• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

I want Total War Warhammer 40k :|
Me too. But some small planet system where all factions are trying to get a foothold it in would be nice.

I also want Paradox to make a Grand Strategy Warhammer 40k, but I believe they stated when asked for Game of Thrones, that they don't like working with someone else's IP. I think it was in the honest Joe interview.

The_Super_Inframan

"the journey to a thousand games ends with bad rats. ~Lao Tzu" ~Gabe Newell
Yeah, I made my post clearer.

maybe the next one will be 40K

I think it makes sense using Warhammer Fantasy first considering that the franchise only used historic settings till now

But I like 40K also way more than Fantasy so I hope your wish comes true ;)

Chariot

Warhammer Fantasy is actually a better setting for a total war game.
The game is designed around large scale fantasy armies.
40k is based on small squad skirmish battles.
The setting is good anyways, the 40k universe has a lot large scale battle and you could really have a fun time setting up like hundreds of Space Marines against thousands of Orks in one battle and having to deal with the ork infection afterwards. It would also funny if diplomaty would only exist between the Empire factions, while it's non-existent with the other factions and everyone would be in a constant war, except the factions of the empire that are by default in peace with each other, but can get into internal struggles.

Knurek

I'm now obsessed trying to make all my games 1080p60 T_T

I have 750TI and pretty much every game released before 2013 (with some, notable exceptions that don't run 1080p60 anywhere, GTA4, FFXIII, etc) can do that.
Stick with classics, is what I'm saying.

tmarg

The setting is good anyways, the 40k universe has a lot large scale battle and you could really have a fun time setting up like hundreds of Space Marines against thousands of Orks in one battle and having to deal with the ork infection afterwards. It would also funny if diplomaty would only exist between the Empire factions, while it's non-existent with the other factions and everyone would be in a constant war, except the factions of the empire that are by default in peace with each other, but can get into internal struggles.

Everything you just said also applies to warhammer fantasy, except fantasy is actually a game designed to pit large, Total War style armies against each other, and 40k isn't.

The setting is also much more likely to appeal to existing Total War fans, and has more room for expansions, with a huge selection armies that look and play significantly differently from each other. With 40k, they'd end up in the unenviable position of having to convince people who aren't big 40k fans to care about the differences between 10 different types of space marines.

I can totally understand people preferring 40k to fantasy, but fantasy is objectively the better choice of setting for this game. Similarly, 40k is a better choice for a more traditional RTS, which is why it was used for the Dawn of War games.

Chariot

Everything you just said also applies to warhammer fantasy, except fantasy is actually a game designed to pit large, Total War style armies against each other, and 40k isn't.

The setting is also much more likely to appeal to existing Total War fans, and has more room for expansions, with a huge selection armies that look and play significantly differently from each other. With 40k, they'd end up in the unenviable position of having to convince people who aren't big 40k fans to care about the differences between 10 different types of space marines.

I can totally understand people preferring 40k to fantasy, but fantasy is objectively the better choice of setting for this game. Similarly, 40k is a better choice for a more traditional RTS, which is why it was used for the Dawn of War games.
I didn't say that regular Warhammer shouldn't happen at all. I just like 40k a lot more and would love to see an entry of it.

There is no need to have dozens of different chapters there, just make it random or let the player build some unique chapter with different colour and such. Just have one "Space Marine" faction to keep it easy for newcomes and have the Inquisition, Imperial Army and maybe the Adeptos Sororitas. When it comes to it, people probably didn't know much about the social and political structes of Sengoku Japan either and Shogun 2 worked just fine. 40k isn't that difficult to grasp and player will discover the relationships between the different distinct faction rather easily.

fantomena

Phil Spencer makes a really good point about early access. He says that every EA game on xbox will have a demo so people know what they are getting

Steam should do that

Wrote about this yesterday. There are 60 min trials for games under game preview. Which is pretty cool. So MS beat Valve with that imo.

wilflare

I have 750TI and pretty much every game released before 2013 (with some, notable exceptions that don't run 1080p60 anywhere, GTA4, FFXIII, etc) can do that.
Stick with classics, is what I'm saying.

I can't seem to get Life is Strange working with CSAA
is it a DX9 game? can't get GeDoSaTo working either

What does SteamGAF think of RAGE

I quite liked it. There are issues, textures constantly pop in, that gets old real quick and the game kind of just ends all of a sudden. I always had the impression that they ran out of time/money and just put it out there. There are many worse ways to burn $7.49

from bottom to top

pME22MO.png

Diedac

ModBot said:
Instructions for Diedac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Borealis -- MB-67F20BB972DDC6FA - Taken by MaxiLive
FIST OF JESUS -- MB-5E42CA3390C3528C - Taken by Widdly Scuds

Javier23

Banned
At this rate, Duke Nukem Forever, Shenmue 3, The Last Guardian and a remake of Final Fantasy VII will have all been released before HL3 does. Let that sink in for a minute.

Uzzy

40k would easily fit into a Total War sized game. There's been 40k spinoffs that focused on mammoth armies (Epic) and expansions that did the same (Apocalypse). Space Marines could be used in a more canonical manner too, as the elite of the elite, small forces that work on a more strategic level, rather than as the grunts you see in the RTS games.

It'd be cool. There's loads of factions that you could use.

derExperte

Is it worth watching the PC Gamer conference? It's really boring so far >_>

The beginning is too slow, then it picks up considerably and the host is really, really good. Then it goes on for ~30 minutes too long. Overall I loved the relaxed mood and I hope they keep the general concept for next year just with a bit less talk and more gameplay. The parts where the devs played their games were the best. Enter The Gungeon. Hnnngh.

wilflare

this doesnt make any sense
Ryse without Origin running in the background 45++fps
Ryse with Origin running in the background 60++fps

Yeah, next year the show can become really good. Improve the pacing, cut down on time, do away with fillers, more gameplay, keep the host and it'll be set.

Parsnip

You guys posted a lot overnight.
Or I just slept really long.

Killer Instinct and Gears Ultimate on PC, that's nice.
And majornelson saying 'message received' for MCC PC?
And No Man's Sky, but we all knew that already.

And Dark Souls 3 is co-directed and has been in dev for a long time already. That's cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom