• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sch1sm

My Steam profile right now is saying I have 0 games and 0 badge level. What's the deal?

It'll show back up. Don't worry.

So much hate for people saying this was the worst sale ever / I don't even

I haven't a clue why. Probably because something specific they wanted wasn't given a steeper discount through daily/flash/community. I didn't pick up as much as I did the past winter or last summer, but it was still enjoyable. The lack of repeats was lovely, even if the discounts weren't the greatest for every single game.
I'm under the impression too many PC gamers are just too cheap now.
I bought a good set of games, I'm happy with it. Spent less than half of the $100 I set aside for it. No complaints.

The only thing I can see people really complaining about is the meta game, but even then it's not like the cheats were secret. Nothing in that respect was wrong with it. It just didn't invoke any interest. It was boring. No spirit to it, no real "competition" like last summer.

Bunch of people who bought arkham knight season pass codes off CDKeys are redeeming as something called Beaver. Anybody got any idea what that is? Anyway, take this as a reminder not to buy from unauthorised resellers, kids.

Did they stop giving out summer cards for badges in the middle of the night? Crafted my metal slug and didn't get a summer card...that's 3 cards steam owes me now...

Happened three times to me too but I received a booster pack for each game I made a badge from shortly afterwards.

Lomax

I spent more money this sale than I have in several years, and it was good to see Valve wake up and greatly increase the number of games on sale. The event game was at least an attempt to make things more interactive, which I'm all for. Overall, I'd say it was a dramatic improvement from the winter sale.

pahamrick

The salt is real, and my $50 haul (paid with by card money) says otherwise. It was another great sale this year.

Yeah, this was a great sale. I spent $80 total, $40 from steam wallet credit from some gamestop trade ins, and $40 from card money. Great sale, and I could have spent double that if I had more.

BHK3

Banned
Happened three times to me too but I received a booster pack for each game I made a badge from shortly afterwards.

I made a few badges at the start of the sale and didn't get cards for two of them, they never popped up later either. Now today I didn't get one and I'm afraid to make more badges...

iosefe

So I was in a gamestop telling my sister how excited I was for Type-0 to hit steam.

Suddenly the sales associate just blurts out saying...

"that game sucks."

D:

I'm still excited

Deitus

Sale was fine. In most cases, there's just diminishing returns on sales, because you no longer have the surprise of "wow AAA games for $5" when it's expected going in, and people's gamecounts have been expanding to the point that a lot of the games on sale are already owned. Especially with things like Humble Bundle in the mix. It's inevitable that it would happen, but I can understand why people would continue chasing the dragon of their first Steam sale.

Though I'm sure certain key games not getting good enough sales, or being featured in daily sales despite not having a real discount probably ruffled a few feathers as well.

Personally, I didn't end up picking up much that I'm excited about. A lot of the games I was wanting to pick up on sale didn't get good enough discounts (though at least Axiom Verge's devs said up front that it wasn't going to go on sale for several months if I recall). I still picked up a bunch of games off my wishlist that finally hit impulse buy prices, but looking at my list, none jump out at me as something I can't wait to play.

I made a few badges at the start of the sale and didn't get cards for two of them, they never popped up later either. Now today I didn't get one and I'm afraid to make more badges...

Huh, I assumed everyone was getting the booster packs. Would be a massive coincidence if I got a booster for each game I just made a badge for but didn't get a card.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
In some way win 10 bugged out and didn't let me now I was behind like 6 updates and didn't update by itself.

At least the "new" start menu looks a lot better with the transparent background.

So much hate for people saying this was the worst sale ever / I don't even

Limited repeats (if any), an actual legit mini game (that was pretty great), and a lot of smaller titles got featured. Am I legit pissed about Dark Souls 2? Yup...but it was still a pretty great sale.

Other than the wealth of EA stuff and a couple of 'non daily' dailies.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Limited repeats (if any), an actual legit mini game (that was pretty great), and a lot of smaller titles got featured. Am I legit pissed about Dark Souls 2? Yup...but it was still a pretty great sale.

Completly agree, the minigame has been the best since the achievements one like 2011.

Jawmuncher

image4dbsy.jpg

Was this posted?

Sch1sm

Did you end up just buying it despite the lack of sale, or are you leaving it to winter?

Suddenly the sales associate just blurts out saying...

"that game sucks."

Pretty sure I'd lose my job at GameStop if I told a customer that and my superiors were around.

Shadownet

Banned
Not a very good sales assistant!
I was about to say, even if it is true. You should say that differently and recommend something else.

When I used to work at GameStop. A guy came in wanted to buy the Walking Dead Survival Instinct. I told him it wasnt really good. But if he wanted a great Walking Dead game. The TellTale one would be amazing. Sure the isn't an action type of gameplay. But I'm sure he would enjoy it.

The other way of doing is a sure way of losing a customer.

Edit: lmao, you work at GameStop too Sch1sm??

ViviOggi

Ori and the Blind Forest gave me feels 15 min. into and all I did was just move characters right and left.
THE FEELS GAF, GET IT FOR THE FEEEEEELS!
Ori's prologue is masterful storytelling to the point that I was a bit disappointed when it abruptly switched to its actual gameplay loop

Copons

That's pretty much what I'm telling those people.
And they answer me about inflated prices like GTA5 or the fact that it's the sale they spent the least, like it objectively matters something.

Oh and the hate against the mingame it's also unbelievable. Like Valve is forcing people to join a room and click on stuff, or else the sale would suck, except it will suck anyway because people already have everything on sale at less than 5 [any-currency] and can't admit, even with themselves, that they're too cheap to buy a game on top of their wishlist for 10 [currency], also people just enjoy complaining for the sake of complaining.

The sale was fine. No repeats, no community voting for BL2 or Alan Wake to get discounted for billionth time.
I was actually really glad to not see a community vote this time for that reason.

And yeah, I didn't buy like 100 some-odd games like my first Steam sale, but that's more because of my backlog of shit than anything else.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
The only repeats that I can remember from this sale were the enhanced editions of Baldur's Gate 2 and Icewind Dale being flash sales twice. I'm glad that they were because the enhanced edition of the first Baldur's Gate was given a higher discount the second time whereas it remained 50% off when BG2 was the main flash sale game.

Shantom

The only repeats that I can remember from this sale were the enhanced editions of Baldur's Gate 2 and Icewind Dale being flash sales twice. I'm glad that they were because the enhanced edition of the first Baldur's Gate was given a higher discount the second time whereas it remained 50% off when BG2 was the main flash sale game.

There was also Zombie Army Trilogy, which was featured as part of the Sniper Elite sale for 30% off, and then was made 50% off for its own flash sale. I guess that might have been the page being slow to update, since ZAT is 50% off now as part of Sniper Elite's encore sale.

Toki767

Damn. Room 2 just jumped up 17.5 million levels after a 20 minute charge lol. Going to be at 100 million in an hour or so probably.

Copons

Exactly what I was going to post.

87 millions in 4 hours. Script guys are good.

7AyS0vN.png

Thank you. And thank you yourself!
That 20m charge was super epic - and I hope we charge a lot again now, because I kinda want to go to sleep but I also want to be here for the badge. :D

oipic

Room 2 is god-tier - super impressive, congrats to you guys who made it into there. I fumbled under pressure and mistyped the room number when it was announced, and was kicking myself at the time, but I made it into room 3 when it opened. It pales in comparison to 2, but should easily make it in a few hours or so. Badge hope is alive!

Shadownet

Banned
Hey, do you know where I can go to check if my refund is back yet or not? I got a Tales of Borderlands refund waiting. Last time I checked, it said I was refunded, but it would take up to 5 days. That was last week. I haven't notice any change in my steam wallet balance.

Copons

Room 2 is god-tier - super impressive, congrats to you guys who made it into there. I fumbled under pressure and mistyped the room number when it as announced, and was kicking myself at the time, but I made it into room 3 when it opened. It pales in comparison to 2, but should easily make it in a few hours or so. Badge hope is alive!

After having missed all the good rooms in the past days, I kinda feel I deserve to be right here right now in R2. :p

But, when they gave out the number, I joined and everything was crashing and for more than a bunch of seconds I thought of trying to join R3 instead.
Thank my laziness I stayed here.

Hey, do you know where I can go to check if my refund is back yet or not? I got a Tales of Borderlands refund waiting. Last time I checked, it said I was refunded, but it would take up to 5 days. That was last week. I haven't notice any change in my steam wallet balance.
It'll be back when you see it in your Steam wallet :p Unless you refunded it to a bank account or whatever.

Zafir

Meh i was out when the YOWH rooms were posted. I'm on a reddit room but it doesn't look like it'll stand a chance, only at 12m atm. Guess 98mil is as high as I'll go. >.<

Copons

Meh i was out when the YOWH rooms were posted. I'm on a reddit room but it doesn't look like it'll stand a chance, only at 12m atm. Guess 98mil is as high as I'll go. >.<

They should push out a Room 6 as soon as Room 2 gets to 100M (we're at 92M atm, so it won't be long, I guess).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom