• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Volimar

Just in case anyone is confused. sherwood513 is my steamID, but Volimar is in the url to look me up. So you might want to tag my ID to know it's me
so you know where to send all the gifts

da fuq you remove me for Salsa?

At least you knew the glory of Salsa's love for a time. My invitation sits waiting, alone, forgotten....

:'(

:p

Arthea

Right guys, one last question I swear.

So I've got all of these now (had to buy the remaining ones)
pic

If I craft the badge, will all these disappear? As in, I won't be able to use them for wallpapers? (I take it that's their use).

Also, are they the backgrounds I keep seeing on people's profiles? Or can you have a custom background once you gain the ability at a certain level?

Cards will disappear, yes, so if you wanna save pic, do that before crafting badge.
After crafting badge, you'll get summer sale card (random), some background and emote.

aScaris

If I craft the badge, will all these disappear? As in, I won't be able to use them for wallpapers? (I take it that's their use).

Also, are they the backgrounds I keep seeing on people's profiles? Or can you have a custom background once you gain the ability at a certain level?

The trading cards are just wallpapers for your desktop. If you like them you can save them and craft the badge afterwards, which makes the cards disappear. The backgrounds on peoples profiles are rewards from crafting badges

oipic

The best thing about having many steam friends, is activity feed: you don't miss any deals, as all of your fl keeps buying the same game, you see reviews, screenshots and what people are playing. Not to mention what you can learn from friend statistics on steam.

This, and Steam leaderboards - I'm not a bit multiplayer guy, but I love having you all inside my games on friend leaderboards. Someone has to be on the bottom of said leaderboards, and I'm happy to be that guy.

WGUN9Sb.png

Yeah. You will lose them. If you want to get a badge level 2 you would need to buy or trade them all again.

The profile pictures are the ones you get from crafting a badge. You will get a special one for Civilization if you craft the badge for that Game. Same with the emoticon.

You cant set a custom-background for your profile though. Only the ones you get by crafting or buying from the market for a few cents.

Salsa

I seriously removed people with the blandest most unrecognizable names in the world

so: the hell are you guys doing

anyway, shoot me a pm and i'll add back. I wanna have any regular on here

Copons

I would think that this would be the place to do that if you didn't want to ask them one by one.

My fear is that it could potentially open the gate of hell, with a neverending streak of similar posts. :D

Oh well. Please don't fuck up y'all!

At the moment I don't know who these names are:

D_Nowitzki
hellen_keller
OrfanaBorshon
regentropfen (he just added me and his profile is private)

Please don't be offended, my memory just suck the hardest. :(

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Ah yes, Steam leaderboards. Another great reason to have so many friends. Especially if it's for Pinball FX2.

Well time for me to be off. I need to be alert and awake for the World Cup games and for the sale in several hours. See you all in what I assume will be a dedicated Steam Sale thread.

Garcia

One of the best and most useful things about having more friends on Steam is being able to see their Screenshot Activity. I've based several purchases on that feature alone; you can easily tell if someone is truly enjoying a game.

Friend reviews are also really helpful for that matter.

I still haven't traded any cards with my contacts, but I'm pretty sure that's going to change during this Summer Sale.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
off to bed so I wake up near sale time for DEM PRICE MISTAKES BABY

easily the most exciting part of any sale

oipic

The best thing about having many steam friends, is activity feed: you don't miss any deals, as all of your fl keeps buying the same game, you see reviews, screenshots and what people are playing. Not to mention what you can learn from friend statistics on steam.

This, and Steam leaderboards - I'm not a big multiplayer guy, but I love having you all inside my games on friend leaderboards. Someone has to be on the bottom of said leaderboards, and I'm happy to be that guy.

Edit: oipic, double-posting on the internet since 1994.

Salsa

example A the bastard that is Casimir

look at this:

Mya40do.png

it's pink, its cute, his name is Casimir

what does the steam profile of this person look like?

gjgDkAt.png

OH YEAH, you know, Casimir from GAF I totally made that connection

the fuck are you people doing

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

WGUN9Sb.png

You can have your cake and eat it, too: craft the badge and grab the card art from here. The wallpapers you see on profiles are different as they have to take into account page layout -- they're the ones you earn upon crafting a badge, but again you can just get them from the aforementioned site for desktop use or you can install Enhanced Steam if you want to "cheat" and use the wallpaper on your profile without crafting.

This, and Steam leaderboards - I'm not a big multiplayer guy, but I love having you all inside my games on friend leaderboards. Someone has to be on the bottom of said leaderboards, and I'm happy to be that guy.
I swear I just saw this post. I think I'm going insane. That delayed double post though

look at this:

Oh yeah, I was having trouble with that too. Casimir in particular, anyway. :p Gotta go add that nickname now.

Salsa

do you guys have like, such separate online personalities from your GAF profiles that it kills you to put the same name or avatar?

you bunch of famous people with online reputations you

Tizoc

I'll be at work when the sale starts but will be home in time to work towards cards or get a game i'd be interested in.
...but i might miss out on misprices >_>;

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member

look at this:

Mya40do.png

gjgDkAt.png

*love*

Just in case anyone is confused. sherwood513 is my steamID, but Volimar is in the url to look me up. So you might want to tag my ID to know it's me
so you know where to send all the gifts

At least you knew the glory of Salsa's love for a time. My invitation sits waiting, alone, forgotten....

Yea, yea. I added you. :)

Salsa

look at this guy:

Lbn0YMQ.png

same avy, same name

he actually uses the other, actual name function to put his totally ridiculous made up online handle: Nick

you all oughta learn

I seriously removed people with the blandest most unrecognizable names in the world

so: the hell are you guys doing

anyway, shoot me a pm and i'll add back. I wanna have any regular on here

Nah, it's OK, you only wanted me for my games and gifts anyway. You never spoke to me once after the gifting. ONCE. I felt like a cheap tacky Steam Whore. Still can't wash the taint of salsa from my account.

Aerocrane

It's going to be so much fun when the summer sale starts and Steam support still hasn't bothered to allow me to make purchases again. It's taken two weeks already and this is before the start of the summer sale. I can't wait to see how much slower the customer support will be when the sale is on.

Nah, it's OK, you only wanted me for my games and gifts anyway. You never spoke to me once after the gifting. ONCE. I felt like a cheap tacky Steam Whore. Still can't wash the taint of salsa from my account.
Try using some chips.

And I only shorten my Steam handle since my name is kinda long as hell. Makes it easier on me, anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom