• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hektor

Any defenders of RE6 in here? 75% off and having just dropped in base price recently seems like it's unlikely to be cheaper on Steam for at least another year.

Unless the DLC is important.

D13.gif

re6-requiem-150combo-u7u7i.gif

original.gif

guys don't forget to get a 4K TV to play Arkham Knight in crispy sharpness @_@

Buying a 4K tv for your PS4, what could go wrong?

Wasn't sure where to ask this and googling didn't really help so I'm hoping someone here has a solution.

I've been replaying Arkham City on New Game + and after finishing the game I discovered my achievements aren't unlocking. Checked others and nothing is unlocking now and I have no idea why. I've tried verifying the cache, reinstalling, running in compat mode for Win 7, starting a new game and nothing has worked. I guess it's not a big deal but hopefully someone can help.

ViviOggi

Any defenders of RE6 in here? 75% off and having just dropped in base price recently seems like it's unlikely to be cheaper on Steam for at least another year.

Coop is great fun, many opportunities for griefing and other shenanigans

komorebi

RE6 is one of the best bad action movies you'll ever play. Go into it with that in mind and you'll have a blast especially if you play co-op with a buddy.

but that thing bethesda.net... I have a bad feeling about it...

IIRC that doesn't launch until Doom in spring 2016 so at the very least Fallout 4 will be ok.

Bigby

How are you so sure?

Their community manager said on Twitter that Pip-Boy edition comes with a Steam key.

IIRC that doesn't launch until Doom in spring 2016 so at the very least Fallout 4 will be ok.

It's weird, Doom page says it's Steam version.

Both Fallout are Doom are bigger games than Dishonored or Battlecry and they don't launch Bethesda.net with it?

It wasn't a very big studio, was it? Also, it seemed dedicated to these niche experimental titles, which are FINE, but when those experiments fail you've got to try something else. Maybe even sell out a bit with a more mainstream venture in order to fund your pet projects. I never played any of their games even though I was aware of them, and the closure of a studio is always bad, but that's the nature of capitalism especially as Steam is flooded with indie games all competing for your dollar (or indeed, handful of cents.)

Lain

Weird, Ori glitched or something and gave me two achievements that i havent earned yet

Ori has been doing that since release. Every time I started the game, it would unlock some complete achievement for me if I had complete a step of the achievement. I guess they didn't fix that.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
maybe stop selling your fucking indie games at premium prices and more people will buy them. We joke that "15 became the new 10 and now 20 is the new 15" but its totally true. Most of these games have no business being 20.

L.O.R.D

Top played Steam games in saudi arabia
http://steamspy.com/country/SA

Counter-Strike: Global Offensive
Grand Theft Auto V
Dota 2
Team Fortress 2
Garry's Mod ( i am surprised from this )
Unturned
Arma 3
ARK: Survival Evolved
Mount & Blade: Warband
S.K.I.L.L. - Special Force 2

MRORANGE

I did alright, just bought everything on the last day for £70

BioShock Triple Pack
Age of Empires II
This War of Mine
Outlast
Life Is Strange Episode 1
Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut
BattleBlock Theater
Skullgirls
Resident Evil 4 (ROW)
Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3 - EU Version
Final Fantasy III
METAL GEAR SOLID V: GROUND ZEROES
Grim Fandango Remastered
Cook, Serve, Delicious!
Binary Domain
Resident Evil Revelations (ROW)
PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate
Return to Castle Wolfenstein
Unreal Tournament 2004
Child of Light

FHMz0BD.gif

Adventis

I only played Valdis out of those 3, so I'm going to suggest Valdis. It's a fun game, a bit of a combination between a metroidvania and a sidescrolling DMC because of the combos.

Thanks, after much deliberation and almost getting Ethan Carter in lieu of those 3, I went ahead with Jade Empire after all. =P

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
what does telltale have announced besides that Michone 3 episode Walking Dead thing?

(besides the last few eps of Borderlands and GoT that is)

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
what does telltale have announced besides that Michone 3 episode Walking Dead thing?

Minecraft Story Mode is the only one I'm certain of. I think that they might have announced The Walking Dead season 3 already, but I'm not sure.

komorebi

Their community manager said on Twitter that Pip-Boy edition comes with a Steam key.

It's weird, Doom page says it's Steam version.

Both Fallout are Doom are bigger games than Dishonored or Battlecry and they don't launch Bethesda.net with it?

Well I could be wrong but I thought I read it won't be out until Doom, but with the emphasis on FO4's mods you'd think it would launch sooner right?

I don't think Bethesda is going to launch this all-in-one thing just so people can read news, chat or browse mods. I personally think it will be like Uplay and RS Social Club where all Steam versions will be forced to go through it, but it will also enable Bethesda to sell their own keys that are redeemable ONLY through Beth.net. I hope I'm wrong but why create it in the first place?

Rhaknar

Minecraft Story Mode is the only one I'm certain of. I think that they might have announced The Walking Dead season 3 already, but I'm not sure.

they announced that Michone thing instead I guess. Surprised theres no FablesWolf Among Us season 2 announced

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
How are you so sure?

I hope so... but that thing bethesda.net... I have a bad feeling about it...

Anyone in their right mind is having bad feelings about bethesda.net.

New DRM is always something I have no problem being cynical about (though I'm pretty cynical about almost everything in the gaming industry)

Hektor

Minecraft, Marvel and TWD Season 3. That michone stuff is its own project seperate from S3.

And hopefully, for the love of god and all that is holy, soon a new engine.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge

I believe Resident Evil 6 to be worth it entirely at a cheap price alongside Onslaught Mode.

It's just good fun with the combat system combined with a Puyo Puyo style competitive play of doing one's best with high combos to send more enemies at your opponent (and vice versa). Makes for some good hectic fun.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I did alright, just bought everything on the last day for £70

You did good MRORANGE - everything here is pretty damn solid and should keep you busy for quite some time!

It sucks that the other episodes of Life Is Strange didn't have a bigger discount, but the game is totally worth it.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
It wasn't a very big studio, was it? Also, it seemed dedicated to these niche experimental titles, which are FINE, but when those experiments fail you've got to try something else. Maybe even sell out a bit with a more mainstream venture in order to fund your pet projects. I never played any of their games even though I was aware of them, and the closure of a studio is always bad, but that's the nature of capitalism especially as Steam is flooded with indie games all competing for your dollar (or indeed, handful of cents.)

That blog post confirms that Sunset was indeed exactly that. They dropped a lot of the arthouse aspects of their previous games, studied more successful indies (some of which list ToT as an inspiration, strangely enough) and made something that was very much mainstream. The press they had received was extremely positive and indicated that it was this easing of their previously hard-to-swallow techniques was limiting their audience.

And even then, it still failed for them.

maybe stop selling your fucking indie games at premium prices and more people will buy them. We joke that "15 became the new 10 and now 20 is the new 15" but its totally true. Most of these games have no business being 20.

I knew the pricepoint was going to be a killer for it. Shame they were unable to wait and see how refunds would affect them overtime before calling time of death. However...

What are the chances that their games get removed from Steam?

...there's almost zero chance of this, as the games could still possibly earn them revenue. At the moment, they're asking people to support them in any way they can, including purchasing their games. They won't rip a potential source of income down when they have nothing to lose just leaving it up.

Rhaknar

that Walking Dead S2 first episode reminded me how much I dig that telltale stuff, went for broke on the rest of the stuff I didnt have, now im proper done with the sale

Sch1sm

Kinda tempted to buy Ori. Between how gorgeous the game is and its rating, it's getting difficult to resist even with my backlog. Maybe when my last refund has come in, if it gets in before 9 PDT tomorrow, anyway.

I see even tho me and others have asked politely for people to stop using eye destroying CA avatars, people dont give 2 fucks about what you ask

This from the thread where new users are insulted for posting spider pictures because they had no clue 1 user was afraid of spiders.

Never chance steamgaf

I'll change mine, I didn't see your request earlier.

Werd

Alright, you convinced me. Resident Evil 6 and Alien Isolation at the finish line, and with that I join the 1,000 club.
Qx5w4eA.jpg

To celebrate, here are some games most of you already have!
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Werd, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Fairy Bloom Freesia -- MB-0BC95826FA863363 - Taken by L.O.R.D. 3 entrants total.
VVVVV -- MB-373C15B83EB62553
The 39 Steps -- MB-6DE5C33B0EC9616F - Taken by tioslash. 1 entrants total.
140 -- MB-9532F1D196BB1C33 - Taken by Madn. 2 entrants total.

t1434917298z1.png

Lain

Kinda tempted to buy Ori. Between how gorgeous the game is and its rating, it's getting difficult to resist even with my backlog. Maybe when my last refund has come in, if it gets in before 9 PDT tomorrow, anyway.

Ori is one of those rare games that kept me glued until I finished it. Even just the first 5 minutes with the game made me think this was worth paying full price. Some sections can be frustrating and a couple design decision are... heh, but the gameplay itself, the art and the music are top notch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom