• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

what we've learned this sale:

Valve can make broken games that can't be played by humans (that's our future right here, folks)

Expensive VNs have no discounts, huge sale or not, old or new

We will do whatever it takes to get some stupid badge, we should be ashamed or ourselves, I am

Foil market is now officially dead, minus some popular games

Many games had no discounts this sale at all, I hope Winter sale will fix this

Staying inside the budget is a lot harder than we think, gotta feel for those politicians at times like this.

The best deal on sale was that Chroma Squad price mistake most of us missed because steam was half dead at that time. It is on my wishlist, so I'm extra salty about that one.

That is all.

wilflare

Valve can make broken games that can't be played by humans (that's our future right here, folks)

We will do whatever it takes to get some stupid badge, we should be ashamed or ourselves, I am

Staying inside the budget is a lot harder than we think, gotta feel for those politicians at times like this.

The best deal on sale was that Chroma Squad price mistake most of us missed because steam was half dead at that time. It is on my wishlist, so I'm extra salty about that one.

That is all.

that wound was healing....
WAS

dex3108

That is all.

Lack of Russian bear is obvious.

HM1 is imho far, far better than 2. 2 has such an awful open leveldesign and a strong focus on ranged weapons, that killed the entire flow for me.
Rhis but completely opposite on all points. HM2 has much stronger everything, but it requires you to forget totally OP things in HM1 such as doors and punches. That doesn't mean that you cant use them (just check some high level vids) you just cant abuse them as easily.

That is all.

Pretty much, I've had some of mine since 2014 and still no one will buy them. In fact there is no evidence any of them sold this year. Even the sub 20c ones don't sell.

derExperte

No repeats, more deals per day and no community votes made this one of my favorite sale of recent years. Even my wishlist got smaller this time.

Level design actually got worse, getting shot from nowhere gets on my nerve real quick.

When that happened it was frustrating but it didn't happen as often as people say it does, the level design is mostly fine. Problem for me was that while I wanted more of the same the magic just wasn't there anymore, HM1 felt fresh and 2 obviously couldn't. Also the story confused me to be honest and not in the good way, too much switching around characters and dates.

Arthea

Pretty much, I've had some of mine since 2014 and still no one will buy them. In fact there is no evidence any of them sold this year. Even the sub 20c ones don't sell.

The same situation, if volvo won't do something about it before the winter sale, we as well can start gemifying them, no point to hold onto anymore.

I think I went 15 dollars above my
budget.
When that happened it was frustrating but it didn't happen as often as people say it does, the level design is mostly fine. Problem for me was that while I wanted more of the same the magic just wasn't there anymore, HM1 felt fresh and 2 obviously couldn't. Also the story confused me to be honest and not in the good way, too much switching around characters and dates.
I died a lot from gunfire that way, had to learn to pre-fire from certain spots "trials and errors" style to progress. It also made going melee a lot less fun.

And I have no idea what the story was going at when the game finished either.

Volimar

The problem is you guys already have too many games.

I saved myself from buying anything thanks to the tried and true method of having no money. :p

I'd have probably bought Arkham Origins, Bio Infinite, Final Fantasy IV, and maybe Darkest Dungeon and Watch Dogs, and that's just stuff on the front page.

Arthea

It's not unusual for me to spend a couple of hundred dollars every sale.

I think I've barely broken twenty bucks this time.

I don't know how you managed that, I went two times over my budged and it wasn't small to begin with - 100€. If I bought everything I wanted it would be 3-4 times over the budget, as usual.

The problem is you guys already have too many games.

I saved myself from buying anything thanks to the tried and true method of having no money. :p

I'd have probably bought Arkham Origins, Bio Infinite, Final Fantasy IV, and maybe Darkest Dungeon and Watch Dogs, and that's just stuff on the front page.

That's not a problem at all, I have too many games, that's true, but so many new are released on steam, that unless you don't even check, there is always something you want and I mean always.

ViviOggi

Scholars of the First Sin, DMC4SE or Age of Wonders III
thinking.gif

Parsnip

Hoh. The one time I get into a potentially good yowh room, it glitches out at 7mil or so and never really recovers. Pour one out for Room6.

derExperte

It's not unusual for me to spend a couple of hundred dollars every sale.

I think I've barely broken twenty bucks this time.

I'm sorry, really don't want to intrude or anything but even for SteamGAF's standards your game play times are shockingly low. So maybe you just suddenly woke up, realized you don't actually like games and started doing the reasonable thing which is not buying more?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
PC gamers are above dancing semi naked girls unlike console bros

VNs sell a shitload on Steam. Anime cards sell the best on steam.

Yeah...

Ban Puncher

I'm sorry, really don't want to intrude or anything but even for SteamGAF's standards your game play times are shockingly low. So maybe you just suddenly woke up, realized you don't actually like games and started doing the reasonable thing which is not buying more?

Mental note - idle more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom