• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2014 - Enhanced Electronics Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gangxxter

Have you seen the German version? Even better than the English one. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLkdkZZKVOQ
Oh wow that's truly amazing!
It's the German voice of Bruce Willis, isn't it?

Uhhhhh, can somebody help me? I just purchased the Humble Bundle and wanted to give away the Steam keys of the games I'm not interested in. But how do I do that? I tried to gift one Steam key of a game but all I get is a gift link to the Humble Store. How to I get the actual Steam key?

Help? I'm kinda new to giving away stuff :(

Sober

there's really no question once you try that controller

I did, and im itching for one ever since

I specially like how the batteries are on the inside so you don't end up with that shitty as bump

20130514-XBOX-ONE-005-660x440.jpg
2522035-0852981480-micro.jpg

look at all that room for finger twiddling

but yeah it's mostly the d-pad
There any reason to have the battery pack inserted if you are using it wired?

I specially like how the batteries are on the inside so you don't end up with that shitty as bump

I've not tried one, but it doesn't look comfortable to me. And knowing my opinion on the x360 controller, I can't see myself being interested in it ever..

And the d-pad? You're trying to tell me that the MS controller went from worst d-pad to best d-pad?

Salsa

Don't like it. I didn't care for the lack of bump on the Dualshock either.

The battery hump gives the back of my fingers leverage.

I thought that too at one point, but after trying it it does feel better

but yeah man above all goodbye rocker d-pad and hello clicky one. all over that

I've not tried one, but it doesn't look comfortable to me. And knowing my opinion on the x360 controller, I can't see myself being interested in it ever..

And the d-pad? You're trying to tell me that the MS controller went from worst d-pad to best d-pad?

nah, not the best by a longshot, but definetly better

You're not nice.
Young Rita Repulsa using foot stank as an attack is an awful SF character. :<

I just used the wired 360 pad since I'm never playing far away from my PC anyway. No bump, no charging, cheaper, it just makes sense.

derExperte

There any reason to have the battery pack inserted if you are using it wired?

No, I think it doesn't even work wired with batteries.

Oh wow that's truly amazing!
It's the German voice of Bruce Willis, isn't it?

Uhhhhh, can somebody help me? I just purchased the Humble Bundle and wanted to give away the Steam keys of the games I'm not interested in. But how do I do that? I tried to gift one Steam key of a game but all I get is a gift link to the Humble Store. How to I get the actual Steam key?

Help? I'm kinda new to giving away stuff :(

Yep it is. He was also the voice doing well known ads for the Praktiker shops which the 20% refer to.

Just send the gift links to ModBot instead of the key.

Anteater

I'm partial to the ps4 controller because I have one.

Fucking controllers cost $60.

Yeah, I could use a better one than the dualshock 3 I've got now but it's not like I hate it

and I have 3 of them.... don't want to buy a new one because they are still fine.

Salsa

it's also a lot lighter

and a bit noticeably smaller

face buttons feel flatter too, more in line with the controller, they don't pop out as much

been a while since I held one tho, im sure someone here has an xbone

HoosTrax

Clicky eh. I might get one anyways, although I have my reservations, mostly because I seem to collect controllers and controller mods/accessories like other women collect shoes and jewelry.

The latest one I got was the Wii Classic Pro. The dpad is great, but I have to say, the thing feels like a stripped down toy when you compare it to the hefty and solid-feeling 360, and the lack of clicky sticks and rumble don't help.

Salsa

it's jarring as shit when you first hold one but after playing for a while my overall sense is that it felt tighter

the grip is better and it immediatly made me feel like the 360 controller was huge and heavy. when I went back to it I felt like I was holding a fucking dreamcast controller

derExperte

Cheers, didn't know that's possible. Will do that in a second!

Post #5: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=617641

it's jarring as shit when you first hold one but after playing for a while my overall sense is that it felt tighter

the grip is better and it immediatly made me feel like the 360 controller was huge and heavy. when I went back to it I felt like I was holding a fucking dreamcast controller

Speaking of tighter, didn't the X1 controller get a firmware update to optimize the reactions of the analog sticks? I wonder if need to find a X1 or if the driver takes care of that.

Sober

I guess next time I see an xb1 demo unit I will try the controller out. Surprisingly I have not tried that controller out at all.

Newblade

Viel Spaß habt!

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-58CA01B7E20DC6D1
Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-ACDA874111ADA9E9 - Taken by XDDX
Spirits -- MB-E9CFB3CE2CD3EA6E - Taken by dave is ok
Risen -- MB-FEDF439729F81DCD - Taken by Angel Abaddon
Crazy Machines 2 -- MB-EA3DC58627621683 - Taken by Lomax

Salsa

Yeah but have there been any PC racing games out yet that support the rumble on the triggers yet?

I guess W_D might have some support, if they bothered?

well no cause there was no xbone controller on PC?

assumption is they will start implementing it when it becomes the norm

Wow it works with PC? I thought it can't? Does it need any program or emulator? Does it vibrate?

Gangxxter

Time to give something back to NeoGAF!

ModBot said:
Instructions for Gangxxter:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two:

The Great Jitters: Pudding Panic -- MB-DAED4E96DE9BD3D8 - Taken by nampad. 4 entrants total.
Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-AD72063628427E08
Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-B49C54655603CA1E
Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD -- MB-83C47FAD4D36C52B - Taken by LostAtLife. 3 entrants total.
Spirits -- MB-BF1E86A1EC6D0307 - Taken by Casimir. 8 entrants total.

t1401999812z1.png

People, my Half Life 2 just updated.. the hell?? Half Life 3 ARG ??? The E3 is near, this cant be a coincidence,
or Gabe is in full trolling mode as usual

It's that time again:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 18 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line below that corresponds to the key you want (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering).

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Face Noir -- MB-4DCA15F01A895641 - Taken by Newblade. 2 entrants total.
Cat Lady -- MB-60852695AFA44DBE - Taken by the_firewithin. 3 entrants total.
Crazy Machines 2 -- MB-A2AC7040A7564C71 - Taken by Deques. 2 entrants total.
Risen -- MB-7C120B59896DD670 - Taken by zeroOman. 2 entrants total.
Subject 9 -- MB-CEFFB4B2A4172315 - Taken by FauX. 2 entrants total.
Fieldrunners -- MB-274355786B0DAF4D - Taken by Mikaju. 1 entrants total.
Mystery Game #1 -- MB-856972686824CC2C - Taken by Kirosia. 9 entrants total.
Gearcrack Arena -- MB-38021E771A08D80C - Taken by Mavromatis. 1 entrants total.
The Book of Unwritten Tales Digital Deluxe Edition -- MB-58DFCC186C739636 - Taken by fspm. 3 entrants total.
Legend of Dungeon -- MB-15F28D0B72B6BAEC - Taken by bronson. 1 entrants total.
Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers -- MB-81F9C6A391CE8691
Zack Zero -- MB-D7EF0E4404264F98 - Taken by angular graphics. 2 entrants total.
Ittle Dew -- MB-43666933B0DFC239 - Taken by Darth Kupi. 5 entrants total.
Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta -- MB-EF8FEE68B98F4824 - Taken by Kiru. 4 entrants total.
Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians -- MB-E06470EB5A4F0272 - Taken by johnssy123. 2 entrants total.
Cognition Episode 3 -- MB-C88E4570162A5575 - Taken by Baha. 1 entrants total.
Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD -- MB-4D4240832C29F47B - Taken by Pakkidis. 4 entrants total.
Spirits -- MB-91182142B826ECB2 - Taken by Kifimbo. 4 entrants total.

t1401999372z1.png

I thought that too at one point, but after trying it it does feel better

nah, not the best by a longshot, but definetly better

True. But anything is just about better than the x360 d-ad. :p

Yeah, I could use a better one than the dualshock 3 I've got now but it's not like I hate it

and I have 3 of them.... don't want to buy a new one because they are still fine.

I have a DS4, but I still use my DS3 with real triggers most of the time.
And now that they work with every game on PC via x-input, I never use my x360 controller anymore.

What are paddles?

Something like flappy paddle shifters, behind the handles?

Things you use to make your canoe move through water.

People, my Half Life 2 just updated.. the hell?? Half Life 3 ARG ??? The E3 is near, this cant be a coincidence,
or Gabe is in full trolling mode as usual

If I were GabeN, I would update some file in HL2 and check social media and forums for Half Life 3. Do some nice charts about the correlation, and publish the data.

Hope there's still someone out there that doesn't have these.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Falexandre:

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Burnout Paradise The Ultimate Box -- MB-AC0D4444BEF29957 - Taken by Mavromatis. 3 entrants total.
Dear Esther -- MB-0F986FF8853F52BC - Taken by PinkCrayon. 2 entrants total.
Mirror's Edge -- MB-8604B2DE0756999C - Taken by MisterLuffy. 6 entrants total.
PID -- MB-E826C6E6E0E728CF - Taken by Mr. Smith. 2 entrants total.
Splice -- MB-2E58B0CE261C78C7 - Taken by Vlad. 5 entrants total.

t1402010098z1.png

Gangxxter

I should have read on past the OP in that thread -.-

I'm not sure if this gift link for The Guild II Collection is still working since I've redeemed the Steam key to a different email address of mine already (not registered on the Humble Store) but the link I got in my email inbox should work for anyone I guess.
Because I'm not sure about that I'm not giving it away with the other games via ModBot.

So, quote to unveil a Humble Store gift link to The Guild II Collection: (ATTENTION: might not work!)

so what was the mystery game?

In the interest of full disclosure, here's my PM to modbot. Again, I think it was Frozen Synapse, but not sure why it came out like that.

register game

Subject 9 - xxx
Unearthed: Trail of Ibn Battuta - Episode 1 - Gold Edition - xxx
Zack Zero - xxx
Fieldrunners - xxx
Ittle Dew - xxx
Frozen Synapse - xxx
Legend of Dungeon - xxx
Gearcrack Arena - xxx
Face Noir - xxx
Cat Lady - xxx
Cognition Episode 3 - xxx
The Book of Unwritten Tales Digital Deluxe Edition - xxx
Risen - xxx
Crazy Machines 2 - xxx
Galaxy on Fire 2 Full HD - xxx
Spirits - xxx
Tiny & Big in Grandpa's Leftovers - xxx
Beatbuddy: Tale of the Guardians : xxx

MULTIENTRY
SHORTRAFFLE
NOLURKERS

What are those buttons even used for? I feel like in a tense moment you could press one by mistake.

Whatever you bind them to. Jump, crouch, enabling "ghosting" etc. Also, I don't recall reading any impression which said they were problematic in that regard. People only criticized the light, plastic-y build of the prototype and how it felt like it could break when pressing the paddles too strongly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom