• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | June 2015 II - Click the Monsters You Monster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jazz573

Butt pic.

hzdiOJb.gif

Bundles have completely killed the indie (the true indie, not the high profile indie like Ori for example) market for me. It's impossible for me not to say "it will be bundled eventually" to 90% of the games that come out. Hell even on sales, the famous last day splurge is dead for me because, again, I can't help but think "meh this will all just be bundled soon", especially with my ridiculous backlog.

And for someone that buys pretty much every bundle, it's quite annoying when you already own half of a bundle for example (and quite the thrill in the rare cases you don't own any of the games)

It kinda destroys the price value of some of the games. I played a bit of Old City Leviathan yesterday and it really feels it is more than a 10$ game, but I got it for like 3$ with 6 other games in a bundle.

Another problem though is that there are far too many good indiegames nowadays. I mean like 5 years ago when the first humble bundle was introduced Steam itself was a barren land with not many games besides "normal" games. Now there are so many great games that might be overlooked.

RedFyn

For Blink Bundle and Bundle Bandits, I suspect it was increasing difficulty finding games to bundle, fairly low revenues to begin with (mostly they were doing sub-$10,000 revenue bundles, meaning they were making sub-$2500 a bundle), and then costs in time and money to maintain.
Do you have any idea what it costs to run one of these bundle sites? I assumed that even with a low profit margin they'd be able to stay up.

Jazz573

Me too.

What part of this polar country are you in? The earliest possible time it could be is 11, if you live in the west, but here in the east it's 2 am. Are you saying you went to sleep four hours ago and just got up? Or are you just trying to make Ningen feel better?

What part of this polar country are you in? The earliest possible time it could be is 11, if you live in the west, but here in the east it's 2 am. Are you saying you went to sleep four hours ago and just got up? Or are you just trying to make Ningen feel better?

I'm on the west coast. Slept around 4AM today, got up around 8AM. My sleeping schedule has always been bad.

Also, reposting.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ford Racing 3 -- MB-BD3B4F4121BC1CA6 - Taken by Boss Doggie. 7 entrants total.

t1434957620z1.png

You talking to Ningen or Winty? Because Winty lives here in the land of Polar Bears and poutine, where it's well past working hours even in the parts where the day still hasn't changed yet, which is only one timezone, GMT -8, and it's GMT -5 in my part.

Vancouver?

Probably Ningen and yes.

Jazz573

Go to work you lazy bum

You talking to Ningen or Winty? Because Winty lives here in the land of Polar Bears and poutine, where it's well past working hours even in the parts where the day still hasn't changed yet, which is only one timezone, GMT -8, and it's GMT -5 in my part.

I'm on the west coast. Slept around 4AM today, got up around 8AM. My sleeping schedule has always been bad.

Also, reposting.

Vancouver?

Let's get all of CanadaGAF in this thread. :p

Speaking of Canada, I'm glad the Steam store pricing is favorable compared to direct conversion of USD prices. Is it one of the cheapest for ROW games?

Also, Spooky Cats is a pretty short game. It's a platformer with about 20 levels. I didn't really follow whatever story is in the game since the text isn't written properly (or is it supposed to be like that?). Pretty easy to play through, but the game isn't anything special.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of WinterDemons, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (WinterDemons, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Ford Racing 3 -- MB-BD3B4F4121BC1CA6 - Taken by Boss Doggie. 7 entrants total.

t1434957620z1.png

Sch1sm

Ford Racing 3. I remember playing that game...like a decade ago. Someone really should pick it up. One of the most memorable things of my childhood. Second to only one other racing game, Cruisin' USA on n64. Good giveaway, Winter.

Anyhow. Played a fair bit of Outland now. Aside from the controls, which I already complained about once here, it's already hitting high on my list for 2D platformers.
Maybe my left hand just isn't coordinated enough to move while executing with the right. RIP.
I haven't had as much trouble with others as this one, partly because of the entire switching between light and dark energies to continue, and how quickly it seems to go by. Not to mention with each move you learn, it scales in difficulty so it doesn't just turn into a hack/slash to get past like the few I've bothered to play. The visuals are phenomenal, 10 out of freaking 10 there.

'course, I'm only a few hours in, so the enjoyment might die. Maybe it'll get repetitive, considering there's about 70% of the game left and what you do through each "map" of sorts is essentially the same. Then again, AssCreed is all the same and I buy it every year, so. Ironically, Ubi did publish this. Ha. >>

---------

We don't speak of Ford in that context, Jazz. NEVER.

lmao
Celeste has a Princess Leia's slave outfit

HuniePop has done things to you.

Sch1sm

I keep seeing manual blocklist in some giveaways, are there gaffers who abused them before?

Yeah, exactly. If you add the rule BLACKLIST to your giveaway,

This will apply the COMMUNITY block list to your giveaway. ModBot calculates users that have been frequently blocked by other users, and blocks those users from your giveaway. Want to avoid scammers but don't know who the scammers are? Use this rule.

Hektor

Redhead island i read? Where do i check in?

Started playing Child of Light, this game is amazing, looks so beautiful and at the same time sad.

This game is not only quite sad,
but also very rad,
With its Soundtrack and its lovely rhymes,
its definetly worth some dimes.
you should play it to the end,
or i hope you'll get banned.

Im not serious about the banning, pls dont hurt me

I bought all these 4x games and then I remembered that I'm really bad at learning 4x games. So now I'm watching a ton of tutorials. Currently trying to learn Crusader Kings 2.

Tizoc

Come on GMG gimme my DMC4SE key!
Will start the preload of Batman when I get home, but sub 40 GB is an OK size for me.

Sch1sm

Join room, go to sleep, wake up, 100m badge.

Phew, I'm beat.

Man Puncher.

Really, though. Sounds like you've put in a lot of effort. Congrats on the wormhole badge. clappingintesifies.gif

I bought all these 4x games and then I remembered that I'm really bad at learning 4x games. So now I'm watching a ton of tutorials. Currently trying to learn Crusader Kings 2.

Once you've mastered one, you've got the grasp of them all. Same concept, different theme/graphics. You'll get by. If you have Civ V, maybe start with that. Not nearly as bad a learning curve. Hell, really you're walked through it all step by step.

Speaking of 4x, I kinda want Endless Legend. But it's that or Ori, and a fair few of you have pushed me to pick up Ori, so.

Shadownet

Banned
Trying to decide between Age of Empires Legacy Bundle or a copy of Age of Mythology. Halp me decide. Both are roughly the same price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom