• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
The single player is good, and there are 5-6 "tutorial" levels at the beginning of the campaign that step you through the rules and how to play. The tutorials are actually pretty good, and I recommend them (and the single player campaign in this game) to people I know who are just learning to play.

singleplay is very much worth it if you are into MtG at all. Campaign it nice and there are challenges too, I would suggest buying expansion dlc for this purpose also.

Cool. So I guess I should go with the Gold Game pack instead of the Gold Complete, since the latter seems to just unlock everything in the game for you

Salsa

System requirements are complete bullshit, putting stock in them is an exercise in futility.

Your 680 is more than fine, never jump to conclusions based on system requirements alone.

im not. Watch_Dogs runs like shit

Ubi and all, but im starting to have to turn down some settings significantly

and these are all almost-launch games

we're all gonna be fucked and appropiately so

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Only GAF members who are junior members are eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Galaxy on Fire 2 -- MB-3D31DEC173046383 - Taken by S1n1st3r
Tiny and Big -- MB-D0F86528804126C1
Beatbuddy Tale of the Guardians (this game is pretty cool) -- MB-68F21F247CDA8D33 - Taken by JustLynx
Spirits -- MB-A43C7D48C648A2CF - Taken by redlacs

Titanfall was/is a sloppy pc port, too. That game isn't doing a whole lot to justify its performance at all.

Also, i'm going to try again: batman blackgate worth my time or not?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
2GB aren't enough for 1050p?

Ultra textures are disabled if you have less than 3GB VRAM (or perhaps more accurately, if you have <2GB VRAM). 8k shadows are also a no go even with High textures -- far too much stuttering and significantly longer load times.

DogMeat77

oh damn. I made it to the RPG Maker bundle page and was going to buy it before It switched... then I got busy with work. Damn you work.

derExperte

Ultra textures are disabled if you have less than 3GB VRAM. 8k shadows are also a no go even with High textures -- far too much stuttering and significantly longer load times.

If you want to play every game at max settings then sure, buying 2GB wasn't the best idea. But for me 'not enough' means having to deal with significantly lower image quality or not being able to play at all.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Risen -- MB-3495E0022EA384B7 - Taken by Exuro

Dr Dogg

Ultra textures are disabled if you have less than 3GB VRAM. 8k shadows are also a no go even with High textures -- far too much stuttering and significantly longer load times.

Which is funny because if you still have it set to Ultra textures and the full 64 pages for textures enable but set VT Compress on it only uses 1.7-1.9gb of VRAM for me even at 2560x1440. I think we're going to have to wait until cross gen games have been phased out to see what VRAM requirements will be like going forwards. I think 3gb is fine for a while but 4gb will be the sweet spot like 2gb has been for a while now.

Salsa

Titanfall was/is a sloppy pc port, too. That game isn't doing a whole lot to justify its performance at all.

Also, i'm going to try again: batman blackgate worth my time or not?

Titanfall runs perfect for me

Oced 2GB 680 and an i5 2500k at 4.5ghz

I think the issues people have are due to crappy optimization for some rigs rather than not meeting the required specs

edit: which, could be what you meant, not saying otherwise

Salsa

im not saying people with a card like mine aren't gonna be "good" for a while, but we're not going to be "perfect" and less so as time goes on

there was clearly gonna be a bump needed for next-gen stuff and it is happening. Saying that a game requires a 4 year old card as a minimum spec is even less worrying than what some would and should expect

Skyzard

Banned
im not. Watch_Dogs runs like shit

Ubi and all, but im starting to have to turn down some settings significantly

and these are all almost-launch games

we're all gonna be fucked and appropiately so

This is what happens with PC. Devs put their optimization on consoles. PC users are expected to upgrade to same/similar specs the devs are using when testing the game, otherwise have fun tweaking till kingdom comes and it give you a new gpu. Even if you SLI'd the latest just-obsolete gear.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
If you want to play every game at max settings then sure, buying 2GB wasn't the best idea. But for me 'not enough' means having to deal with significantly lower image quality or not being able to play at all.

I'm not overly fussed as I do plan on moving to two 870s. I actually don't mind knocking down a setting or two to get a game in a playable state, which is why I probably won't bother upgrading GPUs until AssCreed Unity is around the corner, however I do regret not going with 4GB cards simply for the fact that I had the opportunity to avoid this bottleneck but decided to take the slightly cheaper route.

r3n4ud

Some extras
ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:

Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-DD80EDC46CFA50CD - Taken by C4rter
Galaxy on Fire 2 -- MB-A5D88681CD65B255 - Taken by scorpscarx

Tizoc

026C69D7EE6A35DD13C4D40840F532CD02CF09FA

I cannot get enough of this game's art direction. Though I do feel like it's going a bit longer than it should.
Non the less a fun ride so far. Let's see if I can be bothered to finish it before the playfire rewards expire lol.

2014-06-05_21-25-51_zpse615e28d.png

I wonder what would happen if Steam released "Some Game 3" and put these words on its pre-order banner:

Satisfaction of supporting Valve & Steam

Dr Dogg

http://cloud-3.steampowered.com/ugc/3260917931803906025/026C69D7EE6A35DD13C4D40840F532CD02CF09FA/[/]

I cannot get enough of this game's art direction. Though I do feel like it's going a bit longer than it should.
Non the less a fun ride so far. Let's see if I can be bothered to finish it before the playfire rewards expire lol.[/QUOTE]

Udon have a very nice Design Works artbook for it and PixnLove did a book that covers a lot of the making of the game with some series history.

Exuro

I wonder what would happen if Steam released "Some Game 3" and put these words on its pre-order banner:

What's dumb is I'll buy the game on Steam and then get a free code for gog like they did with tw1/2 so I'll have it on both services.

Hold on to your beer and brats, 'cause here are some more extras:
ModBot said:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Tiny and Big: Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-93F72F8D4430EA23 - Taken by Majukun. 1 entrants total.
Beatbuddy -- MB-80A623AAD6FACB6B - Taken by Cth. 3 entrants total.
Spirits -- MB-7D2EC38EA6A3B83F - Taken by Deques. 6 entrants total.

t1401993816z1.png

theres like no way in hell that a gtx 770 is going to be able to max out @ 1080p on the Witcher 3, huh? fucking fuck.

Then again, i can't even max out the witcher 2 as it is. I guess I shouldn't expect much.

Gotta love the constant shots from GoG (and others) towards Steam, but of course Valve as the silent, tame giants they are...are just going to stay that. They're like the Hodor of the gaming industry (sorry, couldn't come up with a better comparison)

HoosTrax

They wouldn't. They would instead advertise free Immortal-quality trading cards and watch the money roll in, ala the Dota2 Compendium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom