• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adventis

That's unfortunate

Hmm, true. Like I said in the other thread, it was tough deciding since I found it hard to justify paying so much for games I know have been much cheaper in the past but I needed to hit a cap with just one more purchase and after some research Jade Empire seemed like the one that was most interesting and that I was most likely to play sometime soon so....yea.

Besides, I wasn't sure if I'd really enjoy Ethan Carter's 'walking simulator' aspect so I'm gonna hold out for better deals on all the others. Already have a monstrous backlog anyway with a library of 300+ games.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Tizoc, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 22 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

STRIDER -- MB-9DD086D1BEBB34C6 - Taken by Mr.McFist. 103 entrants total.
One of my 2014 GotY contenders
Metal Slug 3 -- MB-23E7EF02845C3FE6 - Taken by Reikon. 29 entrants total.
Skullgirls -- MB-A1F473EF7BE5608D - Taken by NoRN. 38 entrants total.
Schrodingers Cat And The Raiders Of The Lost Quark -- MB-7EE1D815AADA3BF1 - Taken by kami_sama. 2 entrants total.
Boxeswithguns -- MB-45DAB8A508D78DED
MouseCraft -- MB-8717452210675155 - Taken by Catshade. 4 entrants total.
Adventures of Pip -- MB-805A2E8C2208282A - Taken by Undead Bokun. 63 entrants total.
One of my 2015 GotY contenders
Ikaruga -- MB-81D009370E6BAD1E - Taken by Red Blaster. 102 entrants total.

GO! GO! NIPPON! ~MY FIRST TRIP TO JAPAN~ -- MB-20A22F46106E5194 - Taken by Yomidi. 8 entrants total.
Killer is Dead -- MB-7F2AC120B9B48D23 - Taken by famfrit. 70 entrants total.
Freedom Planet -- MB-8DA57F6B57C528D2 - Taken by Natty1. 43 entrants total.
One of my 2014 GotY contenders
Gunhound EX -- MB-F5E9F6014D299F14 - Taken by pantsattack. 22 entrants total.
It's like Metal Slug only with mechas but just as awesome
Metal Slug X -- MB-6F637B7D62847988 - Taken by Freezard. 29 entrants total.
Aqua Kitty: Milk Mine Defender -- MB-DA0472684E899092 - Taken by jimboton. 4 entrants total.
One Finger Death Punch -- MB-B142851EC6200E1F - Taken by Envelope. 17 entrants total.
D4: Dark Dreams Dont Die -- MB-4C81D9C87F823370 - Taken by Insured. 213 entrants total.
Miner Warfare -- MB-79AAD02CABA0BD47 - Taken by titch. 2 entrants total.
Ys VI: The Ark of Napishtim -- MB-19F487051F3FF91B - Taken by TheLight. 132 entrants total.
Torchlight II -- MB-6BFFF561E6FCC98D - Taken by The Reloader. 25 entrants total.
Silent Age -- MB-B00DA655F1CFBC0B - Taken by DaBargainHunta. 24 entrants total.
Simple but nice PnC game
Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes -- MB-272BFD312DB8D83D - Taken by user237. 18 entrants total.
Great match3 Plusrpg hybrid doesn't uplay too!
PGP3OVL.png
STALKER Clear Sky GOG key -- MB-D0816D8C632B8EF7 - Taken by DSix. 5 entrants total.
Nicole -- MB-3573D6C01C1584E9 - Taken by gaiadyne. 5 entrants total.

t1434912073z1.png

Bought Orange Box and it said i would get an extra Portal. woke up this morning and had an extra Portal. Hope somebody out there who doesnt have it wins

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (the_firewithin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Portal -- MB-F38AE158F01F566B - Taken by Se7enSword. 3 entrants total.

t1434910638z1.png

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 6 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:

l3L0MM1.jpg

Mystery Gift #6 -- MB-B99368FCF4EDB0CF - Taken by The Red Wizard
Mystery Gift #5 -- MB-7CAB3B83EEA6243C - Taken by Mixed2k
Mystery Gift #4 -- MB-513D8FD07C15E93E - Taken by Kuroyume
Mystery Gift #3 -- MB-DC223DFCD8B833E3 - Taken by gurm3n
Mystery Gift #2 -- MB-6275E4CCB2DD0EB0 - Taken by Belgarion
Mystery Gift -- MB-05B74B5B56CCBAB1 - Taken by trailmix16

derExperte

Although I missed the daily I think I will get SALT and Cosomochoria and call it a sale.

Thumbs up for Cosmo, doing the same things over and over again became boring after ~10hrs but until then there's lots to discover, try out, plant and kill. Very charming overall.

I'd like to hear what you think after episodes 2 and 3.

The story of LIS escalates in every chapter. You should definitely continue to see why pretty much everyone was blown away by the time episode 3 ended.

So I went and started episode 2 intending on just taking a quick look at it and finished it right then and there. Ending was hella krazy.
I managed to save Kate which is good. The bit at the principles office was tense as hell because I thought I didn't have the rewind power for it. Initially I went with the teacher knowing that he didn't really do anything wrong but he still had disciplinary action taken out against him. Tried Nathan next but there was still no case against him and I'd get suspended. Not good. The stupid security guard called me a druggie and a dope dealer as well lol. I had just spoken to him admitting that it was Chloe's and I was just covering up for her and he seemed kind of decent coming out of that conversation. He called me a junkie when I leveled the blame at him as well. I decided on going with that route seeing as I didn't take the photo of him and the investigation wouldn't go anywhere. The closing cinematic kind of makes it look like he got fired? I dunno. I'm thinking he's in league with the Prescott's with the way the candid conversation with him doesn't factor in at all. Lackey written all over him.

It's only going to get krazier from here right? Ooof

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
So I went and started episode 2 intending on just taking a quick look at it and finished it right then and there. Ending was hella krazy.
I managed to save Kate which is good. The bit at the principles office was tense as hell because I thought I didn't have the rewind power for it. Initially I went with the teacher knowing that he didn't really do anything wrong but he still had disciplinary action taken out against him. Tried Nathan next but there was still no case against him and I'd get suspended. Not good. The stupid security guard called me a druggie and a dope dealer as well lol. I had just spoken to him admitting that it was Chloe's and I was just covering up for her and he seemed kind of decent coming out of that conversation. He called me a junkie when I leveled the blame at him as well. I decided on going with that route seeing as I didn't take the photo of him and the investigation wouldn't go anywhere. The closing cinematic kind of makes it look like he got fired? I dunno. I'm thinking he's in league with the Prescott's with the way the candid conversation with him doesn't factor in at all. Lackey written all over him.

You've got a whooooooooooole other episode for things to escalate with ;3

I think the 5 second join delay for level 100 million badge owners might have backfired, YOWH #1 was full after five seconds. Joined #2 after two seconds and it jumped from 100 to 2.4 million and then to 5.7 million, seems to be doing pretty well.

Wok

I think the 5 second join delay for level 100 million badge owners might have backfired, YOWH #1 was full after five seconds. Joined #2 after two seconds and it jumped from 100 to 2.4 million and then to 5.7 million, seems to be doing pretty well.

#2 is by far the best of the first three rooms.

Copons and Toki767 are in there too.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I am in room #2. The best room (actually, second right now).

5Z4iBvz.png

Only 645 active players in my room? I guess that explains why it's suddenly slowed down. I just wish most of them weren't using nukes against the x100 bosses. Oh well, I made my commitment ot this room, I'll just have to hope for the best to get that final badge.

Wok

Only 645 active players in my room? I guess that explains why it's suddenly slowed down. I just wish most of them weren't using nukes against the x100 bosses. Oh well, I made my commitment ot this room, I'll just have to hope for the best to get that final badge.

Room #2 is well-coordinated.

thPeHYN.png

Unrelated, this is what I bought during the sales. I hope I can put Dota2 down to play other games.

ntbdFPp.png

Watched a review of DA:Inquisition. Visuals are so good but I hear that gameplay is MMO-like. Does that mean action is not direct and more button mash and that there is too much grinding?

pahamrick

Watched a review of DA:Inquisition. Visuals are so good but I hear that gameplay is MMO-like. Does that mean action is not direct and more button mash and that there is too much grinding?

The combat is more action oriented than MMO like imo, but there is way too much grinding and the drops for crafting are random so you're at the mercy of RNG. I enjoyed it, and put close to 100 hours in it.

#2 is by far the best of the first three rooms.

Copons and Toki767 are in there too.

It does seem to have a good number of trolls, but doing quite well regardless (lots of wormholes at level 6725195 for instance).

EDIT: Preparing for a jump again.

Hektor

You've seen nothing yet.

The combat is more action oriented than MMO like imo, but there is way too much grinding and the drops for crafting are random so you're at the mercy of RNG. I enjoyed it, and put close to 100 hours in it.
Thanks! If it's up to the player whether to grind or skip and progress faster then all is good. And very good to hear combat is action-y.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom