• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

denx

That's an awfully specific list, Turfster. Did someone let slip with the info, or are you just engaging in some really in-depth speculation?

I think it's based on what appears on the trailer.

In any case, this looks to be a pretty hype bundle. Hope that list is right, Legend of Dungeon, Nekro and The Longest Journey already make this bundle worth having.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
I think it's based on what appears on the trailer.

In any case, this looks to be a pretty hype bundle. Hope that list is right, Legend of Dungeon, Nekro and The Longest Journey already make this bundle worth having.

Like Stump said, there's a preview that confirms those games are in the bundle.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Can't wait for Miasmata (even if it looks janky as shit), dat cartography son!

oipic

FYI: the Groupees folks have indicated that there's two tiers, but I don't think there has been any confirmation as to which games are in which tier (other than confirmation that the higher tier will receive a mystery/bonus title).

FYI: the Groupees folks have indicated that there's two tiers, but I don't think there has been any indication as to which games are in which tier (other than confirmation that the higher tier will receive a mystery/bonus title).

I think they have dropped the price of the higher tier by a dollar, so I imagine it will be $3-$4 for the second one. There is also a mystery game and the standard 2-4ish bonus games and albums.

Tellaerin

We went over this when the trailer went up for the first time before the weekend.

I missed that particular conversation, unfortunately. I'd like to think I'm usually pretty good on keeping up to date on what's happening here, but occasionally I'll miss something. Sorry, man.

Turfster

I missed that particular conversation, unfortunately. I'd like to think I'm usually pretty good on keeping up to date on what's happening here, but occasionally I'll miss something. Sorry, man.

Oh, it wasn't meant as a rebuke or anything.
I was just telling you how we got to the list ;)

Tellaerin

So EA's running this 70% off sale on "Games You'll Actually Play" on Origin right now.

One of the games they're advertising is Bulletstorm.

Do they know something that we (or at least I) don't? Or are they really suckering people into buying a game that's going to be completely unplayable?

Turfster

So EA's running this 70% off sale on "Games You'll Actually Play" on Origin right now.

Do they know something that we (or at least I) don't? Or are they really suckering people into buying a game that's going to be completely unplayable?

It's EA. They still haven't admitted to being the reason for a crapload of credit card frauds through FIFA on all formats.

EA did win 'Worst Company in America' two years in a row for a reason.

Salsa

this summer sale is gonna be pretty crazy man, and im not prepared at all financially

I skipped so much stuff, there's gonna be a lot I want here

kinda makes me think of all the times I did had money during sales and bought stuff I didnt even play yet compared to how much stuff I know i'd play right away now

just kinda

Salsa

yet to play Miasmata but I might just dive right in (own it for a while) considering The Forest seems pretty early to get still and it might scratch that itch

Will try this again.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible (And not just 5+ "thanks for ..." posts, please)
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

fnyoex.png

Fuel -- MB-20A6DFFFC6475B40 - Taken by Tellaerin. 6 entrants total.

jcjpe9.png

Clive Barkers Jericho -- MB-67FBB7EFF7275393 - Taken by PLASTICA-MAN. 2 entrants total.

t1401766768z1.png

ArynCrinn

Banned
Yeah... I did that! On Blind Survival Mode to boot. :D One Finger Death Punch, for those who live under rocks. ;p

tN2OZ9B.jpg

ktmku9J.jpg

Got a question for you guy's though, I'm planning to do a Perfect-Play (Platinum/Perfect rounds) of the hardest Speed Rounds on Grandmaster Difficulty. And I want some input on a great track to use for my 70th new vid I'll be uploading all together. Right now, I'm leaning towards the CKY Freestyle Chinese Rap, but any other suggestions for it?

maneil99

Age of Empires / Mythology / Rise of Nations have all been retroactively region locked, if they are in your library you are fine, if they are in your inventory you're fucked unles Valve helps you which they won't. I was so close to buying RoN too. Still remember buying Wargame Red Dragon 5 minutes after the lock before the tag got applied. Not a fan of retro active locks at all, really shitty business practice, I understand locking games if you see to many sales being exported to ROW users but don't fuck people over that have already bought it and make sure your freaking tags work the moment it's activated.

/Rant

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
I honestly haven't had any issues with 8.1. With Classic Start Menu it's pretty much exactly like 7 if not better.
It is objectively better, the only thing that's debatable is the UI changes and the Desktop/Metro separation (which will be mostly gone in a future update with windowed Metro apps).

The fact that it takes over an entire screen for no good reason is still rage-inducing.
Fuck you Microsoft, I don't want to use your stupid tiles, I'm just here for the run textbox, so just put that in a corner or something without all the rest of this shit.
They did that already a long time ago, just press Win+S
(If you meant the Run dialog it's Win+R as it has always been).

I love how they name it that, then the list of games includes NFS Undercover, ProStreet and Fifa 10.
I mean, seriously, a FIVE year old Fifa game?

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Age of Empires / Mythology / Rise of Nations have all been retroactively region locked, if they are in your library you are fine, if they are in your inventory you're fucked unles Valve helps you which they won't. I was so close to buying RoN too. Still remember buying Wargame Red Dragon 5 minutes after the lock before the tag got applied. Not a fan of retro active locks at all, really shitty business practice, I understand locking games if you see to many sales being exported to ROW users but don't fuck people over that have already bought it and make sure your freaking tags work the moment it's activated.

/Rant
You know the risk of holding stuff in your inventory. Thems the apples.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
jFyGaBO.png

Valve strikes with yet another retroactive region lock. I'd be pissed if it actually worked (I suppose it fizzed out because the 4-pack user was from a ROW region, have to test tomorrow).

Valve doesn't publish Age of Empires 2. ;)

/Rant

A couple of corrections:

- Age of Mythology: Just the four-pack has been retroactively region-locked, but there are RU/CIS-specific subs so it's largely a moot point
- Rise of Nations: Similar to the above, only the four-pack is region-locked, but this has been the case since it went up on the store

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Eh none of them effected me I got refunds but it doesn't change the fact its an absolute shit business practice to fuck over a customer
Fuck over the customer who exploits regional price differences? Yeah what asshole developers. If they really wanted to fuck you they would lock the regional games to specific languages after they have been tied to your account.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Fuck over the customer who exploits regional price differences? Yeah what asshole developers. If they really wanted to fuck you they would lock the regional games to specific languages after they have been tied to your account.

Ubisoft did this Watch Dogs. About two weeks after the game went up a notice was added to the store page stating only Russian will be included.

Tellaerin

Will try this again.

Well, shit. I didn't expect to actually win. :eek: Thanks, man! Definitely looking forward to having a good driving game to dig into after I finish unlocking grainy FMVs of bored-looking women bumping and grinding to bad techno tracks Street Racing Syndicate. >.>

I love how they name it that, then the list of games includes NFS Undercover, ProStreet and Fifa 10.
I mean, seriously, a FIVE year old Fifa game?

I guess "(Mostly) Old Games In Long-Running Series That May or May Not Still Be Playable Sale" didn't have quite the same ring to it. >.>

(Speaking of old, some of you OldGAF geezers and geezettes might get a chuckle out of this. It definitely had me feeling my years. :p )

Authority

Banned
Updating your BIOS isn't hard but it is typically one of those things you only do if you are experiencing a known issue with the current version you are on. Sans a major issue, there isn't much of a reason to be "bleeding edge" on your bios update. Depending on your particular motherboard, a failed bios flash can be anything from an inconvenience to a nightmare. Good luck.

I have got ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3 and the bios update is this one

Description M5A78L-M/USB3 BIOS 1801
Improve system stability.
File Size 848.84K Bytes
update 2013/11/21
Download from Global

so should I?

Tizoc

The dev team also made Lost Planet 3, Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z, and Turning Point: Fall of Liberty. Yep.

Lost Planet 3 was a decent TPS action game, great voice acting and characters, and the shooting while nothing to write home about is competent.
Yaiba was a short Musou-ish action game, nothing more to write home about it other than the PC ver. runs at 60 FPS and the visual style's nice.
Never played the 3rd game you mentioned and prob. won't.

Since you bothered to play Legendary, at least give LP3 a play if you ever get it for cheap.

I want Guilty Gear Xrd though

This guy gets it.
Don't let what the FGC say about the game being too complex for casuals, simple combos can dish out a good amount of damage, and in due time you'll get the hang of the system.
Plus it has a wicked ass visual presentation, that alone'll keep you playing with friends during get togethers, etc.

For those that are interested, I had quite an eye-opening day.

• I installed Windows 8.1 and I thought what the fuck is this shit.
  • Reinstalled to Windows 7 Pro.

I'm using W8.1, no antiviral / malware buster / firewall besides Windows Defender. AMD driver w/o catalyst, Opera as browser no daemon lite malware. It is really fast and useful.
Also
Did not change the Update Speed through Windows Task Manager.
this one does nothing besides making your task manager refresh that information faster.

Still pulling that the PS4 version and PC like architecture of the arcade board along with unreal makes for an easy port of Guilty Gear Xrd to PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom