• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.
modbot forgot to mention the following:
header.jpg

so giveaway time, one game is Valkyria Chronicles, the rest are random games from humble bundle, pick one and good luck.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)‎

zkylon

zkylewd
My love and companionship are available for the right price.

For zkylon, its always under $5.

i still dont get what i did for u to keep making this kind of jokes about me but ok

hmm will think about it

Its vehicular Smash Bros. rather than a racing game.

like twisted metal or something, right?

It means that Shadownet is super cheap.
super gross morelike

I'm also kind of hankering one last purchase and eying my wishlist but nothing's grabbing me.
maybe something on my curator list grabs u, it's usually cheap stuff

Guys plz halp. I bought AC:Unity&Rogue in that pack right before the encore deals went live because I had 58€ left in my steam wallet and didn't feel like trying to put together a final bundle with sales expiring. I did not realize that the encore day was still a thing and thought it would go back to being regular old steam. Now I'm regretting that decision, especially after looking up the pricing history for black flag. Should I get these games refunded?

I guess it's a moot point now though since refunds take forever to process. Am I silly for thinking it should be automated for eligible things? I mean if you just bought something, using steamwallet funds, haven't played it, etc... why would the refund need to be reviewed by a human(which doesn't take that long), but why is it so hard to refund the steamwallet stuff immediately, I mean the money was valve's as soon as I put it in there. I guess it has to do with how the backend keeps track of which product was bought so publishers/devs can get paid but it's kind of annoying.

Turfster

I always said I liked RE5. I rate it. Enjoyed it enough I played it not once, but twice, then a few co-op campaign runs over the years. I nearly bought it a second time for the Steam copy, but I'm not sure I love it that much. >>

RE5 was a horrible Resident Evil game and had a lot, LOT of problems, but at least it was a halfway competent character action game.
RE6 is both an atrocious Resident Evil and the shittiest character action game ever.

Sarcasm

Guys plz halp. I bought AC:Unity&Rogue in that pack right before the encore deals went live because I had 58€ left in my steam wallet and didn't feel like trying to put together a final bundle with sales expiring. I did not realize that the encore day was still a thing and thought it would go back to being regular old steam. Now I'm regretting that decision, especially after looking up the pricing history for black flag. Should I get these games refunded?

I guess it's a moot point now though since refunds take forever to process. Am I silly for thinking it should be automated for eligible things? I mean if you just bought something, using steamwallet funds, haven't played it, etc... why would the refund need to be reviewed by a human(which doesn't take that long), but why is it so hard to refund the steamwallet stuff immediately, I mean the money was valve's as soon as I put it in there. I guess it has to do with how the backend keeps track of which product was bought so publishers/devs can get paid but it's kind of annoying.

If you have 100+ games in your library, refund it and just grab it next sale.

hey i bought Wolfenstein the new order yesterday and I just realized now that it says its a ROW copy, which is like my RE4 copy which my brother can't play. so does TNO have steam sharing disabled or does it still work? I'd check myself but I can't get into my brother's computer.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I was honestly okay with Resident Evil 5, even if it was just constantly trying for a big action movie feel, if it wasn't for the turret sections. No fun either of them, kept me from ever beating the game on it's hardest difficulty.
True it was classic style or RE4 continuation I wanted, but it was a serviceable action game.

I didn't have time to join a room today, any ones room need an overnight push? I'll just set the autojoin and try an push my way in

Room 49992 is the the new room by both the Monster Summer Game and YOWH.

Zafir

I didn't have time to join a room today, any ones room need an overnight push? I'll just set the autojoin and try an push my way in
49992 was created recently by a reddit and YOWH collab. Not sure if it'll make it to 100m but could sure use the help.

It's my last hope to get the badge.

*fingers crossed*

demented

Just in case someone doesn't have this here you go:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (demented, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Broken Sword: Director's Cut -- MB-B5FD1BBBC43DC346 - Taken by cyborg009. 2 entrants total.

t1434942138z1.png

Kagemusha

ModBot said:
I am giving away 17 Steam keys and 1 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Royal Defense -- MB-3AE659E803C72A0C - Taken by Diedac. 2 entrants total.
MEMORIES OF A VAGABOND -- MB-1A39D96BE0A18D83 - Taken by Cyldman. 1 entrants total.
Fearless Fantasy -- MB-9B5CCEEE970B87D1 - Taken by Newblade. 2 entrants total.
The Campaign Series: Fall Weiss -- MB-A1C00910CEF363A9 - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
140 -- MB-BC3E10794C6854E3 - Taken by xGreg. 1 entrants total.
x0NgVuQ.png
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition Wii U -- MB-AEB5E2A91D7B91D0 - Taken by Couchaddict. 1 entrants total.
Brink of Consciousness: Dorian Gray Syndrome CE -- MB-73D429863F423ACE - Taken by fuzzy123. 1 entrants total.
Chompy Chomp Chomp -- MB-8F95430925C70E92 - Taken by Loptous. 1 entrants total.
Bliss -- MB-0220051EA873E0E1 - Taken by anastef. 1 entrants total.
Guns n Zombies -- MB-CC9029DFB607BEFF - Taken by crazyrabbits. 9 entrants total.
Marine Sharpshooter II : Jungle Warfare -- MB-5F75BE231FD7BE7B
Race Injection -- MB-207E43F042CB142F - Taken by Miniboss. 1 entrants total.
spacechem -- MB-C66D95D2A902B444 - Taken by Sch1sm. 1 entrants total.
Trainz: Murchison 2 DLC -- MB-4743FAC3C05A0914 - Taken by Eila. 1 entrants total.
RADical ROACH Deluxe Edition -- MB-F5C086F6F1D2A4F7 - Taken by Mackenzie 92
Cobi Treasure Deluxe -- MB-9AB64E1A78A1DD12 - Taken by titch. 1 entrants total.
Lost Chronicles of Zerzura -- MB-6946A12BCBB045DC - Taken by Sammichu. 1 entrants total.
Hostile Waters: Antaeus Rising -- MB-8F64B4AC10797BC6 - Taken by titch. 1 entrants total.

t1434932178z1.png

Ugh I hate that feeling when you've already bought a bunch of games but still kinda feel like maybe you should get one or two more before the sale ends.

I already bought enough, me, stop.
Luckily enough for me, there weren't really any huge standout deals and I have such a big backlog that I don't have that feeling. Last sale I felt a bit more like that.

Jawmuncher

RE5 was a horrible Resident Evil game and had a lot, LOT of problems, but at least it was a halfway competent character action game.
RE6 is both an atrocious Resident Evil and the shittiest character action game ever.

Lol no. At least not gameplay mechanic wise.

shockdude

Decided to play some eXceed 3rd Jade Penetrate - Black Package. Currently $2.39 until the end of the sale.
I forgot how good this game is. All bullet hell games are adrenaline rushes, but there's something about eXceed 3rd's sharp presentation and fantastic soundtrack that pushes the adrenaline to hype-like levels.
The game has framerate issues which would otherwise ruin the experience, but fortunately there's a (must-have) fix for that.

Did I mention the soundtrack is good? It's so good that it costs more than the game itself, haha. At least the devs were nice enough to make the OST free to listen to online.

Parsnip

49992 was created recently by a reddit and YOWH collab. Not sure if it'll make it to 100m but could sure use the help.

It's my last hope to get the badge.

*fingers crossed*

I'll try to join as well once my room reaches the goal, we are at 65 now and going strong.

KenOD

Really enjoying hexcells going play this more tonight.

I really do recommend after having gone through the entire game, just starting up a fresh save just to amuse one's self how all those previous stages once felt difficult, are now quickly solved due to understanding. It's empowering.

I have 18 cents from mini-game cards. Surprisingly enough, there are several games I can buy with that !

Oh wow. What bad luck. 19 cent is apparently a barrier for some better rated games. Need to idle a bit.

That's a pretty cool and memorable thing to do! Nice.

Like? I have .50 cents sitting in my account.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Out There Somewhere is 19 cents and seemed really good from what I played.

Or you can get the bundle it's in for 74 cents since all the games in it seem decent

Jawmuncher

I just saw it too. Theater was sold out and people clapped at the end. I didn't know that was an actually thing people did.

tumblr_nfr7x13P5G1rsjot3o1_400.gif

Apparently those last 20 minutes along with the nostalgia has gotten to a lot of people. Can't wait to see it. Even if I'm the only one in the theater I'll clap.

KenOD

Here, this shows a list of games starting from cheapest. 50 cent should give you plenty of options.
http://store.steampowered.com/search/?filter=ut2#sort_by=Price_ASC&category1=998&filter=ut2&page=1

Of which for cheap I found

Defy Gravity Extended to be a decent little shoot-em-up that pays for most of itself back with card selling, Polarity to be good if one wants more first person puzzle even if it doesn't have the polish of Portal, and one of my favourites (though it takes some effort to work on modern systems, plenty of guides for that) in Commandos 2.

Commandos 2 being one of the best stealth games on Steam. Though for that you can just save your money for next sale and get the whole Commandos series for a cheap price as well.

Sch1sm

:lol

Kagemusha, thanks,
but that link for spacechem gift definitely doesn't work.
Add me on steam or something. We can sort this out. <3

In other news. Played a fair bit of Outland today. This game is something. I felt so awkward using entirely keyboard. WASD for movement and UIO, HJK, SPACE. Had to pull out a controller. Not bad, though. Pretty game.
I'm so lost in my current place, the map is my best friend.

Jawmuncher

The Resi 6 impressions are really confusing me :-S

Is it awful or great? I really can't tell anymore >.<

Go in for cheap and learn the mechanics. You'll end up getting enjoyment just from that. Much like RE5 having a friend is a plus.

RE6 is the only game I did all achievements for and I did it solo.

Sch1sm

That gif, Shadownet. Floored me at the mention of Modern Warfare 4. The campaign is dead.

The Resi 6 impressions are really confusing me :-S

Is it awful or great? I really can't tell anymore >.<

Guess you'll have to find out for yourself or never know. I found it pretty bad, tbh, and I have the unpopular opinion of liking RE5.

Anustart

Been playing don't starve. Get wrecked by hounds every time. I'm prepped this time though, then I die, get rezzed by the stone, on the way back to grab my gear, hounds come :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom