• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Garcia

The following text will be Caps'd in order to reflect the intensity of feels this user is experiencing right now:

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME!? RISE OF NATIONS IS ABOUT TO GET GET RELEASED ON STEAM? HMMMMPPPPHHHHH!!!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So, I've just started Skyrim and I noticed they managed to put some motherfucking terrifying giant spiders in the motherfucking tutorial.

Is there a mod who replace spiders with funnier stuff like i dunno saoirse ronan or something?

I'd probably be compelled to finish Skyrim if there were such a mod. :p

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

Take control of a random dog and try to survive harsh domestic life. This is a pet simulator where you are the pet, not the owner. Play, eat, drink, and sleep, remember to take care of yourself or else you will die. Stay in a good mood to earn gifts and new toys! Participate in mini games like taking a walk, dog soccer, digging, dog races and much more to stay happy and healthy!

Currently 75,937,500 possible dog combinations

FEATURES:

- Take control of labs, robot dogs, alien dogs, huskies, VR hover dogs and more!
- Virtually unlimited combinations of dogs and houses
- Get enough food, water, fun, exercise and sleep to stay healthy and alive
- Use your hard-earned dogcoin to buy gadgets, art, and more for your home
- Rob a dogfood warehouse and never go hungry again
- Minimalistic interface, no clunky menus or clutter
- Enjoy the effects of special powerups like iced coffee, dognip, and more
- Ground-breaking 180p resolution (scalable to 1080p)
- Level up to unlock new activities to engage in!
- Participate in events and minigames to earn cash and experience points
- Go for walks, dig for bones, and race against other dogs
- Play frisbee, soccer, and other dog sports
- Tons of toys to play with
- Day/night cycle

Greenlight is a very strange magical place.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Regarding region locks, anybody know how people are bypassing Sniper Elite 3 region lock?

The ROW sub has no purchase-restricted countries and so Eastern Europeans can use a trick to buy it, but this can end badly for traders as it did for many who took great advantage of the same loophole to buy South Park ROW in mass quantities.

There is a mod that'll change spiders into bears, it's been around since Skyrim's launch.
Edit: oh you're talking about Ronan nor spiders

Of course. ;) I'm Australian. Spiders are our bros!

Good Morning and enjoy

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta -- MB-561B523379EB22E2 - Taken by Nabs

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I guess "(Mostly) Old Games In Long-Running Series That May or May Not Still Be Playable Sale" didn't have quite the same ring to it. >.>

(Speaking of old, some of you OldGAF geezers and geezettes might get a chuckle out of this. It definitely had me feeling my years. :p )
Truth, but having Fifa 10 as the newest on sale is very stupid... but then, it's EA so eh.
Also, #dead.
The kid was right though!
it is better than flappy goat bird

I'd probably be compelled to finish Skyrim if there were such a mod. :p
Wait what?
How can you even be aust--
Of course. ;) I'm Australian. Spiders are our bros!
Ah, nevermind >_>

Tizoc

Anyone know what the actual confirmed character roster is for Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark?
EDIT: Any word on if it'd be region locked?

snu%252520snu.jpg

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Murdered: Soul Suspect reviews are varied as I expected it. The range for reviews is 5-9, basically. A lot of 6's, 7's, and 8's. IGN gave it a 5.5/10, Eurogamer.cz gave it an 8/10, Kotau says no, VentureBeat gave it an 89/100, Escapist gave it a 2.5/5, Joystiq gave it a 3.5/5, MMGN gave it an 8.5/10; Basically there's as many 5s and 6s as there are 7s and 8s.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Is Mafia 2 any good?

Its quite good as long as you realize it's not an open world game in the tradition of GTA, where you are usually presented with multiple side missions and activities; and not penalized for causing wanton mayhem. Its more of a linear third person shooter that has a world you can technically drive around freely.

Also, dinosaur easter eggs and a great call back to events in Mafia 1.

Woo, just finished Child of Light. That was pretty rad.

It is objectively better, the only thing that's debatable is the UI changes and the Desktop/Metro separation

"This scone is objectively better, the only thing that's debatable is the poop that's rubbed all over it"

Sober

Murdered: Soul Suspect reviews are varied as I expected it. The range for reviews is 5-9, basically. A lot of 6's, 7's, and 8's. IGN gave it a 5.5/10, Eurogamer.cz gave it an 8/10, Kotau says no, VentureBeat gave it an 89/100, Escapist gave it a 2.5/5, Joystiq gave it a 3.5/5, MMGN gave it an 8.5/10; Basically there's as many 5s and 6s as there are 7s and 8s.
This game has like no hype. I didn't play it at PAX this year. And I can't even really tell you what the game is about except you died and you're a ghost trying to solve your own murder.

_hekk05

Banned
This is not a post to flame someone, nor is it a post to drive someone out of Gaf. It serves to highlight an issue of integrity, and it is something some of Gaf (which includes me) feel quite strongly about. Please do not send hate mail or flame said person in question. Please be gentlemen/ladylike.

So it was brought to my attention by a Gaffer who wishes to remain anonymous and un-antagonistic, that a certain Gaffer has been at it again. Something that those of us at SteamGaf have time and time again told him/her not to do, that it was wrong, that it should be punished. I'm afraid that all of our warnings and pleas have fallen on deaf ears.

That someone is fantomena. He is using SAM to cheat achievements again.

Should any of you not remember, or are unfamiliar with the situation, you may peruse the past kerfuffle starting from here.

In my opinion, PlayFire is doing a wonderful service. With collecting games being a thing, what with all these bundles (not to say there's anything wrong with collecting games), PlayFire aims to get more people to play some games they might otherwise not bother with. If you liked it, then you have experienced something you otherwise would not have. If you didn't, maybe you could leave a comment or send an email to the developer with your criticisms and suggestions. No matter what, you earn some credits that you can put towards your next game. It's a win-win situation.

These are the Playfire achievements for Prototype, and as of this post, you have 3 days and 17 hours to earn them.
Prototype 2 - play for the first time - £0.10
Prototype 2 - unlock I Caught a Big One! - £0.10
Prototype 2 - unlock So Above It All - £0.25
Prototype 2 - unlock All Growed Up - £0.50

This is a screenshot of fantomena's Prototype 2 stats.

This is a link to his current Prototype 2 stats.

As you can see, he has since removed those achievements. Whether it was due to his conscience, or because someone called him out on it, I do not know. All I know is that he told us this:
I thought it was pretty chlear after all I have written. Not by choice is when you use SAM to unlock achivevement while you maybe don't know about the rewards system or bugged achievements.

By choice is like thinking "Yes, now I am going to use SAM to cheat Playfire".

and this:
I actually never used SAM for the rewards, only to idle trading cards. :)

You may not have cheated PlayFire credits out of this, since PlayFire tracks achievements only at certain times, but it has certainly demonstrated that you are willing and able to do so. You are willing to ruin what many of us would not believe will occur just a few years ago, that we would get money (well credits are pretty much moneys) to play games.

This is an issue of integrity. You are supposed to be a reviewer. How are we supposed to trust you as a reviewer, when you seem so willing to cheat the system for your own benefit? This makes you worse than those journalists who attended that Watch Dogs event and accepted free Nexuses. How are we supposed to react to you as a person?

I wish you will apologise to RadMonkey, and request (not wait for a punishment to be meted out, but to actively approach him) that your steam account be unlinked from your GMG/PlayFire account, that all your credits be removed, and that you be banned from the PlayFire service. After all, you have demonstrated that you cannot be trusted with this service, which is in part based on trust that you are not using SAM.

I wish you also apologise to Copons and r3n4ud, who asked that we stop admonishing you and to move on. You have failed their trust.

Thank you for reading.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
*Sees giant wall of text followed by the post's title* This is going to be about fant-

That someone is fantomena. He is using SAM to cheat achievements again.

Yep.

On a lighter note, Groupees' Be Mine 13 bundle is now live. Second tier is $4 as was earlier speculated.

If anyone still doesn't know what's in the bundle:

$1 tier:
  • Legend of Dungeon
  • Antisquad
  • Alpha Kimori™ 1
$4 tier:
  • Nekro
  • Miasmata
  • The Longest Journey
  • Spate
  • Mystery Game

I probably shouldn't say anything, but whatever:

We have people who cheat for achievements
We have people who claim 100s of games and their only contribution to the thread is saying "thanks for..."
We have people who enjoy Bioshock Infinite

The ignore, block and PM features are there for a reason. I don't think calling people out like that is going to help anything.

On a lighter note, Groupees' Be Mine 13 bundle is now live. Second tier is $4 as was earlier speculated.

Tempting, but might have to wait for the mystery game reveal. Miasmata is one I have wanted to try for a while, but $4 is pushing it.

Tizoc

I'd like to hear more impressions of Nekro before I drop $4 on it.
Imagine if they do the same thing as a previous BM bundle where they showed a vague image which we all speculated was Banner Saga XD

BTW, how is Wolfenstein 3D? I never played Doom 1 or 2 and don't have much interest in them.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.

If anyone still doesn't know what's in the bundle:

$1 tier:
  • Legend of Dungeon
  • Antisquad
  • Alpha Kimori™ 1
$4 tier:
  • Nekro
  • Miasmata
  • The Longest Journey
  • Spate
  • Mystery Game
That's a pretty awesome bundle! The Longest Journey alone is worth the price. I don't think i've ever seen it this cheap.

Miasmata and Legend of Dungeon look pretty interesting as well, I just might bite! Haven't bought a bundle in ages. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom