• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am kinda sad but, I did my first refund today. For Paper Sorcerer. Basically I got to a point where I had saved and when I would leave my room in game to go out into the town the game would be running but, the already questionably coded menu wouldn't load which prevents me from doing anything even bringing up a menu to close the game. Tried a multitude of things but no matter what I would be stuck. I could have started the save over but:

1.) It would put me over 2 hours played on Steam to get back to where I was.

2.) I would be going back to this location a lot, as it's the main hub of the game. So if it can happen an hour in it could happen 10 hours in.

So I took the safe bet and refunded the game.

AHA-Lambda

Just skipped that I did everything the game had to offer solo. That's fine.

You did say having a friend is plus though =/

I'll come back to this next sale, my backlog is big enough again, and I've spent enough :p

I kind of want Sunless Sea, but unfortunately it would put me over budget.

These are the hard choices we deal with SteamGAF.

yeah, that's one I've missed out this sale too V_V

Vamphuntr

The Resi 6 impressions are really confusing me :-S

Is it awful or great? I really can't tell anymore >.<

There's basically a great combat system and mechanics in a huge pile of steaming shit of QTE, terrible vehicle sequences, kill wall chases and repeated content.

I don't know, but I do play solo.

Again, playing solo. Well, that's that sorted!

nah fuck that game then, you're gonna fall asleep, especially during Jake's story or whichever the one that is voiced Troy Baker. That shit is straight up doodoo from beginning to end. what made it fun tho? talking shit about it with my brother.

There's basically a great combat system and mechanics in a huge pile of steaming shit of QTE, terrible vehicle sequences, kill wall chases and repeated content.

Ugh, why did you mention the QTEs? Now I'm having flashbacks to one (Jake's campaign, I think) where I failed to close a friggin' door a dozen times in a row.

Such a bad game.

Jawmuncher

nah fuck that game then, you're gonna fall asleep, especially during Jake's story or whichever the one that is voiced Troy Baker. That shit is straight up doodoo from beginning to end. what made it fun tho? talking shit about it with my brother.

Sometimes I wonder how we're friends

AHA-Lambda

Man, what happened steamgaf, this sale you've put me off buying RE6, Lords of the Fallen and Zombie Army Trilogy, I thought we were all about buying games we didn't need! XD

Deitus

Man, what happened steamgaf, this sale you've put me off buying RE6, Lords of the Fallen and Zombie Army Trilogy, I thought we were all about buying games we didn't need! XD

Only if the discount is good enough. Nobody's gonna recommend you pay $20 for a mediocre game. Do we need to post the instructional images again?

Sometimes I wonder how we're friends

Because I'm ace as fuck. Have you seen my avatar? Look at my avatar.

image.php

thats why we're friends.

Well, I finally caved and bought the Season Pass for Arkham Knight. $24 was pretty cheap, especially considering I got the game for ~$12 with all of my old Playfire credit.

Tuesday can't come soon enough.

It's the dawn of a new era to SteamGAF, we are going to watch over ourselves and only buy games that we really want, no more impulse buy or waiting for the next bundle.

mystery game 1 -- MB-58CCC7EA58902A33 - Taken by Madn. 2 entrants total.
mystery game 3 -- MB-0F8957CFE182BFA2 - Taken by alr1ght. 2 entrants total.
mystery game 2 -- MB-949B84F7B2FE2054 - Taken by Mivey. 1 entrants total.
mystery game 5 -- MB-904EA6E7F773D795 - Taken by MaxiLive. 4 entrants total.
mystery game 4 -- MB-EF251D72523BD1B0 - Taken by BigAT. 10 entrants total.
mystery game 7 -- MB-9D4EE841CD0076D9 - Taken by Spring-Loaded. 5 entrants total.
mystery game 6 -- MB-DE86266F7E47E26C - Taken by Werd. 10 entrants total.
mystery game 9 -- MB-B0E2EE0F03C4B087 - Taken by salazar547. 3 entrants total.
mystery game 8 -- MB-CAC37EC7A51FD71C - Taken by Volimar. 1 entrants total.
mystery game 10 -- MB-270BCE0572006AC9 - Taken by L.O.R.D. 1 entrants total.
LMFAOOOO why so many people picked number 4 tho? I bet it was fucking pupo who snitched. Thats why I told him the wrong number, douche.

Should be your avatar

I have that one saved up actually in case NIS goes bankrupt and no one wants to save the poor prinnies OR in the case that Disgaea 5 brings home the bank(which lets be real, most likely won't happen)

#savetheprinnies

Backlogger

I secretly hoped for a Steam Gift Card for Father's Day, but my wife probably has an idea how much I already spend on gaming and doesn't feel the need to pile on.

oipic

99 millions, I can feel the wormhole badge :)

Amazing room 666

Fine work, room #49666 - not as spectacular as 49659 (that was something else!), but in the context of the rest of the game, this badge was earned in great style.

The YOWH script is quite a work of art. Good bit of code, that.

Maniac

Banned
Oooh, aaah. Witcher 3 done. Might be the best writing in games yet, at least in a game of this scale.

Too bad the movement simply sucks, technical issues, mediocre combat. Despite all the negatives, I shall grade it "great game".

I really like the combat like the combat >.<. Movement is definitely a tad janky, although I like that it has weight to it.
the sidequests stink in witcher 3

that's right, they stink

You stink!

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This is a giveaway for the thread url: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1064932.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Aqua Kitty: Milk Mine Defender -- MB-867F889135D7A371 - Taken by Boss Doggie. 1 entrants total.

t1434936319z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm pretty disappointed that some games i was hoping to pick up weren't even on decent sale price

actual sunlight was only 15% off which is like super lame, continue?987654whatever didn't even get discounted at all...

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Hope everyone had a great sale! I know it's not much, but hopefully there's something in here for everyone to enjoy:

ModBot said:
Instructions for jshackles:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 64 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (jshackles, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.

Zero Gear -- MB-A280CB33E2C9F886 - Taken by electroflame
iBomber Defense Pacific -- MB-EBD5EDD2D6C88862 - Taken by crimsonheadGCN
Iron Grip Warlord -- MB-04F7453EC571A98C
Them The Summoning -- MB-A242FD2D1DC26737
KnightShift -- MB-FB64F42201A115EF
Race Injection -- MB-9DFA2916B0B6F5EE
King Arthur II The Role Playing Wargame -- MB-3F5A186BD50B2609 - Taken by LurkerPrime
Kaptain Brawe A Brawe New World -- MB-F2955F934DD43E69
Wickland -- MB-E5DFD1676F080EA8 - Taken by Purkake4
RADical ROACH Deluxe Edition -- MB-2B2EAE2216188384
Questrun -- MB-9E0B13E10FD221B5 - Taken by Couchaddict
Jet Gunner -- MB-211A35F499AF970E
Skyscrapper Simulator -- MB-702F4C364393C51F
Humanity Asset -- MB-75B619F23D582F72 - Taken by Maniac
Divo -- MB-FD0574A24505B0D8 - Taken by WinterDemons
Life of Pixel -- MB-62A0772395B33643 - Taken by derExperte
Savant Ascent -- MB-EEC0353FF32417AB - Taken by xenoflux2113
Freedom Fall -- MB-9A7D083E3C3C083D - Taken by alr1ght
Gun Metal -- MB-92CB9DBDFBC140C0
Jack Orlando Directors Cut -- MB-85941B21B669B970 - Taken by texhnolyze
Iesabel -- MB-F710FA30F2BD0432 - Taken by crazyrabbits
Montas -- MB-C91E776A2D2C4451 - Taken by redlacs
Solar Flux -- MB-3731ADA8EBF74633 - Taken by billmcdougal
T.E.C. 3001 -- MB-CA8A7ED28992EFDD - Taken by trailmix16
Journey of a Roach -- MB-F858542685A7B3B8
Two Worlds II Pirates of the Flying Fortress -- MB-17531FD385182B00 - Taken by spindoctor
Doorways Chapters 1 and 2 -- MB-22C697DA7364618D - Taken by Ozium
Wooden Sen'SeY -- MB-4A2E62F85771E42E - Taken by titch
Postal -- MB-BA644D81E2DA0EC4 - Taken by gurm3n
Epigenesis -- MB-C6CD888EF662B352 - Taken by Belgarion
GT Legends -- MB-CA68032AED601C83 - Taken by Arthea

Project Aftermath -- MB-44D46C92C37BDA58
Red Faction Armageddon Path to War -- MB-DDA2E773903D063F
Kill Fun Yeah -- MB-C31FE144E32A7EA6 - Taken by Dusk Golem
Knytt Underground -- MB-2B5A83005F15F456 - Taken by ExoSoul
Ride em Low -- MB-84E9E24FDAEA90C2
Orbital Gear -- MB-9B99A18CF3F13593 - Taken by gurm3n
Race On 07 -- MB-ACCC25B10C22EB44
International Snooker -- MB-A4ABC5D6BBC1E2E2
Jolly Rover -- MB-FFD1175B081C331C
Rush for Glory -- MB-52A6572BBF7C230E
Major Mayhem -- MB-E39FDD534A13ADBE - Taken by titch
Nosferatu The Wrath of Malachi -- MB-660DE53B0B829289

Grimind -- MB-114284A6F77FE536
Majesty Gold HD -- MB-BCF96059CFC5EDB5
Influx -- MB-87A4EC801D550647 - Taken by gurm3n
Yury -- MB-E1BFB2CBE45AB0EF
White Noise Online -- MB-26A782CF7441FAF7
Shadows Price of our Sins -- MB-7872FB8B4990A7BF - Taken by SSPssp
Jet Car Stunts -- MB-228BDADCA0A45BC1 - Taken by r3n4ud
Waves -- MB-46607A028D4CA599 - Taken by Kuroyume
Out of the Park Baseball '14 -- MB-D2AB2C7DC7BD5A4C - Taken by xGreg
Rochard -- MB-1FC525731FBB5F52 - Taken by SilentRacoon
Soulbringer -- MB-79A7F52F4FC54932
Urban Trial Freestyle -- MB-5C942093AB2F7FD4 - Taken by pahamrick
Huntsman The Orphanage -- MB-99F99F3482B475A0
SOL Exodus -- MB-E5556EC702682AB0
Kairo -- MB-B3C56D7DF2D5B4D9 - Taken by freshVeggie
Echo of the Wilds -- MB-FE6C756872F6BCB7 - Taken by user237
Humans Must Answer -- MB-FF2F5266DA0E2338 - Taken by Kagemusha
Strategic War in Europe -- MB-E1C01B8E8C21DEF5 - Taken by Belgarion
Legends of Aethereus -- MB-5D314F3D293A4CA6
Puddle -- MB-A21E30D237F239B4 - Taken by Nabs

Today i finished Akiba´s Trip , really liked it :

header.jpg

Good :

+ Funny dialogues and references
+ Interesting controls , you have 3 attacks , each of those makes you attack a different part ( head , torso , legs )
+ Strip Chain Combos ( &#865;° &#860;&#662; &#865;°)
+ Multiple Endings depending of what choices were made during some dialogues

Bad :

- Not many graphical options
- Small map with like 12 different sections so many missions happen in the same place
- The combat gets repetitive after a while

Took me like 13 hours to complete all the missions and the arena btw in case anyone wanted to know how long the game is

Hope everyone had a great sale! I know it's not much, but hopefully there's something in here for everyone to enjoy:

Very nice giveaway, jshackles!

I have it on good authority that Zero Gear has incredibly rare (% completed) achievements. For y'all's achievement showcases.
What I will not mention is that they're all multiplayer only and that game only ever had a community during its free weekend years ago.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I got Sanctuary RPG Black Edition from WinterDemons this sale since I'm poor for the entire duration of this month.

P.S. WinterDemons is cool.

Jazz573

LMFAOOOO why so many people picked number 4 tho? I bet it was fucking pupo who snitched. Thats why I told him the wrong number, douche.

I have that one saved up actually in case NIS goes bankrupt and no one wants to save the poor prinnies OR in the case that Disgaea 5 brings home the bank(which lets be real, most likely won't happen)

#savetheprinnies

But it wouldn't be a real Disgaea without the original staff, who've all gone to Compile Heart. Sorry to say it but, Makai Shin Trillion is pretty much the new Disgaea, and even if the next Disgaea has prinnies, it will only be a shell of its former self. I think NIS doesn't have much time left, and it looks like they may go the way of the JRPG Savior (imageepoch). It's sad, but they had a pretty good run.

Eternia

header.jpg

Anyone interested in side-scrolling shooters and doesn't have REVOLVER360 RE:ACTOR should buy it now for $2.49. It's pretty accessible because of its main feature in that you can rotate the world by a full 360 degrees. Bullets that once filled the entire screen will only appear in a straight line when rotated by 180 degrees. For a person like me who has issues dodging in anything remotely resembling a bullet hell, this is a godsend. It's really hectic as there are a lot of things that demand your attention from every direction.

header.jpg

War of the Human Tanks ($3.99 on Steam, few cents cheaper on Indiegala) is a tactical strategy game with its goofy but endearing story wrapped in a visual novel-styled presentation. You build your squad of various classes by researching stronger units and equipment through cash earned after missions. Battles take place on a grid with a real-time component while you wait for turns but you can take as much time as you want once a unit has been selected to perform your action. There are no hit points, units can take as many hits as the number of spots they occupy on the board. You do have to pay a little attention to your character placement, how aggressive you move and rely a little on scouting through the fog of war for incoming enemies. It becomes much easier (if not completely unbalanced) as you move further into the campaign but there are some challenges that require new game plus. Absolutely blew away my low expectations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom