• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buraindo

I played Hitman Absolution last year, and those open ended levels where you're tasked with assassinating someone and have a dozen ways to do it are fantastic. I really enjoyed those.

My main issue was that you had maybe five of those levels and fifteen linear levels where you had to stealth your way through crowds and guards, dealing with the dodgy disguise system.

Yeah I enjoyed most of my time with Absolution, the voice acting was great and it made some characters far more interesting and some levels were, as you pointed out, really fun to play.
But calling the disguise system dodgy is an understatement. I gave up using the damn thing because later levels are packed with enemies that spot you just as fast as if you were wearing your default suit.
Might as well just go for the extra points.

Deitus

I tried to go for something spider related but then I realized I'm too sleepy.

Oh, spiders, that makes sense. I assumed it was a reference to something, but devoid of any context it sounded like something else (though I didn't think it was intentional).

Speaking of spiders. I started Hand of Fate yesterday, guess what was in the settings?

An option to turn spiders on/off.

More games should have that for people like zky.

Wow, I've never seen a game with that option. Yeah, that would be pretty cool if more games had the option, but I guess it depends on how easy it is to just remove them without breaking the game.

Grief.exe

I see even tho me and others have asked politely for people to stop using eye destroying CA avatars, people dont give 2 fucks about what you ask

This from the thread where new users are insulted for posting spider pictures because they had no clue 1 user was afraid of spiders.

Never chance steamgaf

Too bad there is no INI file for GAF.

Erekiddo

Both Neptunia games are on my radar.

But I didn't want to spend any more this sale. :(

Edit: Neptunia games + DLC games bought. Argarest War games will have to wait.

Shadownet

Banned
Wow, I've never seen a game with that option. Yeah, that would be pretty cool if more games had the option, but I guess it depends on how easy it is to just remove them without breaking the game.
I might be wrong but I think the spiders in this game are just aesthetic creatures scurrying around the battlefield while you fight in some areas.

Not main enemies. That might be why its so easy to turn them on/off.
----
I'm going to finish Huniepop today and either start NepNep or
attempt to
finish Witcher 3.
----
Should I get Beyond Good and Evil at this price? It's $5.99 40% off. Or wait till lower later on. Never play it before.

Neptunia is a genuinely good and fun game. Don't listen to the haters.

I bought both 1 and 2, as well as all the DLC, in this most recent sale.

I've been having fun with 1 so far. It's pretty fun, but the level scaling is all over the place. One dungeon will be easy, the next you'll scrape by trash mobs by the skin of your teeth, and the one after that will be easy again, and you're like "wait, what the fuck?"

Messiah

I can only think of two: Hektor and Messiah

189.gif

This was the first sale in a long time I spent more than 50$ on. Now to
never
play all these games.

I bought both 1 and 2, as well as all the DLC, in this most recent sale.

I've been having fun with 1 so far. It's pretty fun, but the level scaling is all over the place. One dungeon will be easy, the next you'll scrape by trash mobs by the skin of your teeth, and the one after that will be easy again, and you're like "wait, what the fuck?"

I do all the available side dungeons including "bosses" and try to unlock a lot of plans and I never had that problem. It seems to me the game is balanced around the player not going straight through the story dungeons. Plutia and Peashy are definitely necessary in the beginning though.

I do all the available side dungeons including "bosses" and try to unlock a lot of plans and I never had that problem. It seems to me the game is balanced around the player not going straight through the story dungeons. Plutia and Peashy are definitely necessary in the beginning though.

Actually that's exactly what I had been doing. I kept finding plans for new dungeons until I came to one that was super hard, so I decided to go back to the story and the next dungeon was easy again. A "recommended level" might have been helpful, or I guess they just rely on your common sense to nope out of a dungeon after facing its first mobs.

Actually that's exactly what I had been doing. I kept finding plans for new dungeons until I came to one that was super hard, so I decided to go back to the story and the next dungeon was easy again. A "recommended level" might have been helpful, or I guess they just rely on your common sense to nope out of a dungeon after facing its first mobs.

Yeah, the story dungeons are definitely very easy if you do the optional ones, but going as far as you can in those and stopping when it gets too tough (or trying to barely beat it somehow) is a big reason why I'm enjoying it so much. The difficulty is very flexible that way.

Shadownet

Banned
That seems to be quite a few JRPG I've ever played, most of the time is because I went to a place I wasn't suppose to go yet.

Apparently I missed a Call of Juarez flash sale yesterday. Bummer.
So you could say, you didn't hear the Call.
-----
Why didn't no one told me to play Knights of Pen and Paper sooner. So much fun.

maty

Any achievement hunter here? I just played PACMAN CE DX+ and it took me 1.5h to get all achievements. Still have a few medals to get and try other mazes. Or maybe I'll jump straight to Pix the Cat.

wilflare

1. NingenJenai
2. StillFreshVeggie
3. Spiklon
4. BlizzardDemons
5. Furf and fatman

Runner up: Attravellererererer and Mr.J-Techie Moneybag.

list of my favorite gaffers

ok. :(

---
hmm any thoughts on the LEGO games being pulled off the store?
thinking of jumping on them lol

ok. :(

---
hmm any thoughts on the LEGO games being pulled off the store?
thinking of jumping on them lol

Possible but I doubt it theres been some Lego franchise games on Steam for forever.

I will say that once you've played one you've kinda played them all though, they're very similar.

Arthea

Any achievement hunter here? I just played PACMAN CE DX+ and it took me 1.5h to get all achievements. Still have a few medals to get and try other mazes. Or maybe I'll jump straight to Pix the Cat.

I envy you, I still haven't four! achievements and not for the lack of trying, maybe I'm just too old for this already, I can't beat time trial's highest level on any maze I try. I even bought better keyboard for this, which in fact turned to be not better at all, but that's besides the point.
You are good at this. Have you beat any Ozie's scores? If you did, please brag a lot!

maty

Sorry if this was already asked but does anyone else have problems when adding a game to the shopping cart with chrome?

I keep getting

An error was encountered while processing your request:

There was an error trying to load your shopping cart. Please try again later.

zkylon

zkylewd
I tried to go for something spider related but then I realized I'm too sleepy.

so I fucked up.

Speaking of spiders. I started Hand of Fate yesterday, guess what was in the settings?

An option to turn spiders on/off.

More games should have that for people like zky.
yeah, i wish more games had that option, or at least were easily moddable

would help a lot

i liked mars war logs quite a bit, so i'm interested to find out when those people will make an actually solid game

the setting was pretty decent, so i hope it's like a sequel, tho i guess doing the whole prison break thing again wouldn't work :T

Alright, so I finally bought Transistor. I know it is a different game from Bastion, I know how it plays, I even sadly know how it ends (but not the context so that helps) and I like weird combat systems like this. Is there anything that I should know that might annoy me when I play this or something? Something that just turned people off from it.

I am disappointed in you.

Nabs

Alright, so I finally bought Transistor. I know it is a different game from Bastion, I know how it plays, I even sadly know how it ends (but not the context so that helps) and I like weird combat systems like this. Is there anything that I should know that might annoy me when I play this or something?

I am disappointed in you.

Not that I can think of?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
There's no way to sell the Welcome Box of DOTA2 or trade it to someone that'll use it because I hate DOTA/MOBA's. Volvo plz. Why would you do this? :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom