• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh....oh no. So i'm in the process of moving, and it's a complex one (sold my condo, but now have to live in a temporary furnished apt for 2 months until I can close on my new house in late July). So most of my stuff went into a storage unit this weekend for the 2 months i'm in this transitionary apartment.

... including my desktop PC.

I had the box pretty clearly labeled "computer", and I *thought* I had it with the handful of other boxes that were NOT going to be put into the storage unit... but I must have messed up, and now it's buried in the rear of the storage unit with no real way to get to it until I move again. I mean, it's not the end of the world. I've got a Xbone and a PS4, and more games than I expected function on my MacBook Air (glad I waited for Haswell).

But still, damn.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Oh....oh no. So i'm in the process of moving, and it's a complex one (sold my condo, but now have to live in a temporary furnished apt for 2 months until I can close on my new house in late July). So most of my stuff went into a storage unit this weekend for the 2 months i'm in this transitionary apartment.

I had the box pretty clearly labeled "computer", and I *thought* I had it with the handful of other boxes that were NOT going to be put into the storage unit... but I must have messed up, and now it's buried in the rear of the storage unit with no real way to get to it until I move again. I mean, it's not the end of the world. I've got a Xbone and a PS4, and more games than I expected function on my MacBook Air (glad I waited for Haswell).

But still, damn.

On the bright side, you're posting on GAF so you can still buy games in the interim.

zeroOman

Is it ok to play and pc temp is up to 79c...

is there any good gadget in windows 7 to get the temp of VGA and CPU and hard disk

Groupee spares!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Longest Journey -- MB-28EC98DA0456DA3C - Taken by topyy
Alpha Kimori 1 -- MB-031A7366EEB9A918 - Taken by Sammichu
Miasmata -- MB-07B8D0E52E06053A - Taken by Sub Zero
AntiSquad -- MB-F1AABE9D35FC8610 - Taken by PossumMeat

Vuze

Is it ok to play and pc temp is up to 79c...

is there any good gadget in windows 7 to get the temp of VGA and CPU and hard disk

MSI Afterburner Overlay for when in-game (not sure if it shows HDD temp, but CPU core and GPU is available) or Piriform Speccy. 80c is pretty warm yeah, but I guess everythings fine until you don't go beyond it.

Grief.exe

What else is releasing that month besides Assassin's Creed? BF and COD are usually November.

Add Evil Within, subtract Arkham Knight.

PFM.png

MUnited83

For you.
I wouldn't worry about that. Monolith has always delivered good games
Oh, I know, but I still can't shake the feel that most of what they showed is smoke and mirrors. There are a few mechanics that I really doubt that will be pulled off as they say they will.

Considering the release schedules, could have put those in the storage units back in January.

Take them out in September.

No kidding. It's kind of shocking how little i've played them since picking them up (well, picking up a PS4 and getting an Xbone for free via a friend). But my fiance needs the PS4 for her Netflix / Hulu streaming addictions, so if I had stored those there would have been HELL to pay. Nevermind that I have a freaking Roku that does all the same stuff that she won't touch for some unknown reason.

Now I get to play the fun metagame "Let's find out how many of my games use steam cloud saves!" I'm actually pleasantly surprised at how many games in my library carried over onto the MBA, but the saves are another matter entirely.

And, of course, I can play the GREATEST GAME OF ALL (the Steam Summer Sale) from anything with a browser!

Yakkue

ModBot said:
9WvtTBg.jpg

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

A-Train 8 -- MB-4FC646C19EB0F85E
Bardbarian -- MB-9CE8E7537083D032 - Taken by nexen

JaseC

Spare:

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Gearcrack Arena -- MB-E44884552132B4BE - Taken by NingenJanai

garath

But still, damn.

Wow. My computer never leaves my possession. I'd never box it up. It goes in my car, buckled up with blankets and padding all around it lol.

I guess if I moved cross country or something I'd box it up but other than that, never.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
a questrun foil, hadnt seen a foil in fucking ages

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Jase, is Uprising 44 the longest running bundle game on steam with no key now? has to be right?

I know the game is probably shit, I know ill nevr play it... but that feels so fucking scummy to me you have no idea

Parsnip

Groupees spare.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

The Longest Journey -- MB-CC55AF4BF9781EC9 - Taken by sapsari. 5 entrants total.

t1401805654z1.png

Newblade

I wish I could play it again for the first time. You're lucky.

ModBot said:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

The Longest Journey -- MB-E75BA76B3429350A - Taken by FauX

Grief.exe

No kidding. It's kind of shocking how little i've played them since picking them up (well, picking up a PS4 and getting an Xbone for free via a friend). But my fiance needs the PS4 for her Netflix / Hulu streaming addictions, so if I had stored those there would have been HELL to pay. Nevermind that I have a freaking Roku that does all the same stuff that she won't touch for some unknown reason.

Now I get to play the fun metagame "Let's find out how many of my games use steam cloud saves!" I'm actually pleasantly surprised at how many games in my library carried over onto the MBA, but the saves are another matter entirely.

And, of course, I can play the GREATEST GAME OF ALL (the Steam Summer Sale) from anything with a browser!

I was going to ask about a Roku, FireTV, or similar streaming device. Maybe she is confused by the Roku's interface, it has to have more services and features than the PS4 as a pure streaming device.

Li Kao

Hey, sorry if this is old but I just saw that while browsing steamdb :
[306110] Added name – PAYDAY 2: Humble Mask Pack

Hey, sorry if this is old but I just saw that while browsing steamdb :
[306110] Added name – PAYDAY 2: Humble Mask Pack

so we might get a decent bundle then? **crosses fingers**

I'm hoping Bioware/EA aren't going to pull some day 1 bullshit DLC like they did with ME3 where they actually cut an important character out of the game just to sell them to you. Shit was so wrong and killed any enthusiasm i had for future bioware games, especially in a post DA2 world.

Rhaknar

International Snooker key added to the Indieroyale Lunar Bundle

Li Kao

Add Evil Within, subtract Arkham Knight.

PFM.png

BTW, where does this list come from ? I've seen Authority uses this template and now you Grief. Is there an upcoming game list I'm not aware of ?
If not this template seems pretty good and I will use it from now on.

JaseC

Jase, is Uprising 44 the longest running bundle game on steam with no key now? has to be right?

I know the game is probably shit, I know ill nevr play it... but that feels so fucking scummy to me you have no idea

Probably. At least it's only $6.

BTW, where does this list come from ? I've seen Authority uses this template and now you Grief. Is there an upcoming game list I'm not aware of ?
If not this template seems pretty good and I will use it from now on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2014_in_video_gaming#October.E2.80.93December

I was going to ask about a Roku, FireTV, or similar streaming device. Maybe she is confused by the Roku's interface, it has to have more services and features than the PS4 as a pure streaming device.

Yup. She figured out the PS3/PS4 streaming interfaces really fast. So she wasn't interested in learning the Roku interface after figuring out the Sony way of doing it, and feels that the Roku interface / remote is way slower to respond (sort of true) and more clunky (not really true).

What is fun with the MBA is you can never tell which games are going to annihilate the battery and which won't. Sometimes the more graphically intensive stuff runs just fine. But other times stuff that is not at all taxing graphically (Space Hulk, that Hex online TCG) cause the fans to kick into hurricane mode and you can almost watch the battery die in real time. It's especially shocking since the Haswell-powered MBA is normally silent and the battery lasts basically forever, to suddenly have the thing go into Dustbuster mode.

International Snooker key added to the Indieroyale Lunar Bundle

Speaking of which, yesterday I got to try out Pool nation - I have tried both 8-ball and 9-ball rules that make qite a difference -, and from what I've seen so far it is very good, so I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys playing pool, right now it is highly discounted on Steam by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom