• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
If you install this with Tampermonkey or Greasemonkey, your lobby page will look like this:

Put the room number in the GameID field to join a specific room with specific players in it. Some folks in some rooms are running specific scripts to play the game in a certain way collaboratively for best results.

aight, what good rooms should I join? Is the one mentioned before still active?

EDIT: link doesn't work

Toki767

Hmm...my room is currently at like 21 million. Not going to make it to 100 million. Guess I pretty much have to join at the reset huh?

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Room 4 decided to do 100k charges every 10 min it seems like, lol.

We're like 150k from 100mil damnit.

EDIT: YOWH #4 is at 100 mil, I guess I'll help others at reset.

Wok

It depends on your level, but YOWH room 8 just started (merge from the doomed 6 and 7 rooms) and is now around 1M

I get the room number for the irc chat but never manage to auto-join. Is there a place where it is advertised first?

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
I get the room number for the irc chat but never manage to auto-join. Is there a place where it is advertised first?

In the irc chat channel, be there when they say it.

They do have a steam group but the announcements there is often a bit delayed.

---------------

Could anyone invite me to the neogaf steam group?

Yakkue

Does anybody need some Love?
lovebysvu.gif

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Yakkue, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

LOVE -- MB-67E96B08CE2DEB88 - Taken by Jazz573. 1 entrants total.

t1434873917z1.png

milena87

current level is so slow, only level 3k lol

Then just stay in a room and hope to increase your level as high as possible for the next reset. With a 3K level you pretty much need to enter a room as soon as it's announced.

With a higher level you have better chances, as you can enter even after a room is started. And these rooms take less than 30 mins to reach the first million.

mrgone

I just remembered something that someone mentioned around the beginning of the sale, but I can't quite recall the details - if you buy multiple games all at once (ie. the traditional end-of-Steam-sale cartload), is it possible to get a refund on a single game from that group, or do you have to refund the entire purchase as a unit?

Vuze

Noice, woke up to the 100 Mil badge. Didn't expect to hit this so fast after our room got trolled hard before I went to bed.

dex3108

People are talking about 100M badge and i am sitting here with 1M badge and i don't care about that 100M badge. Too much work for it XD

Wok

Then just stay in a room and hope to increase your level as high as possible for the next reset. With a 3K level you pretty much need to enter a room as soon as it's announced.

With a higher level you have better chances, as you can enter even after a room is started. And these rooms take less than 30 mins to reach the first million.

I have found room 49058 on the leaderboard site, which looks correct.

neD0xIS.png

yuraya

Remember Steamboy? Well apparently it wasn't fake... apparently? maybe? It's now called "SMACH Zero". Here's the press release they put out:

Source: http://www.gamasutra.com/view/pressreleases/246596/SMACH_Zero_Technical_Specifications.php

Megaton

But not really surprising now that SteamOS exists. It would be silly not to make a device like this. With all the Platformers, Metroidvanias and JRPG's on Steam this steamboy will be glorious. Now to wait for the price and hardware maker. Valve should be all over this. They should get someone like HTC to make it.

wilflare

I'm trying to say something in the YOWH IRC chat
but I can't send anything at all...

it's my first time in there - what's up :/

EDIT: and anyone got a spare Dansky?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
im sure someone mentioned it, but the FF4 bundle with After Years is actually 50% now

wilflare

You need to get authorized by Q

Type "/msg Q Hello <email address> <email address again>"

Then check your email for a verification link

Here's the reference https://www.quakenet.org/help/q-commands/hello (just went through all this stuff yesterday :) )

thanks mrgone - oh gawd... I have no idea such a step was necessary
how does everyone know what to do... did they include it in the chat instructions, etc?

I think I do. But can I send it tomorrow? Already in bed.

np! ... I can't join you in bed though... Ningen already took up that spot

im sure someone mentioned it, but the FF4 bundle with After Years is actually 50% now

:O it wasn't during the flash?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
:O it wasn't during the flash?

I dont think the bundle was even available during the flash, maybe later but I didnt see it.

I know the flash started with 50% on FF4 and 30% on After years just like it did in the encore lol. then they changed after years to 50% hours later

the bundle at 50% acutally puts them both at around 60% or something, might bite now tbh

wilflare

I dont think the bundle was even available during the flash, maybe later but I didnt see it.

I know the flash started with 50% on FF4 and 30% on After years just like it did in the encore lol. then they changed after years to 50% hours later

the bundle at 50% acutally puts them both at around 60% or something, might bite now tbh

will be nice to have all the FFs in one place

It's standard IRC protocol. Registering being required to type lessens spam.

does that registration only apply to one chatroom or all chatrooms?

How does Grim Fandango play with a controller? Is MKB absolutely necessary? Trying to decide if I should get it now or wait for a Vita sale.

mrgone

thanks mrgone - oh gawd... I have no idea such a step was necessary
how does everyone know what to do... did they include it in the chat instructions, etc?

Good old IRC, full of obscurity and yelling :). The channel moderators locked the channel a few times in the short time I've been there to make general statements about Q authorization. I guess they were getting a ton of messages from people wondering why they'd been muted in the channel

Anteater

Just finished Ori and the Blind Forest

It's alright, the game is really well made and fun to play, the structure of the game is your standard "metroidvania" affair, you go through the game and unlock skills like double jump, stomp and all that standard stuff, the platforming is great with interesting mechanics like using your enemies and their projectiles to do jumps and platforming puzzles, the controls are responsive and tight, although I think it's made with using the analog stick in mind, as the dpad isn't ideal when stomp is mapped directly to down, but maybe it's just me.

I think there are some things that kind of spoiled the fun here and there like it's sometimes hard to see what's going on on screen, most of your deaths would be from those and figuring out what you're supposed to do, you sometimes scroll through some areas a bit fast so you can't tell right away where things are and I've had some foreground stuff sort of blocking a few things at the wrong time, or not seeing enemy projectiles when they're exploding with effects, things like that although I consider them to be really minor.

Some of the escape sequences aren't really too fun as I couldn't tell what I was supposed to do right away which leads to dying and redoing it, the actual platforming in the game isn't hard, but not knowing what you're expecting will lead to a few deaths, and I think there are design choices like that pop up in a few places.

Enemies aren't exactly too interesting to fight, they're just kind of there and the most interesting thing about them is using them for platforming and I enjoyed those sections, they're about the same throughout.

The music is great and the game is beautiful. Would suggest playing it.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I just remembered something that someone mentioned around the beginning of the sale, but I can't quite recall the details - if you buy multiple games all at once (ie. the traditional end-of-Steam-sale cartload), is it possible to get a refund on a single game from that group, or do you have to refund the entire purchase as a unit?

The former. It's licence-based, not transaction-based.

rphg4qyi.jpg

Jazz573

Mine only stay on that mode. Always.
----------
BTW, remind me, people that got a free Arkham Knight code from Nvidia. Will they get the preorder bonus?

For more than four hours? Should probably see a doctor about that. :p

Man, I gotta go to sleep. Hopefully before the sun rises. :p Good night GAF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom