• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibbo

How do the old call of duty games fare? Thinking of buying the warchest on Amazon. Played cod 1 years ago on a shifty pc, but have never played United offensive. I'm guessing there aren't any texture mods around?

danielcw

For the last 24 hours I had the problem,
that Steam shows wrong offline times of my friends.

They all show the same time, and it is usually a very short one, like x minutes ago.

Using regular Windows Steam client, and mobile Android client.

In related news:
I dreamed about Steam family sharing this night.

Going commando...

Thanks for the giveaway.

Authority

Banned
Murdered: Soul Suspect IOTI Murderded by Metacritic.
IsJndvA.png

KarmaCow

I started up RE5 for the first time recently and now I'm debating just holding off hoping for a Steamworks patch. Not because GFWL is screwing up, but more for maybe playing when there are more people because the game is definitely missing something playing alone. It's pretty much a worse version of RE4 in every way so far other than the tension of not being able to pause to go into the inventory. That doesn't make up for lack of inventory tetris or babysitting the AI though.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
How do the old call of duty games fare? Thinking of buying the warchest on Amazon. Played cod 1 years ago on a shifty pc, but have never played United offensive. I'm guessing there aren't any texture mods around?
I think they have aged pretty nicely on their own. Widescreen is easy to implement as is anti-aliasing.

Milamber

Honestly, from watching some videos, Murdered doesn't seem that bad. I really would like to know how it'll perform on PC though.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Honestly, from watching some videos, Murdered doesn't seem that bad. I really would like to know how it'll perform on PC though.

According to teokrazia in the Review Topic (who wrote a Spanish review, giving the game a 7/10 and liked it), he says that the PC version is pretty solid, but has a few flaws. You can't rebind keys in-game (ini file rebinding) and using V-Sync will cap the FPS at 30.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
According to teokrazia in the Review Topic (who wrote a Spanish review, giving the game a 7/10 and liked it), he says that the PC version is pretty solid, but has a few flaws. You can't rebind keys in-game (ini file rebinding) and using V-Sync will cap the FPS at 30.

ibqiSmRiKi4aO8.gif

they're goin after that filmic feel

Salsa

every time I think about alpha protocol I miss that crouch walk animation

I've really been wanting to do another playthrough as just Archer: The Game

Tizoc

Can I port beg in here?

Engine-wise? AA and DmC run 60 fps on a toaster. BioInf has stuttering/texture load issues for other folks, Enslaved has periods of extreme (0 fps) stutter.

DmC 2013 at 60 FPS with maxed out settings is like a work of art hnnnnnnnnnnng.

Authority

Banned
Leave as system controlled and modify as you go per game is fine.

Thanks.

This is a stupid question but if I want to lock a game at a specific frame rate I must always have VSync as always on and tribble buffering on right?

Also and reposting,

4Fb8I3T.png

PC Master race FTW.

I wonder how come users in consoles rate it so low while users on PC praise it. This is odd.

Have this happened before with user scores? The difference seems significant.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

For values below 10 you want to to place a 0 in front of the number. 09, 08, etc. Steam's re-downloading the file because you're replacing two numbers with one, thus changing the file size.

It's also worth noting that you don't have to change the spacing value in the skin's own layout file -- just Steam's general one in resource\layout is enough.

Had another Sang Froid key, but steam isn't letting me send it. maybe when this one is redeemed i'll be able to giveaway.
Hope you enjoy the games!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Mafia 2 -- MB-61A1340ADC3719A8 - Taken by Vuze. 7 entrants total.
Sang Froid #1 -- MB-F6C684ECC6D1C9CB - Taken by dave is ok. 4 entrants total.

t1401810496z1.png

For values below 10 you want to to place a 0 in front of the number. 09, 08, etc. Steam's re-downloading the file because you're replacing two numbers with one, thus changing the file size.

It's also worth noting that you don't have to change the spacing value in resource\layout\gamespage_grid.layout -- just the value in the skin's own layout file needs to be altered.

I had it like this for months, I have no idea why it started doing this now.
And the changing the skin file doesn't seem to do anything.

fantomena

I wish you will apologise to RadMonkey, and request (not wait for a punishment to be meted out, but to actively approach him) that your steam account be unlinked from your GMG/PlayFire account, that all your credits be removed, and that you be banned from the PlayFire service. After all, you have demonstrated that you cannot be trusted with this service, which is in part based on trust that you are not using SAM.

I wish you also apologise to Copons and r3n4ud, who asked that we stop admonishing you and to move on. You have failed their trust.

Thank you for reading.

I'll do that. Sorry for using it on Prototype 2 though. Already suggested an unlinking.

Btw, what does that have to do with my reviewing anyway?

JaseC

I had it like this for months, I have no idea why it started doing this now.
And the changing the skin file doesn't seem to do anything.

The margin setting isn't tied to the absolute lowest zoom level. Fiddle with the slider if you're not seeing any effect.

Edit: Oh, derp, I got it the wrong way around. What I meant to say is that you don't need to change the value in the skin's layout file since Steam's general one overrules it.

This is not a post to flame someone, nor is it a post to drive someone out of Gaf. It serves to highlight an issue of integrity, and it is something some of Gaf (which includes me) feel quite strongly about. Please do not send hate mail or flame said person in question. Please be gentlemen/ladylike.

I'd say I'm surprised. But i'm not surprised.

I probably shouldn't say anything, but whatever:

We have people who enjoy Bioshock Infinite

come at me, Todd

I'm pretty interested in it, looks pretty 'Heavy Rain'-y.

I'll do that. Sorry for using it on Prototype 2 though. Already suggested an unlinking.

Btw, what does that have to do with my reviewing anyway?

he's just questioning your integrity, nbd.

JaseC

Welp, there goes Batman into 2015. I guess WB won't have to worry about it cannibalizing Shadow of Mordor sales at least.

I had a feeling it'd slip. I found it odd that Mordor went up for pre-purchase but Knight didn't even though they were just a week apart.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I can't seem to find any traders doing Rise of Nations 4-pack openings. Is there a region lock or something?

KarmaCow

For those that care, apparently the Payday 2 developers got Gus from Breaking Bad to be their new contact for the next set of heists (first one comes out on June 17th). Don't worry, it's he'll be still pretty corny if the announcement/teaser trailer is anything to go by. Hopefully this means some more substantial DLC like the Shadow Raid and Election Day heists and less weapon packs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom