• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
2 is fucking dope once you get out of the swamp

haven't played 1

I'd have to give the nod to 1 if I were forced to choose. 2 certainly plays better than the original's click-wait-click style, but the world of the latter is perpetually blanketed with a sense of gloom that doesn't really translate over to the comparatively bright and vivid sequel.

Pudge

It's worth noting that the Tiny and Big from the new Humble Bundle seems to be the soundtrack version, since it activated on my account even though I already owned the game and downloaded about 200MB of data afterward. Cool bonus!

derExperte

Ah shit, any way to nuke this? I actually manage to pick this up yesterday.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=617641

If you posted a key, someone took it, but they realized they didn't want it and asked you to repost it:
- Make sure they did not use the key
- Send a PM to ModBot. The title should contain the word nuke. The body should contain, one per line, Steam Keys you wish to unclaim. Not ModBot keys, Steam keys. Not more than one per line. No game titles. Just the keys.

If someone else posted a key, you took it, and you realized that you didn't want it:
- First, don't do this. You're being a jerk.
- Second, you should contact the person who did the original giveaway so they can give it away again by following the above instructions.
- Third, if you ABSOLUTELY want to give it away yourself and you 100% definitely did not use the key, follow the above nuke instructions and then submit it yourself.

JaseC

Ah shit, any way to nuke this? I actually manage to pick this up yesterday.
- Send a PM to ModBot. The title should contain the word nuke. The body should contain, one per line, Steam Keys you wish to unclaim. Not ModBot keys, Steam keys. Not more than one per line. No game titles. Just the keys.

...then create your own giveaway.

i knew it was only a matter of time before i got "minimum'd" but i figured it would be witcher 3 or star citizen or something...the fact that it's an xbone game is insult to injury :(

Same here. I'm also on a 560Ti and I was really hoping to wait one more cycle of Nvidia cards before upgrading. Given I can't even touch my desktop again until August, maybe I can make it...

rtcn63

My GTX 670 2GB is my first high(ish)-end card, and I'm already realizing that I may have to settle for 30fps/medium settings/no AA in the near future.

Caerith

I'm embarrassingly in this situation as well.

I don't necessarily consciously boycott games without them, but it's effectively a boycott of sorts nonetheless because they end up on permanent backlog. If you were to tally up the average playtime of games in my library with and without achievements, the disparity would be massive, so there's a definite cost-vs-playtime calculation to be made there.

Edit: Come to think of it, if I were a gamer in the arcade era instead, I'd probably have spent hundreds of dollars in quarters trying to top High Score charts. Guess being born later saved me that money drain at least.
I'm with you on this. I don't care about gamer score or whatever, but achievements add enough of an incentive to play (and play thoroughly) that I'm likelier to play 100 hours of a game with than I am to play 8 hours of a game without.

Witcher 1 is one of the best western style RPGs ever made.
Witcher 2 is very pretty and fun.

Also there is a lot of political intrigue that is left unresolved at the end of 2. I'm thinking it would be best to play them.
I found Witcher 1 to be a drag to play with clumsy and terrible combat. I put it down somewhere in the first chapter.

NotSelf

ModBot said:
Instructions for NotSelf:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Great Jitters: Pudding Panic -- MB-554ADC443EAEBA46 - Taken by derExperte. 2 entrants total.
Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-441DB8957453B5C9
Crazy Machines 2 -- MB-BCD7070052B68F92 - Taken by Cth. 2 entrants total.
Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD -- MB-CAE577D29599D76A - Taken by PandaPandaPanda. 1 entrants total.
The Guild II Collection -- MB-DCB581A9602159D3 - Taken by pahamrick. 4 entrants total.

t1401995851z1.png

Peace all:)

Garcia

I decided to boost to the $6 tier. I probably won't use either RPG Makers anytime soon, but it's too good a deal to pass up.

I was just about to do the same thing but it was too late for me already :(. I still got the basic bundle, which shouldn't be too bad.

Dr Dogg

Yep after watching that Witcher III trailer I can say I'll probably be running this at ~30fps :/

Also what's with all the pre E3, E3 trailers recently? I don't usually jump on this bandwagon but is this a regular thing?

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Here we go again! Praise the Sun

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below containing the key.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- MEGA GIVERS ONLY! You must have given away at least 25 games through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Dark Souls II Season Pass -- MB-6B0ACA3C82FA2B40 - Taken by Cth. 25 entrants total.

t1402005972z1.png

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
hey jshackles, is there any easy data spigot somewhere that can just give me a json or xml or one-per-line tab-delimited list of every app's name and appid?

You're probably looking for this.

Salsa

the flipside to my future card woes is that when im playing on the TV I don't give a shit about AA/Downsampling since im far away

but yeah

Yep after watching that Witcher III trailer I can say I'll probably be running this at ~30fps :/

Also what's with all the pre E3, E3 trailers recently? I don't usually jump on this bandwagon but is this a regular thing?

Its is regular, most of the 3rd parties want to get stuff announced before E3 because we will only ever see about a minute of the game and most of them will be drowned out by other bigger games or announcements.

Authority

Banned
Dieselpunk RPG InSomnia returns after 7 months of cryogenic hibernation
insomnia.jpg

Trailer

InSomnia vanished rather quickly after it appeared. The dieselpunk RPG set on a dirty space station, travelling towards an evacuation point for 400 years, had its Kickstarter cancelled by the developers early on due to feedback. They weren’t getting their game across, leaving potential funders unsure about what it was.

But now it’s back with a new trailer and plans for another Kickstarter and Greenlight campaign commencing on June 23rd. Take a gander below.

Beyond the interesting industrial with a spot of art deco aesthetic, the preview trailer is a bit on the dull side, but InSomnia makes some compelling promises.

Developers MONO say that it will feature branching dialogue, puzzles, points of no return and tough decisions. Non-linear quests can be completed alone or with a chums - it’s a solo/co-op RPG, not an MMO - and you can go where you want, when you want, regardless of whether or not you’ll be able to handle it.

In co-op, all players can make decisions and affect the main storyline, which begs the question: how? Old Republic tried to do the same thing, and it ended up being down to a lucky dice roll, which is not particularly compelling way to influence the universe.

We’ll no doubt find out how that’s going to work come the launch of the Kickstarter later this month.

Credits to PCGamesN

Was it when it was released? My prior card before then was an HD4850 512mb. High-end to me, I guess.

It was upper midrange on release. The Nvidia cards are rated based on the last 2 numbers. So that's a 6 series, 70 card. 70 and above are usually the cards to get if you ask me, so depending on when you bought it and how much you paid you probably made a fine choice.

Same here. I'm also on a 560Ti and I was really hoping to wait one more cycle of Nvidia cards before upgrading. Given I can't even touch my desktop again until August, maybe I can make it...

these are the sacrifices we make. I have a beefier 560ti and it's started to age. Still one hell of a card. I can play most things cranked up to 1080 with near max, just have to start disabling some of the prettier eye candy.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
stuff

ModBot said:
Instructions for Rhaknar:

I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-50C3ACC9B612A0D8 - Taken by HalfwayOrb
Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-A3E9E4379DA06E41
Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD -- MB-D79035831A9686EC - Taken by zeroOman
Spirits -- MB-28621F297B1E0DA3 - Taken by VikasNarula

Dr Dogg

Its is regular, most of the 3rd parties want to get stuff announced before E3 because we will only ever see about a minute of the game and most of them will be drowned out by other bigger games or announcements.

I see. So the tease before the tease.

looking at that Loadout thread, and some others

I dont understand those posts?

Maybe their friends play on PS4s? Either way it's hardly hurting you what platform they chose to play on :p

Salsa

new PC dongle release better come with white versions of those bone controllers

GQV9CnC.jpg

need it

Maybe their friends play on PS4s? Either way it's hardly hurting you what platform they chose to play on :p

legit asking! just not enough wording on their part maybe

JaseC

It was upper midrange on release. The Nvidia cards are rated based on the last 2 numbers. So that's a 6 series, 70 card. 70 and above are usually the cards to get if you ask me, so depending on when you bought it and how much you paid you probably made a fine choice.

Yeah, if you're looking for bang-for-buck on the Nvidia side of the fence, the 70 is what you want.

Old stuff that is probably mostly unwanted, but if something even slightly interests you, please take it :)

ModBot said:
I am giving away 13 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.

Atom Zombie Smasher -- MB-BA8DEE32224A6120 - Taken by Henry Swanson
Journey Down Chapter 1 -- MB-C26D7228F169349A - Taken by Dusk Golem
Fortix 2 -- MB-E2515664B7E373C9 - Taken by GaussTek
Little Racers STREET -- MB-11E7ADACF37A0124 - Taken by PossumMeat
Bit Trip Runner 2 -- MB-EE054F4BDBB29AD9 - Taken by Vlad
Megabyte Punch -- MB-FB687207DAF81A8F - Taken by SalsaShark
Kaptain Brawe -- MB-A7A6C4BA6F9234F2 - Taken by dinopoke
Gateways -- MB-1794F798D1D05FA3 - Taken by S1n1st3r
Defenders of Ardania -- MB-1EA087A532813FE8 - Taken by Diedac
1000 Amps -- MB-B08A1014F62A4DF7 - Taken by FiveElementNinja
Shattered Haven -- MB-CF7BB41A15C373FF
Clickr -- MB-A8223729D5B738C9 - Taken by Benedict
The Cat Lady -- MB-E10C1A45065DF7B1 - Taken by DexterPepper

Tizoc

So I'm trying to play Ridge Racer Driftopia but it keeps telling me it can't connect to the servers. What's up with that and what's causing it?

nexen

I'm excited to play Loadout on my couch with a controller and know that everyone else is doing the same. It is a royal pain to hook up my pc to the tv.

derExperte

Thanks to NotSelf for The Great Jitters: Pudding Panic!

So I'm trying to play Ridge Racer Driftopia but it keeps telling me it can't connect to the servers. What's up with that and what's causing it?

why?

For the record I reaaaaally liked RR Unbounded but Driftopia was bad. And not a lot of players even during the first days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom