• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lain

Who even knows anymore.

At this point, I'm just about done with the game. I'll try to luck into one of the Reddit rooms over the next few days, but it seems the highest echelons have been reached and there's not much more to do. I'm just in it for the card drops at this point.

Just went to check and they are already at 1.5 millions. I'm still hanging there at 13k.

yuraya

New thread halfway through the month? >_> Isn't that like the fastest ever? You guise need to slow down and pace yourselves.

Anyways now that the conferences are all over I gotta say it was an overall solid E3. Conferences were all decent and some great megatons were dropped like Sony.

But at the end of the day the winner of E3 is Hideo Kojima. That MGSV trailer still tops everything and it so sad to think that may be the last mgs trailer ever edited by Kojima for E3 :(

Jazz573

Indeed. I not only consider myself very fortunate to have friends from the various message boards I've been a part of, but to have done many interesting or unique experiences in life. I find the GAF community to be charming as a whole, even with the pack mentality.

Just realized I don't know how old most of SteamGAF is. Please don't flood the thread wIth your ages.

I was looking at this but not many of you posted there.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
After the first drop (after 2 hours) they are now dropping every 15minutes or so.

I got the first drop just now, as soon as I reached 2 hours. So either something's not registering on a server somewhere, or Valve really is introducing something new with card drops due to the refunds.

Shadownet

Banned
Just realized I don't know how old most of SteamGAF is. Please don't flood the thread wIth your ages.
For the right price, I can be however old you want me to be.
lewd

No red filter, but plenty of blood.

IIRC, it's more Dark Souls-like. I think there's a bonfire mechanic.
Interesting. Will keep an eye on this game.

I wouldnt care. I just want to reach 300.000 to get the badge.
Chances are you will. With the Wormhole exploit that reddit found. You can get to 300k in just over an hour. But that require a lot of people to stack WH at once.

I got the first drop just now, as soon as I reached 2 hours. So either something's not registering on a server somewhere, or Valve really is introducing something new with card drops due to the refunds.

Yeah, I've definitely noticed that it's taking longer to get card drops. It does look like something due to the refund system. For people who care about playtime, I wonder if there's the issue of inflating your playtime of short games just for card drops.

Though speaking of ages, I think it's great that here we can interact with other game enthusiasts from different age groups that we normally don't associate with in our everyday lives. I believe SteamGAF ranges from those in their teens to over 40?

Shadownet

Banned
The problem is finding a room I can join. My highest level is 1600 :(
"The Early Bird Gets The Worm."
You just gotta be there before 12PM EST or whatever that translate to in China.

There is an autojoin script. All you have to do is find a room number. Plug that number in the script and it will keep trying to join the room until you get in. Now to find the right room, keep an eye out for Reddit, 4-Chan and SteamDB rooms. They contain the most hardcore players that will easily reach 300k tomorrow.

The awesome thing about reddit teams is that they create multiple rooms so even if you miss out on the first few rooms, you can still find one. I think there was 10 rooms today. Plus they are actually pretty helpful as well. I know that several hundred people from reddit room #1 and #2 left their room after getting way past 300k and goes down to the lower reddit rooms to help other people get to 300K.

Tomorrow probably around 11AM I'll try and post the autojoin script and links to where you can quickly find good rooms to join on here :) I'll send you a Steam PM too in case you miss it.

"The Early Bird Gets The Worm."
You just gotta be there before 12PM EST or whatever that translate to in China.

There is an autojoin script. All you have to do is find a room number. Plug that number in the script and it will keep trying to join the room until you get in. Now to find the right room, keep an eye out for Reddit, 4-Chan and SteamDB rooms. They contain the most hardcore players that will easily reach 300k tomorrow.

The awesome thing about reddit teams is that they create multiple rooms so even if you miss out on the first few rooms, you can still find one. I think there was 10 rooms today. Plus they are actually pretty helpful as well. I know that several hundred people from reddit room #1 and #2 left their room after getting way past 300k and goes down to the lower reddit rooms to help other people get to 300K.

Tomorrow probably around 11AM I'll try and post the autojoin script and links to where you can quickly find good rooms to join on here :) I'll send you a Steam PM too in case you miss it.

That is nice of you. Thanks~

yuraya

I honestly hope Metal Gear will just end here.
I hope that Konami will do mobile games based on this franchise, so I can totally skip them.
The story of Solid Snake has been close in MGS4. The story of Big Boss will end here.
I'm ok with games like a future Rising 2 made by Platinum, they did a great job.

But I don't want other Metal Gear, like "Ehi, Snake found a cure for FoxDie, now is young as ever, he can do other missions, so here it comes Metal Gear Solid Next".

Yea they need to do more spinoffs. Especially if Kojima won't be involved anymore. There are so many amazing characters in mgs universe. I wouldn't mind a game centered around Ocelot, Gray Fox or Meryl. I think Konami could do good with it and keep fans happy.

Lain

Speaking of the meta game, I brought my crit chance to 94% but I'm not seeing the level of crits I thought I'd see.

Shadownet

Banned
I've gotta be reading this wrong.

Was just looking at the "Shenmue 3 is being funded by Sony" thread. People are complaining about how the whole Kickstarter thing is shady and that they don't like it at all. Asking "why doesn't Sony just fund the whole thing?"

Some people actually think that if Sony fund this then there would be no PC version and that the Kickstarter was a lie.

Come on people.. How dense can you be.

Toki767

I haven't bought a single game yet. I'm kind of sad about that. Thinking of maybe just getting Phantom Breaker for $3.

Was just looking at the "Shenmue 3 is being funded by Sony" thread. People are complaining about how the whole Kickstarter thing is shady and that they don't like it at all. Asking "why doesn't Sony just fund the whole thing?"

Some people actually think that if Sony fund this then there would be no PC version and that the Kickstarter was a lie.

I think it is mostly that console gamers are not really that knowledgeable about the whole KS-system than PC-gamers.

Chariot

Isn't it the same kind of crowd that can't see 60 fps and don't see the financial benefits of PC gaming?

Shadownet

Banned
I think it is mostly that console gamers are not really that knowledgeable about the whole KS-system than PC-gamers.
I really hope so.

Isn't it the same kind of crowd that can't see 60 fps and don't see the financial benefits of PC gaming?
Don't remind me. My best friend is the same way. I try to explain that he should switch to PC as his main mode of gaming. Cause games are cheaper on here, graphic is almost always better, modding, etc.

I basically buy almost every games on PC now. The next game I'm probably going to get on PS4 is Uncharted 4 and then double dipping on No Man's Sky so I can play with you guys on here and with my friends on PS4.

baterism

Aside from that Microsoft Hololens also looks prety interesting.
Hololens on, look who is sleeping on my bed.

Do we have a game which was kickstarted but have no PC ver?
I'll be honest, Shenmue 3 was apparently so close being PS4-exclusive and the thought of it make me nervous. Good lord sense prevail.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C'mon now, happy because other people can't play the game is just sad.
I'm talking to you fanbois.

Arthea

just have seen No Man's Sky news, all is well in the world.
btw it's coming to steam isn't it? It's not some their own thing PC release?
How was pc in general? I've read only highlights.

Also good work on unlocking everything. Although it would seem we aren't getting significant discounts on expensive VNs yet another sale. Will we get those ever?

edited: in other news, still no cards for me. I'm kinda tired of doing new games all the time for no reason.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
So, I just woke up and trying to catch up with the PC conference.

Is Microsoft ditching Steam again? That worked so well for them last time...

Lain

I'll give them the annoyance over Suzuki and Sony not being transparent with the whole using KS to judge interest the way Iga did with Bloodstained. Other than that, I've been SMH the whole time and I don't even care about Shenmue (never played it and not gonna pledge money to it). People should be celebrating that Shenmue 3 is happening and they were given a chance to show how much love for this franchise there is still, not be petty assholes complaining about bullshit over and over.

Knurek

Anyone else wishing for Avalanche to add superpowers to Just Cause 3?

Make it an experience system, when the more destruction you deal, the more powers you can unlock. Just like in Saint's Row IV.

It would be lovely if you could start with guns, explosives, etc, like in previous games and go to "I AM DESTROYER OF WORLD" at the end of the game.

Toki767

I'm guessing only for retail Xbox One games that come to PC. The indie stuff they publish will still hit Steam.

I want to believe that the worst it will come to is crossbuy with XB1 being Win10 Store exclusive and potentially having some kind of timed exclusive dealio as well. (So coming to Steam later)

I mean, MS has been embracing Steam relatively heavily recently, so seeing them shift away from that after just barely coming around would be weird.

Lain

Lucky Shot? Pretty sure that increases crit damage, not crit chance.

No, crit, the item raises your crit chance permanently by 1% per use. I started my game with a bunch of them (and got more from the bosses). I looked at my stats and this is what they show:
2Dyb.png

But I'm not critting 95% of the time, sadly.

Chariot

Don't remind me. My best friend is the same way. I try to explain that he should switch to PC as his main mode of gaming. Cause games are cheaper on here, graphic is almost always better, modding, etc.

I basically buy almost every games on PC now. The next game I'm probably going to get on PS4 is Uncharted 4 and then double dipping on No Man's Sky so I can play with you guys on here and with my friends on PS4.
Yes, it's quite strange. I can understand that exclusives and games that can only played with tools on the consoles can be an argument, but other than that it's pretty dim. It's not rocket science anymore to setup a PC, it's not particulary more expensive unless you want to have murder machine and there are so many options and choices to be have.

No, crit, the item raises your crit chance permanently by 1% per use. I started my game with a bunch of them (and got more from the bosses). I looked at my stats and this is what they show:
2Dyb.png

It's like 99% Hit Chance in X-Com, really.

2Dyb.png

Oh, I see. :/

Hopefully it would be resolved after today's reset.

Tizoc

Just got DmC ps4 for $7.50
Gonna grab dmc4se from gmg for $19 then order ps4 dmc asia ver. From playasua for my brother
The get a $100 psn cash code to resub to plus and for a few other stuff
And i would still have cash enough for the rest of the sale :v

MaxiLive

I just can't fathom some people's complaints. "Why don't Sony fund this via pre-orders..." Erm, what do they think the rewards for Kickstarter are?!

Most of it just seems to be from entitled gamers having almost zero understand having the gaming industry and business side of things work. Still stuck in the past as if it were 10 years ago when massive publishers rules the gaming landscape.

Total War Warhammer D:

I thought it was gonna be based on the games workshop warhammer 40k universe, meh.

I want Total War Warhammer 40k :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom