• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Silly lads, it's only real money if you can see it. Touch it. Smell it. Swim through it.

Deitus

Hey.

Is card money, real money?
Is playfire reward money, real money?
What about things you bought with a gift card that was, y'know, gifted to you?
What is the value of a game you got by trading a game that was given to you for buying a game?

Try adjusting the value of your library on gaugepowered and join me in philosophical dilemmament.

Is this an ad?

In any case, it is real money in a sense, but it is less liquid than cash, and it can't be converted back into legal tender so it has limited utility compared to a dollar bill. It carries the value of money in so far as you can buy (a specific set of) goods with it, but because of the limits on how you can spend it, some people would likely value $1 in paper money more than $1 in Steam wallet.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
I never got past the first real mission early on in game, where you go into a town. I never felt like it was rewarding enough from a strategy stand point and it's just not all that special as an action game of constantly moving.

I wish they had stuck to the idea of making a FPS in the vein of Bioshock rather than trying to appease everyone (the ones that wanted only X-Com as they knew it, and those that thought a FPS set in the 50s against aliens looked cool), as they satisfied neither.

Hey.

Is card money, real money?
Is playfire reward money, real money?
What about things you bought with a gift card that was, y'know, gifted to you?
What is the value of a game you got by trading a game that was given to you for buying a game?

Try adjusting the value of your library on gaugepowered and join me in philosophical dilemmament.

Money is whatever people decide to be money, and whatever value it holds depends on various factors like the example Deitus gave. I can give you 3 bottle caps for that nice tag you have.

me0wish

Any FF game I should buy besides 7&8? I already own them, so are they even worth playing? My main interest is story and side quests, and I love Chrono Trigger and XenoSaga.

Thanks.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
It's also a super resource hog if you max it, or it was at release

Annubis

Nearly 4 million jump in collab room.
This one might make it if we get good charges like that.

EDIT: Followed by a 2.5 million jump right after.

rtcn63

Man, fuck this RE6 boss fight.
The
gasbag in the Cathedral
takes an insane amount of ammo.

I don't get that boss. It just runs around with a daft-looking face, performing wrestling moves when it's not farting up the plague or taunting you with an ass shake. Not fun. Not scary. Not unsettling. Unless you consider the mom from Honey Boo Boo the epitome of terror.

Turfster

turfster always plays games he doesn't enjoy

why?

I play games people gift me, remember.
I don't want to be rude.

Edit: Finally, did it
with one civilian woman surviving
The worst part is the
stupid fucking civ AI that keeps running into you and blocking your shots

Servizio

I don't really need a tag, but I figured I'd get one to make people jealous. Is it working?
So how come The Bureau: XCOM Declassified has such mixed review.

For a really long, involved answer: the many faces of the bureau: xcom declassified: from 2006 to 2013

Somewhat shorter answer is that it had a really long, troubled development. It's very short, but is quite visually beautiful in spots. The plot gets pretty incoherent by the end, and hits you with a Deus Ex left-field multi-choice ending that's unsatisfying. The gameplay never manages to rise above meh Mass Effect knock off.

The upside is you can knock it out in a few play sessions, especially on the easier difficulties.

It's very average, but if you like Xcom, you'll probably like it okay.

I don't know where you're getting this. It's fundamentally different in tone and mechanics from both the original X-COM and the XCOM remakes. It reminded me more of Mafia II and Mass Effect than anything else.

Is this an ad?

If I were paid to post that link, would it be real money?

No, I just saw that site mentioned here a few days ago and I have been playing around with it since. But I'm having trouble adjusting the value columns since it's not like I paid straight dollar amounts for...97% of my library?

Oh. Oh! Is M&M money real money? It pays cable bills like real money.

Shadownet

Banned
I got a spare one of this
330x192

Anyone wanna trade it for another creep?

tmarg

Anybody got spare monster cards? Thinking about crafting it on my wife's account.

Only need:

Dominic
Biltzkrieg
Dire Frog

Just joined a game for the first time today, happened to get Dom and Blitz. You're welcome to them, just send me a trade request.

cyborg009

Banned
I really do recommend after having gone through the entire game, just starting up a fresh save just to amuse one's self how all those previous stages once felt difficult, are now quickly solved due to understanding. It's empowering.

I've already started doing this for the levels I've beaten lol.

:p I think I found the hidden gem in there, thanks js!

I loved playing life of pixel on my Vita. Its shame what happen to the sequel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom