drops, you're eligible for a booster pack, which will appear in your inventory periodically (the higher your level the more frequent the booster pack deliveries), but the best way to complete a set of cards (and thus craft a badge) is to either buy what you need from the market (yes, you can sell your cards/booster packs for Steam Wallet funds if you'd prefer*) or trade dupes or otherwise unwanted cards among your friends (you can see who on your list has the cards you're after by visiting your badge page and clicking through the game-specific page). Crafting a badge earns you 100 XP, a discount coupon^ and an emoticon + wallpaper related to the game in question; with every level you earn five additional friend slots and every 10 levels earns you a showcase slot for your Steam Community profile (favourite game, rarest achievements and whatnot). Regular badges can be levelled up five times while foil badges (crafted using foil cards, which are rarer and thus pricier) just the once.

For more info on trading cards, there's an FAQ here.

* Install Enhanced Steam as it will allow you to sort your badge list by most valuable drops.
^ These are replaced with mysterious cards around a week-and-a-half prior to the beginning of the Summer and Winter Sales; once the sale begins, they'll automagically turn into sale-specific cards.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.

clearly you removed me since I dont have you anymore

thanks Salsa :(

You can trade a card from lets say HL2 to a card from CS:Go.

So if you want to make the CS:Go Badge, you will earn 1 CS: Go Card you need and lose 1 HL2 card.

Pachimari

It gets hard to pay via paypal or credit card, if there is some price mistake and store is very busy, so, it's advised to have some money on steam, but basically, yes, you don't need it.

you slept for a week?
man... I'm jealous
Hmm alright. I would have preferred to just have my money on my credit card in case I'm not buying too much on Steam, then I could use then on a Nintendo game.

Deques

Some game that's been in my inventory for a while. It includes Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last week, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Guacamelee! Gold Edition -- MB-16C01F97CB02E79C

t1403176737z1.png

I have to say I love this community.

Your unwavering help, quick response, and easy to understand tips are brilliant.

Thanks again for all the help, and sorry for all the questions! lol

Edit: Inb4 I spend more on trading cards than games! lol

aScaris

Your unwavering help, quick response, and easy to understand tips are brilliant.

Steam can be pretty overwhelming when you start to discover all its layers, so feel free to ask :D

On another note, what were the developers of La-Mulana thinking when they made this trading card? (I hope you can see it, I just copied the link from my steam browser)

9a76ae25eb784f1f2ed22c5cc4693885a0edc519.jpg

Derp

This^

You guys are amazing. And i'm honored to have sparked a friend-adding spree, haha.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
wait what does adding friends do

Let's you stalk follow people easier and keep track of what they are doing, see what games are being bought, quick to discover reviews from those you know, etc. Good fun.

Steam can be pretty overwhelming when you start to discover all its layers, so feel free to ask :D

On another note, what were the developers of La-Mulana thinking when they made this trading card? (I hope you can see it, I just copied the link from my steam browser)

http://cdn.akamai.steamstatic.com/steamcommunity/public/images/items/230700/9a76ae25eb784f1f2ed22c5cc4693885a0edc519.jpg[/][/QUOTE]

A joke on the standard type of swimsuit photo shots Japanese actresses get when a show is doing well over there.

9a76ae25eb784f1f2ed22c5cc4693885a0edc519.jpg
They were thinking of one person in particular.
PBd1fTe.png

Arthea

NSFW.pic

I think you know what they were thinking, it's painfully obvious (><)

Arthea

The best thing about having many steam friends, is activity feed: you don't miss any deals, as all of your fl keeps buying the same game, you see reviews, screenshots and what people are playing. Not to mention what you can learn from friend statistics on steam.

Copons

Guys, it would seem inappropriate/unpolite if I post a list of names on my friend list that I don't have the slightest idea of who they are but with all chances come from here?

Right guys, one last question I swear.

So I've got all of these now (had to buy the remaining ones)

WGUN9Sb.png

If I craft the badge, will all these disappear? As in, I won't be able to use them for wallpapers? (I take it that's their use).

Also, are they the backgrounds I keep seeing on people's profiles? Or can you have a custom background once you gain the ability at a certain level?

Guys, it would seem inappropriate/unpolite if I post a list of names on my friend list that I don't have the slightest idea of who they are but with all chances come from here?
I would think that this would be the place to do that if you didn't want to ask them one by one.

^^ Yes, Astute. The cards disappear in the process of making the badge. No, they aren't for using as backgrounds. When you make a badge you get a random wallpaper from that game's set to use on your profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom