• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

baterism

My request was approved, but if it really does take 7 days for the money to go in my steam wallet, I'm gonna need to buy another wallet card before summer sales end.

Not 7 days I think. I get CSGO on 2nd day of sales, ask refund on 3rd day, and I already got my money today. 7 days on average or maximum perhaps.
I wonder why CSGO get me sick way worse than L4D2. The same with HL:Source, that game is a nightmare for me.

It's the countdown to them finally honoring my support ticket.

I just got an email from them replying to a support request I put in on May 13th. Sprightly they are certainly not.

My request was approved, but if it really does take 7 days for the money to go in my steam wallet, I'm gonna need to buy another wallet card before summer sales end.

It took about 3-4 days for my refund money to show up in the wallet.

FFXIII-2 runs so abysmally that i think im going to lock it to 30 and just pretend that there isn't a world where last gen ports run at+60 fps in 2015.

I had to set the game to Vista in the compatibility mode just to stop the thing from buzzing.

cmon SE, this shit is embarrassing.

iosefe

FFXIII-2 runs so abysmally that i think im going to lock it to 30 and just pretend that there isn't a world where last gen ports run at+60 fps in 2015.

I had to set the game to Vista in the compatibility mode just to stop the thing from buzzing.

Do you use the modified exe to remove the frame pacer? Might help a little

Knurek

Good luck with locking to 30 - unless things changed from FFXIII, the framepacer Squeenix used will frequently drop the framerate to 15.

Do you use the modified exe to remove the frame limiter? Might help a little
no, because it seems to mess with the game's logic from what i've read. Rather have the game not slow to a crawl or speed up randomly if i can avoid it.
Good luck with locking to 30 - unless things changed from FFXIII, the framepacer Squeenix used will frequently drop the framerate to 15.

sigh. So no easy way to just keep it at 30 then? because watching it jump from 60 to 30 over and over again is making me want to kick a bucket of rocks real hard

Knurek

sigh. So no easy way to just keep it at 30 then? because watching it jump from 60 to 30 over and over again is making me want to kick a bucket of rocks real hard

Lots of solutions up on PC Gaming wiki, nothing helped me with FF13 though.
I just grit my teeth and plowed through the game.
(Will not buy 13-2 and 13-3 unless heavily discounted though)

yuraya

Probably old but IGN is saying there is hope for more dark souls after 3.

Squeenix works at a snail pace. On top of that they announced like 100 new games in past couple days.

Maybe they'll patch XIII-2 some time next year :p

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Okay I'm pretty sure Valve changed the card drop algorithm yesterday. I've been idling almost non-stop since the sale started and have received (on average) about 28-30 cards overnight each night. Last night I received 11 cards.

Most of the games took around 3 hours each to drop all of their cards, so I'm guessing cards didn't drop at all in the first two hours. I'll continue to monitor the situation, but it appears that Valve is trying to prevent people from buying a game, idling the cards, then refunding the game.

Vuze

Okay I'm pretty sure Valve changed the card drop algorithm yesterday. I've been idling almost non-stop since the sale started and have received (on average) about 28-30 cards overnight each night. Last night I received 11 cards.

Most of the games took around 3 hours each to drop all of their cards, so I'm guessing cards didn't drop at all in the first two hours. I'll continue to monitor the situation, but it appears that Valve is trying to prevent people from buying a game, idling the cards, then refunding the game.
Í wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. Looking forward to hear more!

Backlogger

I actually noticed this yesterday too though I thought it was due to somehow getting logged out of the client. The throttling make sense though if that is the case.

Shadownet

Banned
Yes, it's quite strange. I can understand that exclusives and games that can only played with tools on the consoles can be an argument, but other than that it's pretty dim. It's not rocket science anymore to setup a PC, it's not particularly more expensive unless you want to have murder machine and there are so many options and choices to be have.
The funny thing is that he actually play Star Wars the Old Republic on PC already lol and his dad built him a pretty decent gaming computer. So it's not like he doesn't have the mean to. I looked at this PC. If he upgrade his GPU, then he would have a fantastic PC.

Oh. Just noticed that the Talos principle is just 5,10$ here. Sadly I already finished it :(
Is this a Portal-like game? I never understood what its suppose to be.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I actually noticed this yesterday too though I thought it was due to somehow getting logged out of the client. The throttling make sense though if that is the case.

Of course the official Idle Master group is full of people claiming that Idle Master is somehow the cause... *sigh* Sometimes it feels like you just can't win.

wilflare

Do you like trippy, futuristic racers like Wipeout? Have you played Nitronic Rush? You can boost, jump, even fly for a bit while performing crazy stunts. Some handmade tracks and a variety of gamemodes are included, many more via Steam Workshop and now there's a new Trackmogrify feature. Enter a name, say SteamGAF, and you'll get a newly generated track. No weapons and no contact with other racers in multiplayer.

you should just put that as review - why did I even ask you T_T
now I really want to get it
:O

the Trackmogrify sounds amazing - just wondering if I should wait for the price to drop further but argh

Backlogger

Of course the official Idle Master group is full of people claiming that Idle Master is somehow the cause... *sigh* Sometimes it feels like you just can't win.

No there is definitely something happening and it seems obvious to me it's on Valve's end. I also wonder if it's not due to refunds but due to the cards market itself. Maybe they are trying to affect supply a little.

pahamrick

I'm definitely thinking they changed something. I idled Warhammer Space Marine for 2 1/2 hours with no drops, then all of a sudden I got 3 card drops in a span of 5 minutes.

Kifimbo

Played a new game for an hour yesterday, and I didn't get a card. This is clearly a Valve decision.

Shadownet

Banned
Alright, for those of you that don't know how to. There is actually an autoscript that will spam request to a particular room.
1.Go to http://steamcommunity.com/minigame/ (use Chrome if you can)
2.Press F12 on Chrome to go to Console.
3.Copy and Paste this in.

setInterval(function() {JoinGame(xxx);}, 1000)

4.Replace the "xxx" with a room number. Example: setInterval(function() {JoinGame(43187);}, 1000)
5.Click enter and pray. It will keep trying until you either get into the the room or get tired and refresh the page.

This way if you want to join a friend, but keep getting the error message, just ask them for their room number and spam this. Most people should be running an autoclicker script that will display their room number somewhere.
If you're still not running any script. Go here to get one.

https://github.com/wchill/steamSummerMinigame

Now if you don't have any friends to play with (like me) :(

You can go to http://steamga.me/ to find rooms. Look for "ID" that is the room number. This page show you how many players are in each room, active players, current level, etc.

Tip: If you want to get into a good room. Get on your computer, and be on the lookout for good rooms early.http://www.twitch.tv/ulletical/ This guy here usually announce Reddit rooms in the twitch chat and those are usually the good rooms to be in.

For more info you can go here. Stuff will get updated daily.

Good luck, for those who haven't reach 1 million yet. If you have any question, PM me on Steam.

Credit to Reddit for figuring out all this stuff.

wilflare

Alright, for those of you that don't know how to. There is actually an autoscript that will spam request to a particular room.

Good luck, for those who haven't reach 300K yet. If you have any question, PM me on Steam.

thanks Shadow
my room is at 238K now.... almost there :O

dex3108

This game looks goooood :D

vwkV3LC.gif

http://www.calvinonoir.com/

Tizoc

I was wondering about that for a while, seeing as the refund time is under 2 hours of play :p

Shadownet

Banned
Are people cheating on steam mini game or players are so fast ? :)

Cheating, but lets be real. It's impossible to get to 300k without resorting to using autoscript. Valve anticipated that so that's why the final goal is so high.

Even then some groups are almost hitting 1M lol

zkylon

zkylewd
DMC 3 is bad, right?

i duno about the port, but the game's really good

really fun mechanics and the characters and story are nuts in all the right ways

The sponsor-effect.
yeah, i guess you can sum that up to "no sponsor-effect pls"

uh oh, ninja spiders
-__-

I agree with this. I would also add that a lot of the guests had simply nothing to show. I feel like I wasted 2 and half hours. Phil Spencer showed up to announce KI and GeOW without much details (ETA, Win 10 App store exclusive?). He pretty much admitted himself he had nothing to promise or show. Obsidian showed up with a CGI trailer for the pilllars expansion and talked about Kickstarter and Paradox instead of the game. Chris Roberts stuff was pointless. I learned more about Cliffy's obsession with CSGO than his new game. Some of the trailers were already shown before like Tacoma and Soma. The intro with the mountain dew in a glass wine with the tears was embarrassing. So was the AMD product placement. If it wasn't for the host it would have been a complete disaster for me.

I felt like they had a number of guests in mind and they simply filled the schedule even if they didn't have any meaningful stuff to show.
yea that's very much true

like, if u watch the geoff keighly stream thing, he does the same talk show thing of having interviews and whatever, but each game segment is much shorter and more on the game than what we had here

i thought the host was fine and the script wasn't terrible, some things were a bit cringy (but that always happens), but he was alright

going through some kinda out of the blue personal life absolute shit right now, good lord. lots of talk about community stuff in here so I guess if anyone wants to know what's up you can figure it out from the drunk thread in OT community

made me miss the last part of the PC stream. guess I didnt miss anything?

sorry to hear that salsa, i've actually gone through very similar things myself (i think i've told u already)

we've chatted a bit over the years about our relationship fuckups, so we can talk on steam if u want

derExperte

you should just put that as review - why did I even ask you T_T
now I really want to get it
:O

the Trackmogrify sounds amazing - just wondering if I should wait for the price to drop further but argh

Steam reviews are 'overwhelmingly positive' btw which is rare for Early Access titles, the core gameplay seems to work fine and content is coming at a steady pace, even the adventure mode is partially implemented already.

Good luck, for those who haven't reach 300K yet. If you have any question, PM me on Steam.

What happens at 300k? Epeen growth or bonus?

wilflare

Steam reviews are 'overwhelmingly positive' btw which is rare for Early Access titles, the core gameplay seems to work fine and content is coming at a steady pace, even the adventure mode is partially implemented already.

okie buying it now ><
when I thought I'm done, you pull me back in.gif

madjoki

Cheating, but lets be real. It's impossible to get to 300k without resorting to using autoscript. Valve anticipated that so that's why the final goal is so high.

Even then some groups are almost hitting 1M lol

Because we got more wormholes, higher we go, it will increase yet again.

Reaching 1m gives 1000 wormholes which means optimally 10k jump per active player.

What happens at 300k? Epeen growth or bonus?

Apart from new badge, nothing. It's currently last, but new badge levels were hinted at.

Grief.exe

When I was looking through Early Access games I continually found games with above 95% review ratings. In fact, I kept having to expand my scope to include all of the games.

CEfe8e4UUAAMrl_.png

Sorry if it's blurry,blame Twitter.

Shadownet

Banned
I hope everybody gets Astebreed when the deal goes up.
I'm trying to get in on that deal. and damn i love your new avatar.

Well I want that! When do new rooms open 12? I need to get into a good one
Usually 12, yes. But the people on reddit usually wait and let the stampede of people trying to join new rooms passed by before opening a room themselves. If you click on that twitch link. That guy will give out reddit room numbers.

zkylon

zkylewd
lots of great games on these flash sales:

rage - really good shooter, but a pretty bad open world game.
kr0 - weird dreamlike sort-of-adventure-game. it's a weird game to explain but one that if you're into non-traditional narrative in videogames you'll adore
dust - pretty good metroidvania-ish game if you don't mind furry characters
gone home - one of my favorite games in recent years, a walking simulator with actual level design. also very appropriately tackled themes to it that are at least pretty relevant to myself.
dmc 3&4 - haven't played the new dmc, but those two are really good action games, very challenging and rewarding. the closest we have to bayonetta on pc

iosefe

i will say without shame that Gone Home freaked me out

it was a dark and stormy night as I played a game with a Dark and stormy night

I'm trying to get in on that deal. and damn i love your new avatar.

Usually 12, yes. But the people on reddit usually wait and let the stampede of people trying to join new rooms passed by before opening a room themselves. If you click on that twitch link. That guy will give out reddit room numbers.

I am at work cant be on twitch, hopefully someone in here posts some good room #s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom